Replies: 91 (Who?), Viewed: 6733 times.
Page 4 of 4
Mad Poster
#76 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 4:07 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 5th Oct 2019 at 4:30 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
Sadly I'm still unable to play. I can't find all the stuff I need to run the game, after our Real Life house move. See my recent posts in the Random Thoughts thread. But when I do get the game running I'll be heading for 19 Chorus Court, and I'll be hanging out with Andrew and his mum for a long time!
Come to think of it, most of my friends are Sims.


I did read it, but I somehow thought you had everything, it was just still in boxes. I hope you can get to playing again really soon. I'll bet Andrew is mighty impatient right about now. :3

We're your friends, too. Don't forget that. :3

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
I hate having to clog my relationships panel with friends that I don't really care about just for work. And then you have to keep up with them.

But isn't that the same as about 80-90% of real life work relationships? You have to schmooze and "make friends" with your coworkers to perform well on an everyday basis, especially in a traditional corporate setting. But you don't really care for most of those people or even have lots in common--yet you have to keep up at least a few of these relationships so that you can be promoted or get references for a new job. And now with social media, the idea of being friends with a bunch of people you don't really know is even more apt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misaki Chan
I've been stuck in this "wanting to play but not wanting to play" state for a while now and I'm now thinking about playing Pleasantview as I have never properly done so, but I'm not really sure. Playing in the original hood kind of seems like a waste of time to me as it's not linked to my usual hood in any way and so it won't progress, however I'm also a bit scared to add it as a subhood, as I feel like it may "mess up the harmony" in the main hood.

This happens to me sometimes. backup your hood, then add your new subhood. If you like it, great, no problem. If you decide you don't want the subhood anymore, you can revert to before you installed it. You can even make a parallel alternate version, one with the subhood and one without by making a copy of the original hood and then renaming it. That way you can even play them side by side/in the same TS2 folder.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | Kelyns on other forums
Mad Poster
#78 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 6:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
But isn't that the same as about 80-90% of real life work relationships? You have to schmooze and "make friends" with your coworkers to perform well on an everyday basis, especially in a traditional corporate setting. But you don't really care for most of those people or even have lots in common--yet you have to keep up at least a few of these relationships so that you can be promoted or get references for a new job. And now with social media, the idea of being friends with a bunch of people you don't really know is even more apt.


Guess that's why I failed at the corporate setting lol. It's probably because I find managing a lot of friends stressful that my sims get stuff like no friends required for promotions.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 8:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
Sadly I'm still unable to play. I can't find all the stuff I need to run the game, after our Real Life house move. See my recent posts in the Random Thoughts thread. But when I do get the game running I'll be heading for 19 Chorus Court, and I'll be hanging out with Andrew and his mum for a long time!

Come to think of it, most of my friends are Sims.


I hope you will find everything soon, at least the move is over I just want to ssay that I regard you as a friend and I am reasonably convinced that I am not a Sim
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 27th Jul 2020 at 8:49 PM
I bet it must be extra awkward for sim parents giving their children the "talk" given that aliens abduct sims.
"Okay son, in order avoid to unwanted pregnancies always use protection and stay away from large telescopes."
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 1:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Guess that's why I failed at the corporate setting lol. It's probably because I find managing a lot of friends stressful that my sims get stuff like no friends required for promotions.


I have the no relationship decay mod, which makes things so much easier. Of course you still have to make them to start with but I think it's quicker without having to maintain existing ones.
http://www.theninthwavesims.com/201...ship-decay.html
Scholar
#82 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 7:06 AM
It looks like the residents of Dodge are all hoping the drought of 1841 is ending soon since summer is over and winter will be coming soon for the town in my BACC.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#83 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 7:19 AM
The lot should have been on pause but it was on play and all these bags accumulated on the floor... how was I to know I should have gone to the till and rang up all those sims. Now I need to pee and eat and sleep and my business is at -1. *oops*

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#84 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 12:01 PM
Sim World Teacher Problems:

I don't understand my students. Sometimes I don't bother to set homework* because when I do, I never get anything back to mark anyway. What else am I meant to do during my lunch hour? The excuses they come up are something else... ..."dog ate the homework", "cat scratched it to pieces", "my brother took it to his class because he was bored yesterday and now wants his teacher to see the handiwork he did all by himself" and the most annoying, "I put it next to the cooker and wandered away while Mum was learning to make lobster thermidor. I like burnt lobster, and please don't cry, the cooker needed replacing anyway and apart from that only my homework got burnt". I can't even give them detention because their class grades are always perfect. Even though they clearly don't do an iota of studying outside class.

What am I - a glorified babysitter?

* - I have the "Homework Sometimes" mod
#85 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 1:17 PM
That reminds me of the time my cat actually ate my permission slip (he really liked to chew and rip paper and I foolishly left it on the floor) and I had to bring it to my art teacher like that.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Scholar
#86 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 4:22 PM
I can't wait to see how the children in Dodge will be filling their time up since school won't be available right away and it will be flexi school at first and that's only unlocked in households where at least one adult has logic maxed out.Nobody's going to high school since only children get schooling at first though kids might eventually have the option for it though not be required by law to have it and chidlren won't even have to get schooling until sometime in the 20th century.High school is opened up when there's enough population that more kids are continuing schooling and deciding to go to highschool which means moving out to the campus and coming back as an adult.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 4:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick
That reminds me of the time my cat actually ate my permission slip (he really liked to chew and rip paper and I foolishly left it on the floor) and I had to bring it to my art teacher like that.


Not really Sims related, but I'm pretty sure I will always be kinda weirdly pleased by the fact that the only time I ever told a teacher that "my dog ate my homework" it was 100% true (my mom had even written a note attesting to it, which I'm pretty sure my teacher found hilarious)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 7:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadOlson
I can't wait to see how the children in Dodge will be filling their time up since school won't be available right away and it will be flexi school at first and that's only unlocked in households where at least one adult has logic maxed out.Nobody's going to high school since only children get schooling at first though kids might eventually have the option for it though not be required by law to have it and chidlren won't even have to get schooling until sometime in the 20th century.High school is opened up when there's enough population that more kids are continuing schooling and deciding to go to highschool which means moving out to the campus and coming back as an adult.

=
What mods do you have that allow not going to school (no school bus, no "you're failing" , no "teen can't get a job because of low grades")...

Namaste... or "go"
Top Secret Researcher
#89 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 8:02 PM
@grammapat, the easiest way is to use Inge's school changer on simlogical and set the kids in the household to "flexi school". Don't confuse it with Inge's institution mods (though it works well with them); the school changer is here: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Schooltypes.htm It works really well and you can set it and delete--you don't need to keep the changer on the lot. Flexi school has no set hours; the school bus never shows up for sim kids. As for the social worker, when kids grow up, they start at a C grade, so if you never do anything and never send them to school, that grade shouldn't change and you shouldn't get a visit from the social worker.

If sim kids ever do experience a grade drop--or you want them to home school, etc--you can use Inge's Homework Place setting. It's very similar to the classroom workbook included with the school institution controllers, but this one separate. In my experience this workbook gives a higher grade boost when completed. It doesn't take too long to complete homework, either, and you can use it to teach kids how to study. It's here: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Homework.htm

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | Kelyns on other forums
Scholar
#90 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 4:11 AM
I have a few including an always skip school without any grade loss and a few custom optsions like school vacation and flexi school.
@Phantomknight -I already use that and keep the school changer on the lot as it's often placed in a common area in apartment lots even if it's one for singel adults because teens will often move into the units as I have a Mod that lets them find their own place if the childhood home is too crowded.I also have a no social worker hack so that likely won't be happening and the institutional signs are often placed on residential lots or apartments.School isn't even required by law in my town yet since it's only the 1840's and that didn't come into play until in the 20th century and there's all kinds of school disabling Mods out there.
@grammapat -I use a lot of Mods to be able to change the school my children and kids attend and can even put them on school vacations and there's Mods to disable it and the institution signs can also disable school and work.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 18th Aug 2020 at 11:32 PM
I just wanted to a have nice time in downtown but a crazy pale woman bite me on the neck and now I have to sleep in a coffin all the time.
Scholar
#92 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 5:04 PM
The residents of Dodge want to be able to have good times downtown though that won't be happening for at least a few generations because they have no downtown and won't for at least a long while yet so the closest thing is going to the service center for the day.Dodge was only settled last spring in 1840 and it's only fall in 1841.
Page 4 of 4
Back to top