Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
which consoles are those?

Playstation 3 and 4
Xbox 360 and Xbox ONE
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 6:17 PM
I felt the game play was glitchy (not sure which version I played but it was on PS2 I think). Scrolling in close with the joystick/controller was really awkward. Placing items in houses was weird. I hated it. I prefer to play games on my PC with a mouse.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Instructor
#28 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 7:30 PM
I never really liked the console versions myself, i got one free from some where when we had PS2 but it's just no where near as good for console as it is for PC, you just have to play what your told to play but it's more difficult with a controller too but so many missing feaures, wouldn't really say they are games.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 7:32 PM
To clarify I meant expansions for games in general, not just expansions for sims games. I don't think any Sims expansions exist for any console version.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 8:32 PM
I remember Sims 2 on the DS got really weird at the end. You took the role a superhero in a rat costume fighting to save Strangetown from a gang of monkey robots on the hotel's sun deck.
Scholar
#31 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 8:57 PM
A glitch with said costume:

If you save in the costume, leave for a few days and come back without moving at all (just pan the camera) it'll look fleshy from the front.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 4:37 PM
Sims 2 PSP always felt to me like all the premade sims's life got worse.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 11:06 PM Last edited by HarVee : 12th Jun 2020 at 11:24 PM. Reason: T
Why bump an old thread?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#34 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 12:00 AM
Consoles are sort of in the news just now as I hear that Nintendo and Microsoft are about to bring out new versions of the Play Station and X-Box respectively. I suppose it is hopeless to think that EA might respond to this news by bringing out new releases of the best life simulation game ever made (Sim 2 of course) for these improved platforms. Especially since Coronavirus lockdown has made computer video games more popular than ever before. I suppose the team that developed Sims 2 has long since been broken up, but why not franchise The Sims 2 to a smaller leaner company to develop for a niche market, while continuing to pay EA royalties?

I can recall a time when these games consoles were considered to have better graphics than the PC. Not surprising really when you consider that the original IBM PC was developed as a business machine, with very limited graphical capabilities. It had a loudspeaker that could go "beep". I also recall that for a while after Windows had taken over the business computing world, most high end games were still using MS-DOS as Windows graphics had too slow a refresh rate for video-based games.

Not that I ever owned a games console myself. I'm one of the PC players that Simsfreq described in her post 4 years ago I bought a PC for work and found I could play Sims 2 on it. And got totally hooked by it. Because it is quite simply the best life simulation game ever yet developed.!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 5:58 PM
Hello everyone!

By the way, on YouTube, an overview of the differences between the different alpha versions of Sims 2 for PS2 appeared:
https://youtu.be/cRtzc6F89AM

The Sims 2 Beta Library
Russian Betahunters forum thread "The Sims 2 Development History" - without them, many secrets of the Sims 2 would not have been discovered and investigated.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 8:53 PM
i was introduced to the sims franchise with the sims 2 on ps2. i didnt even know how to read that well. the game reminds me of fast food while sims 2 PC reminds me of a 5 star meal.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Page 2 of 2