Replies: 10036 (Who?), Viewed: 401639 times.
Page 402 of 402
Mad Poster
#10026 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 1:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Thanks @Charity , I lost two cats, my father and Neil Peart all in a couple of years.

*hugs* ... too short.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10027 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 2:55 PM
In real life I live with my mother, aged 91, and in failing health, with very limited mobility and perpetually short of breath, and with our little cairn terrier, Fudgey, aged 16, blind for nearly two years now, and with visible tumours which are probably malignant. Myself, I feel quite fit, but I'm only one year (and ten days) short of my threescore and ten.

I think those are the main reasons why I'm so keen to keep Death out of my game, where I have a little bit more control. I kind of like the company of young, happy fun-loving Sims.

We've (almost) always had pets (cats, dogs, and some smaller pets) in real life, and, yes, I'd rather like my Sims to be able have them too. But not of course at the expense of wrecking my game. So, if I ever move my game to a computer with better graphics, then I'll very seriously consider adding the Pets EP, even though it will mean me having to update some of my most important mods. I'll also want to mod out Werewolves; I'm just absolutely not into any of this supernatural stuff. I like my game to be like Real Life, but a little bit better.

I think my Sims are, like myself, fellow players in this game we call "life".

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mean, mean stride
retired moderator
#10028 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 3:01 PM
I agree @AndrewGloria , I've been rather keen to not have too much death in my game lately. I did have a death of old age this week, but that sim had a great life and died during a party, and that's the way I'd have wished my loved ones to go! So I didn't mind too much.

Thanks for the hugs, @Charity !

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -MORE RADIO-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Mad Poster
#10029 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 8:37 PM
Oh my, @AndrewGloria if I'm doing the math right with your location and mine, you share my oldest son's birthday! He'll be eighteen this year. It's a great day for a birthday, neither scorching hot or up to your ears in snow, end of the harvest season here.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#10030 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 1:05 AM
I've been slowly converting my build mode recolors from one creator to another. Today I finished up with stairs and fences. This means the next time I load the game I'm going to have a heck of a lot of fixing to do not only residential but on community lots as well. It's a slightly daunting task.
Instructor
#10031 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 7:56 PM
Arranging marriages in the new generation of Veronaville is very hard, pretty much everyone is related to the Capps or Montys, if not both... being a matchmaker is hard, now I understand why the woman is so bad at her job, it's pretty much impossible if you also want to take chemistry into account...
Field Researcher
#10032 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 8:26 PM
Sims talk about skiing an awful lot, but they can't actually go skiing.
Theorist
#10033 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 10:55 PM
I think my sims should protest for better outfits.
It is no longer possible.
Forum Resident
#10034 Old Yesterday at 2:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturlington
Sims talk about skiing an awful lot, but they can't actually go skiing.

I don't know what you're on about as thanks to Chris Hatch they most certainly can.
one link that popped up in google. multiple people have his family friendly mods linked.
https://thisfatfunnylife.wordpress.com/chrishatchmods/
Mad Poster
#10035 Old Yesterday at 7:13 PM
@AndrewGloria

Son #3 last night asked on the way to ballet if I were to be magically transported into a video game what game would I want it to be?

"Sims 2 on this guy from the Mod the Sims forum's computer, because he has death and everything bad modded out and his sims all live wonderful lives."

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10036 Old Yesterday at 8:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbee
Son #3 last night asked on the way to ballet if I were to be magically transported into a video game what game would I want it to be?

"Sims 2 on this guy from the Mod the Sims forum's computer, because he has death and everything bad modded out and his sims all live wonderful lives."
Oh Thanks Sunbee! I must tell my Sims that!

I haven't quite got death modded out, but most forms of premature death are either modded out or just avoided by very careful play. I think I really believe I have a duty of care to my Sims. Death from old age is of course avoided by playing with Aging off. If I turn it on in a lot with elders living on it, to let a younger Sim age up, then i use the Sim Manipulator to give them enough Days Left to keep them safe. I often give extra Days Left even to younger Sims.

With the end of September, that's now seven years and ten months that I've been playing without ever losing a Sim. I started playing on 30th November 2012. That's why my Sims celebrate Thanksgiving at the end of November -- to give thanks for another year of safety and deliverance. I have to say they've done better than the Pilgrim Fathers ever managed.

My birthday's on 7th October. As you may have seen in the Stupid Questions thread, my mother's offering me a new computer for it.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Field Researcher
#10037 Old Yesterday at 9:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sims2Christain
I don't know what you're on about as thanks to Chris Hatch they most certainly can.
one link that popped up in google. multiple people have his family friendly mods linked.
https://thisfatfunnylife.wordpress.com/chrishatchmods/

My Sims respectfully asked me if they could go skiing and I said no, they can't. They wanted me to thank you for your efforts on their behalf, but they live under a benign but oppressive regime, you see.
Page 402 of 402