Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 7:19 PM
Default Cheats for build mode in dorms?
I'm sure this has been answered before but I looked around and couldn't find it... Anyway, is there a cheat that lets you access all the build mode functions for dorms -- like the eye dropper, stairs, etc.? Usually when I get frustrated not being able to use stuff I just switch my dorm to residential, but I just re-started my hood and I don't want to do that this time around.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 10:34 PM
boolProp DormSpecificToolsDisabled false and boolProp DormSpecificToolsDisabled true

That is the kind of thing to put in your cheat file with an alias. Mine is set to dormon and dormoff.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
boolProp DormSpecificToolsDisabled false and boolProp DormSpecificToolsDisabled true

This cheat also works very well for modifying hotels and apartments.
Alchemist
#4 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
This cheat also works very well for modifying hotels and apartments.
apartments actually have different cheats; though I do not remember them.
hotels I take also have different cheats.

last I tried, lowercase worked in my game. I think Nightlife was most recent expansion then.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 3:15 AM

That is the kind of thing to put in your cheat file with an alias. Mine is set to dormon and dormoff.

Thank you! Can't believe I've played Uni this long without learning that!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759

Apartment cheat codes are a little different. I have a note that they only work in live mode? I've never used them myself.

boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled false
boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled true

For editing hotel lots, I change the zoning to an ordinary community lot, save, exit and reload the lot. When I'm done, I rezone back to a hotel lot, save and exit.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 5:52 AM
While there are cheats, it's best to do structural changes with sims moved out and the zoning changed, especially to hotels and apartments. Apartments and hotels can be buggy, but do a building cheat and they can become buggier still.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 6:20 PM
Well, it doesn't work! But my game has developed some weird glitches about dorms, and no matter how often I've un-installed and re-installed the game, the same glitches persist. For example, sometimes dormies won't move out when I add more students to a dorm. I generally can't get my sims to invite other sims to move into the dorms. And sometimes a newcomer won't be able to claim a door. So this is probably just more of the same.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759

last I tried, lowercase worked in my game. I think Nightlife was most recent expansion then.

Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Apartment cheat codes are a little different. I have a note that they only work in live mode? I've never used them myself.

boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled false
boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled true

For some reason, these cheats have never worked in my game, while the cheat for dorms has worked in every single community lot, be it hotel, apartment or dorm.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 12:07 PM
I've found that after setting the dorm building cheats on, you need to switch modes at least once before the sledgehammer/clone and collections become available.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 7:50 PM
Or just tap the keyboard key for that mode. If you're using Buy Mode, it's F2. Build Mode is F3.