Replies: 5736 (Who?), Viewed: 323453 times.
Page 230 of 230
Mad Poster
#5726 Old Yesterday at 4:50 AM
Sim logic means the more people are fighting and miserable, the more they enjoy it.
It means they're a bunch of masochistic sadists.
So a fire is perfectly acceptable as a means of amusement. "Don't mind me burning to death, I'll just get out of your way"

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Scholar
#5727 Old Yesterday at 9:59 AM
I replaced Crammy's Community TIme with Chris Hatch's. Its much better, but all my sims that were on lots seem to be gone forever. I was playing tired and forgot how to get them back. Now I know how to do it, but it soured my game. I'm going to stop strangetown and try something else for a while. Im kinda sad. Sorry not a play update. Right now in my game, I'll be working on CC. I have NONE! but I'll keep up with the what's happening thread.
Instructor
#5728 Old Yesterday at 10:20 AM
Welp. Apparently my little adventure into the world of translated Sims 2 resulted in me messing up my neighbourhoods folder. A whole sim year's worth of Veronaville down the drain... along with all the lots I built for it... I need a moment...
Scholar
#5729 Old Yesterday at 3:13 PM
I was working on finishing off the setting up of RM-26 in the Dakota Territory out west in 1825 for a homesteaders challenge style BACC.
Screenshots
Scholar
#5730 Old Yesterday at 4:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
Welp. Apparently my little adventure into the world of translated Sims 2 resulted in me messing up my neighbourhoods folder. A whole sim year's worth of Veronaville down the drain... along with all the lots I built for it... I need a moment...

That's so sad! I only lost a few weeks of playing yesterday (swapped out a mod and it caused some sims to vanish for days, screwing up the timeline.) I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a whole year!! Take a little break from neighborhood playing if you need to. I hope you get the spark back quickly!
Lab Assistant
#5731 Old Yesterday at 5:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie
That's so sad! I only lost a few weeks of playing yesterday (swapped out a mod and it caused some sims to vanish for days, screwing up the timeline.) I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a whole year!! Take a little break from neighborhood playing if you need to. I hope you get the spark back quickly!

Is turning aging off until they come back not an option? Or would that be too tedious?

Your updates were really fun to read, I actually enjoy this whole thread, actually I hope that you both get your spark back in the near future, as losing progress no matter how much is tough.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It pays great attention to detail and can be unpredictable.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#5732 Old Yesterday at 5:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalFlame360
Is turning aging off until they come back not an option? Or would that be too tedious?

Your updates were really fun to read, I actually enjoy this whole thread, actually I hope that you both get your spark back in the near future, as losing progress no matter how much is tough.

Tedious, Maybe others are patient, but I'm not at all. Also, for some its already been 2-3 days and I saved.... ooooooop
Scholar
#5733 Old Yesterday at 6:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama

(Big Hugs) I hate losing gameplay! I did something similar recently and now I'm back to being obsessed with backing up after every single play session. It sucks majorly to lose that much work though. Again, (((big hugs)))
Scholar
#5734 Old Yesterday at 8:53 PM
I prepared for my anatomy practical by watching a PleasantSims video, of course. As soon as my exam was over I got the clouds skyboxes she uses and put it in my game. I already had the mountains one.
I am obsessed with what adding clouds to my sky does. Attached are two photos of Piccolo Manor and Romana Farms at night. Believe it or not- that tiny farmhouse currently holds 2 adults and their nine children all aged baby-child.

I don't have anymore time to actually play today, but this was a great break
Screenshots
Scholar
#5735 Old Yesterday at 9:23 PM
In Respite/Sedona, the Ottomas twins became teenagers and Samantha became pregnant (though tbh, I'm not sure Samantha Ottomas being pregnant is actually news!).

The construction crew finished work on a new two-bedroom cottage and are trying to get started on an apartment building to house new arrivals who can't afford to buy, though the snowstorm that almost caught Julien Cooke on the road may hinder their progress somewhat. They're also a man down, as Chester Gieke got abducted by aliens; luckily he's still living with his friend Florence, who is an elder, so once the baby arrives Chester will be able to go back to work and leave it with its 'auntie'.
Lab Assistant
#5736 Old Today at 2:41 AM
This isn't as eventful as the previous update, but stuff did happen. I finished the Grunts and played the Singles through to Wednesday morning.

Friday:
Ripp and Buck woke up and went to school.

When they got home in the afternoon, Ripp got ready for work, while Buck took care of his needs. While Ripp was at work, Buck took a nap. Upon getting home at 6pm, Ripp had a nap and then woke at 9pm to invite his friends out. He went to meet them at the bowling alley, but no one showed. Checking his messages, he saw that he got a message from Ophelia telling him that he stood them up. Impatient much?

Meanwhile, Buck did his homework and then invited Jill over. They held hands, falling in love, and then cuddled under the stars until it was past midnight. She left just as Ripp returned. The brothers turned in for the evening.

Saturday:
The morning was chill.

Buck invited Jill over. When she arrived, they shared their first kiss, Jill having made the move. They continued to flirt all day, even having their first Woohoo on the sofa.

Ripp did his own thing and then got ready for work at 6pm. When he got home, he invited his friends over and hung out with them for a bit. They then left for the FM in Downtown at 10pm. They ordered food, which originally fell on Ripp, so they had to wait for another.
After their meal, both Johnny and Zidane left, so the remaining friends went back to Ripp's place.

Meanwhile, Buck continued to spend time with Jill before she went home. He then went to bed.

Sunday:
Ripp returned at 10am and went straight to bed, while Tiffany, Ophelia, and Skipp tried to figure out what to do with themselves. Buck invited Jill over, who asked if she could bring a friend; Buck said yes. While waiting for Jill, Buck noticed Zidane stood outside, and immediately recognising him as one of Ripp's friends, invited him in. Not long after this, Jill turned up and brought Dirk Dreamer despite not knowing him. After this, Skipp went home just as Ripp woke up to go to work.

Everyone else did their own thing until Ripp got home at 6pm. His friends just followed him around like lost puppies, despite the outing being over. Ripp got given his aspiration benefits (I keep forgetting to give these to sims) and that was it; anyone who liked men were drooling over him like he was the last cookie in a jar, but didn't bother to try anything, they just heartfarted. Ophelia was the exception. He had his first kiss with Ophelia despite her being in love with Skipp, too... The rest of the friendship group was invited over, and despite Ophelia smooching Ripp in front of him, he didn't care.

It got late, so everyone was sent home so they could go to bed.

Next up, the Singles.

Monday:
The girls tried to look for the jobs they wanted, but were unsuccessful. Erin threw a party and invited Loki, Circe, Pascal, and Ajay. Pascal talked to Circe's belly, Chloe tried to have her first kiss with Ajay, but was unsuccessful putting her in aspiration failure, and Kristen successfully had her first kiss with Ajay. The party was a success.

Lazlo invited Chloe out Downtown; her housemates tagged along too. They were out until 5am; the only highlight was Chloe having a sponge bath and then dancing with a mop.

Tuesday:
When They returned home, they went to bed. As soon as they got the newspaper, Norman pinched it, so they couldn't search for jobs. They just took care of their needs all day.

That was it. Not the most interesting, I'm probably forgetting something. Next time, I'll play the Singles from Wednesday to Monday, and if I have time, the Loners.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It pays great attention to detail and can be unpredictable.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#5737 Old Today at 4:07 AM
@sugosiama -I've had far worse than that happen and had to throw entire games away because of constant fights breaking out on community lots or in apartments and it ruined the whole game every time it happened.It meant not being able to progress beyond trying to just get a town started before that mess happened.I lost many years of gameplay to that issue and I'm now playing almost daily and enjoying my game with it hacked out and Modded out to get rid of that and other issues.
Page 230 of 230