Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 2:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Force Error bug I need help!!!
Please sorry for my bad English, it’s not my native language

I was playing the sims 2 in a neighborhood I downloaded. I didn’t played so much in this neighborhood since I spent so much time downloading mods, and I just made a Family but I didn’t played that much with them. When finally I come back to play with this neighborhood, I created a new sim. I put my sim to rent an apartment. Here’s the weird thing:

I chose the apartment I wanted to rent and the lessee come to my sim then the lessee wanted to come to my apartment but every time the lessee step onto my apartment, he automatically got teleported to the highway and then he come to my apartment and happened the same thing, over and over again, looping. Also the postman tried to step the stairs of my apartment to give me the newspaper but he couldn’t step it he got glitched on the stairs, so I thought it would be a good idea to use the force error option in the the postman so I reset him but it didn’t work and the option of reset him show up again and I reset him again but the option didn’t stopped to show up so I chose the delete option. After that, the game didn’t stop putting “force error” in my screen and I needed to delete every single force error that show up in my screen bc the cancel and reset option didn’t work. Now I don’t know how to make this options to stop appearing in my game. They show up even in CAS, I made another sim and when I put the sim in a house automatically showed up the force error option again and I can’t play how I fix this? My neighborhood it’s corrupted? I corrupted my game? Please help me
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cokefantasie
 I didn’t played so much in this neighborhood since I spent so much time downloading mods,
You probably have some mods that are conflicting, this should help you to find the problem:
Game Help:Game Problemwiki
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You probably have some mods that are conflicting, this should help you to find the problem:
Game Help:Game Problemwiki

It worked the first time, i mean i found the mod that showed up that reset option in my screen and i deleted it, but a minutes later it showed up again, I'm scared that my game would be corrupted
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 6:36 PM
What does the object error say? You can find the cause by reading the type of error and then opening the log it saved in your logs folder. If you can't tell what the cause is then post it here (the error log) and someone can then give you some insight.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 11:26 PM
You must have the boolprop code in your user startup cheat file, remove it for now, that way you won't see the error screens.

Then I would move the sim out of the apartment lot. When apartment lots are buggy, it's best to leave them. Forcing errors or deleting stuff with the move objects code can make things even worse.
You could then try moving back again in the same apartment, and if bugs appear again, it's best to delete that lot and start over.

Are you sure you didn't delete your postman, his character file? You can check by using a teleporter and trying to find him and summon him, if you know how to use those, or you can use the HoodChecker to check whether your neighbourhood is missing a sim.
Space Pony
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 5:59 AM
You should also try this: http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/N...CausedThis.html
Load the object error text file into it. It will tell you what mod might be giving you trouble.