Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I'm fighting a bit of a computer trojan right now, but iirc...
How to make a flat glass roof.
1) Get into the future.
2) Build a flat roof or using a flat floor.
3) In buy mode, under living room rugs, there should be a transparent window floor.

I used to make fake greenhouses that way so I could use a sprinkler, but it got to be too much of a hassle.

Thank you

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 4:07 PM
i know this isn't possible but i would love to have more of a closet like sims 2 ... when your go in your dresser only the clothes you own come up and would love to be able to mix and match all the items i own...... i know it;s probably not possible ...... but i can dream......
Groups of friends walking down the street together actually traveling on foot together... ( not following each other one by one).......
New traits ........... that actually do something.
New favorite foods....I would love it if the actually went out to get it ...went to restaurants and ordered it ...I believe they do make them at home( I'm not sure but i think i read it somewhere but i haven't seen this in my game)
Field Researcher
#53 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 2:33 AM
Wish there was a mod where you can have an ageless birthday cake for those that play their game for long periods of time, where they can cheer and eat cake and the sim doesn't age up. it's just weird that a year goes by and their birthday isn't celebrated.

Oh! also a different walk, something sexy if you want for the women and manly for the guys. or sexy for the guys and manly for the girls either way
Field Researcher
#54 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dinadine
i know this isn't possible but i would love to have more of a closet like sims 2 ... when your go in your dresser only the clothes you own come up and would love to be able to mix and match all the items i own...... i know it;s probably not possible ...... but i can dream......
Groups of friends walking down the street together actually traveling on foot together... ( not following each other one by one).......
New traits ........... that actually do something.
New favorite foods....I would love it if the actually went out to get it ...went to restaurants and ordered it ...I believe they do make them at home( I'm not sure but i think i read it somewhere but i haven't seen this in my game)

"Groups of friends walking down the street together actually traveling on foot together... "

that part right there! that would be awesome and make the game more realistic!
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 7:56 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : 13th Sep 2018 at 8:15 AM.
Quote:
... walking down the street together...
Yes! that's bothered me for years. It takes lots of patient "Go Here" to even look like we're walking side-by-side long enough for a screenshot.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#56 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 2:22 PM
I think there was a mod that allowed your sims to enter weekly evening skill classes: http://modthesims.info/d/480804. It seems to still be working with 1.67-1.69, so maybe it'll help you with your problem!
Test Subject
#57 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 4:35 PM
Two mods I forgot about and wish existed for the Sims 3.

The Sims 2 had a mod called Auto Socialize where you could select the function and your sim would work a room or lot auto socializing. They did not need to be friends and they would talk to everyone and then stop. This helped with making new friends, keeping existing relationships, skilling, and not being lonely.

The other mod was a Sims 2 mod called Auto Call where they would call everyone they knew and talk with each person. It was a great way of keeping up friendships.

Pyooon and Joshua020 thanks, will give evening skill classes mod a try looks like it will fix the problem for young adult and above. I found an updated link in the comments sections that added additional classes.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#58 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xzone7
The other mod was a Sims 2 mod called Auto Call where they would call everyone they knew and talk with each person. It was a great way of keeping up friendships.

Sims in sims 3 do actually automatically call their friends sometimes, but what I've learnt off my sims is that they'll mainly only do it if they haven't got anything to do or are bored.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Test Subject
#59 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
Sims in sims 3 do actually automatically call their friends sometimes, but what I've learnt off my sims is that they'll mainly only do it if they haven't got anything to do or are bored.

I will have to look into this further as I never actually seen my sims do this in my game.
Alchemist
#60 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler

Can confirm. If left to their own devices, mine call sims back home fairly frequently while traveling, or call foreigners while at home. In these cases, the game rolls the "Chat Long Distance" interaction, though it doesn't look like they're actually talking to a sim like in the regular phone interaction, because there's no "Chat with X" message when hovering over the action in the queue.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#61 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Can confirm. If left to their own devices, mine call sims back home fairly frequently while traveling, or call foreigners while at home. In these cases, the game rolls the "Chat Long Distance" interaction, though it doesn't look like they're actually talking to a sim like in the regular phone interaction, because there's no "Chat with X" message when hovering over the action in the queue.

Whenever I've seen my sims talking to other sims on the phone, a portrait of the sim who my sim is talking to shows up, I think the name does too, or does it not appear when they are chatting long distance to other sims?

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Test Subject
#62 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 11:42 PM
Anything that would amp up the things I need for ageplay and BDSM tbh, I value those two things very much and want to make a dd/lg couple very badly.
#63 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 2:25 AM
So things like adult pacifiers and kiddie clothes sized up?
Mad Poster
#65 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Hmm... theoretically some modder can do this using the "walking the dog" coding. Simply remove the leash, place the 2 sims side by side instead of 1 in the front and use normal walking locomotion. If the modder is good and has animation coding experience, can even make the 2 hold hands.

Can removing the leash be optional?

I wish they would be able to "sit" and chat though. Seems ridiculous to always pace back and forth when they chat, like their house is on fire.

I always thought sims did that because in their world it was necessary to keep pacing in order to maintain a high quality cell phone connection, otherwise their voices would keep fading in and out. Much like it was here 20 years ago or so.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 7:01 AM
Something to remove every one of those annoying "features" of the later EPs. So basically, something to disable the Weather Stone, Llama Mascot event, and the Time Portal appearing so that I don't have to delete all of them everytime I start a new game. And I don't mean just the camera moving towards them. The entire thing. I'm not sure if the WS is even available any other way outside of it appearing, but I don't use it anyway. But the University kit and Time Portal are both in Buy Mode! I seriously think that Salt Lake did that on purpose like some big joke or something with their releases.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
#69 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 11:26 AM
Yeah, it's purchasable. I believe it's under the vehicle section (I think). But it's definitely there.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#70 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 11:36 AM
Even if it weren't, it would be available under BuyDebug.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#71 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 12:03 PM
Check out Sims Asylum, I'm pretty sure there are mods to disable those. I have the one that removes the University mascot event completely. I remember seeing one for Time Portal, but I didn't get it b/c I don't know if that item is purchasable.

IIRC there was HowTo on the old Nraas site (among the others) with recipe for that - Retuner tinkering.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
#72 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 5:46 AM
Two words: Freezer Clock.

Treeag's mod in Sims2 I used soooo much. I could use something like that again. By the time I've got my last sim posed (say i'm going to do a cavalry charge or something with them all on horses) the first one has dismounted and is playing with the cat. ARGH.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Yes! that's bothered me for years. It takes lots of patient "Go Here" to even look like we're walking side-by-side long enough for a screenshot.

Definitely something I've wanted for a while- I wonder how something like this could possibly be modded in?

Is the stroller from Ambitions limited to only toddlers? I wonder if changeable, if the object could be made tiny/invisible and the animations swapped out?

Still a huge challenge though!
Mad Poster
#74 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dinadine

@dinadine
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Shop%20For%20Clothes ? This mod just does that: removes "Plan outfit" interaction and makes clothing racks functional to purchase new clothes. Then I assume you change into those clothes through "Change into ..." command.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
#75 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 10:38 PM
Teach small birds to talk. I know it wouldn't make sense in some cases but it doesn't make sense in some large bird cases either, and I want my talking budgies!
Page 3 of 35