Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 3:22 AM Last edited by ScottishgirlAnnlorie : 17th Jul 2015 at 2:55 AM.
Default Hogwarts/Harry Potter Challenge.
Requires Supernatural

Everyone knows the stories. Bravery, adventure, friendship, rivalry, revelry, peril, a second home, and above all: magic. Excitement is waiting around every corner and wonder abounds. Hogwarts has long been a reputable and mythical school, turning out the best and worst of wizards as well as providing excellent education and a learning environment that encourages young witches and wizards to grow into independent and well-rounded adults. In honour of the second home I have always loved, here is my own interpretation of Hogwarts for the Sims 3!

Starting Out:
Start out with a pre-built Hogwarts staffed with a headmaster/headmistress and one or two professors. Decorate however you wish, but be sure to include alchemy stations and any other magic items you own (like the cauldron, crystal ball, book of spells, etc.). Also be sure to construct appropriate classrooms and the four houses! Try to leave room for at least five to six children in your school (more if you want to use mods)
Now you’re ready to move on to your world. Create a family and once all the little ones in your household age up to teen, it’s time to head off for Hogwarts!

Gameplay:
One school year takes place over the course of 9-15 sim days with 3-5 sim days off for the summer vacation. Students are not allowed weekends off, but may take one sim day off for Christmas break. A normal school education will take place over 1-2 school years.
During your time at Hogwarts students must attend several core classes, choose one elective, and may also participate in an extracurricular activity if they so choose. Classes are held from 8am-5pm with a break at noon for lunch. Special classes (such as Astronomy) may be held outside of this time. The requirements for graduating are a level 6-8 in Spellcasting, a level 5-7 in Alchemy, and a level 5-7 in whatever skill is gained in the elective class.
After your sims graduate they are ready to take on the magical world. Age them up!

Core Classes:
Transfiguration: using conversion ritual on collectables. Progress from simple things like apples up to more expensive rocks and eventually to insects and other live things.
Optional: add exams to your class. Before students are allowed to move on from transfiguring one collectable [i.e. turning apples into other things, turning rocks into other things, turning gems into other thing, turning insects into other things, etc.] they must successfully transfigure a set number of collectables.
Optional: add a pop quiz to your class. On a certain day, have several random collectables (apples, seeds, rocks, etc.) that you have already covered in class. Students must transfigure these and are allowed to keep the result of their project. Extra credit goes to those who successfully transfigure their object in one try.
Optional: add a project to your class. At the end of the year, have students transfigure one of each collectable you covered that year.

Charms: Practice using charms on other students and objects. List of charms reviewed in this class: Play with Magic, Good Luck Charm, Magical Upgrades to Appliances, Love Charm, Hunger Charm, Bladder Charm, Hygiene Charm, Sunlight Charm.
Optional: add exams to your class. Sims are given two tries on a certain charm and they must perform this charm successfully at least once. Only then can they move on.
Optional: add projects to your class. Outside of class, students must magically upgrade two appliances.

Defense Against the Dark Arts: here you study spells, curses, their affects, and how to counter them. List of spells learned: Fire Blast, Ice Blast, Toadification Curse, Hunger Curse, Bladder Curse, and Hygiene Curse. BONUS: learn about the Unforgivable Curses: Haunting Curse and Reanimation Ritual.
Optional: add exams to you class. Sims are given two tries on a certain curse and they must perform this charm successfully at least once and then give how to counter it. Only then can they move on.

Potions: alchemy, here you have to climb up the levels of alchemy. Successfully brew two potions within your level to move up.
Optional: add an exam to your class. Set a potion within students’ level that has not yet been covered in class. Students then have one chance to brew it correctly.
Optional: add a pop quiz to class. Set a potion already covered in class and give students one try to brew it. Those who brew it correctly get extra credit.
Optional: add a project to your class. Outside of class, students must brew one potion not covered in class and bring the finished product to the professor.

Elective Class suggestions:
Astronomy: use the telescope to level up the logic skill and discover heavenly bodies.
Care of Magical Creatures: (REQUIRES Pets) Find a unicorn or horse and work on riding skill. (REQUIRES Dragon Valley DLC or Premium Content) Hagrid got his hands on a dragon’s egg! Add finding and hatching dragon babies to your class. Be sure to have Charlie Weasley on hand for when the dragons inevitably get out of hand.
Herbology: grow ingredients for alchemy and other plants to up gardening skill.
History of Magic: write essays on different historical subjects for class to up your writing skill.
Arithmancy: play chess and read to up logic skill.

Extracurricular Activities:
Dueling Club (Defense Club): come here to practice your skills against other students and see who has the best skill. Practical lessons will also give students a chance to practice skills learned in Defense Against the Dark Arts. (This club would just be several sims getting together and using the witches duel interaction acquired at Spellcasting level 3 as well as going over charms and spells in their Spellcasting levels).
Divination: if you own the crystal ball, you can have your sims tell each other’s fortunes, but beware the consequences.
Quidditch: Enjoy flying, strenuous work, competitive spirits, and a little bit of showboating? Quidditch is the sport of Wizards everywhere and is sure to be an enjoyable, and slightly dangerous, pastime. (Use the broom arena for at least one sim hour every weekend)

Add Variety to Your Hogwarts!

Seasons:
Set each season to 3-5 days, as this will match your school year structure.
Spring and Fall holidays are feast days! Classes are still in session but put the kitchens in overdrive for fun Halloween and spring themed foods to throw a grand dinner at the end of the day.
The Winter holiday is Christmas, give your students a day off and throw them a party! Now is a great time to receive letters and presents from home, or to floo-call your parents.
Summertime brings an end to the school year. Return home for the summer and spend time with your family. Just remember, no magic outside of school!

Pets:
Attend Care of Magical Creatures with Hagrid and learn to ride Threstals, Hippogriffs, and maybe even a Unicorn.
“Students may bring an owl, cat, or a toad.” Bring your pets with you to Hogwarts and enjoy your study breaks playing around the castle with them. Just don’t lose Trevor!

Supernatural:
Does seeing into the future untold, spending hours bent over a crystal ball trying to decipher the mist, reading musty tea leaves, and generally freaking everyone else out appeal to you? Follow Trelawney and continue your Divination passion in the job of fortune teller.

Ambitions:
Do you long to understand muggle artifacts and whatchamacallits? Follow Mr. Weasley’s passion and enter the inventor career. See what happens when you mix magic and machines.
The Ministry of Magic is looking for eager young sims just out of Hogwarts to aid them in catching spirits and ghosts gone wild. Help round up the not so dearly departed and make sure the Moaning Myrtles of the magical world follow the law in the Ghost Hunter profession.

Island Paradise:
Befriend the Giant Squid in the Hogwarts lake. Have a nice Kraken to keep you company, and maybe it will even let you tickle it. If you don’t know how, just ask Fred and George Weasley.
Work for the Ministry of Magic monitoring merfolk populations and other things at the bottom of the ocean and lakes in the world. Befriend the natives, and who knows? Maybe become a merperson yourself!

World Adventures:
Follow the Weasleys! Win the lottery at the Ministry of Magic and spend the summer abroad in Egypt. And don’t forget Scabbers!

Generations:
“Students out of bed! Students out of bed!” Students caught out of bed after 11pm will be sent to detention and miss a day of class! Utilize the punishment interactions to set students straight if they are caught trying to skip class, booby trap the school, or take an adventure after hours.
“Now I’m going to bed before either one of you comes up with another clever idea to get us killed. Or worse, expelled.” Just can’t get through to some students? Expel them from Hogwarts, snap their wand (use the potent cure elixir to make them muggle), and send them off to boarding school far away in the muggle world.

Enjoy your adventures at Hogwarts School of Magic for Sims!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 9:01 PM
Diagon Alley:
Olivander’s Wand Shop: Before your teen sim heads to Hogwarts, be sure to have them stop by Olivander’s to be chosen by their very own wand! (Buy a wand for your sims besides the “classic wand”)
Potage's Cauldron Shop: (REQUIRES Lord Vladimir's Magic Cauldron from the Sims 3 Store) each wizard or witch is required to bring to purchase one cauldron (pewter, standard size 2).
Flourish and Blotts: (REQUIRES Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells from the Sims 3 Store) enclosed you will find a supply list for the upcoming school year. Be sure to buy all of your books before sending your sim to Hogwarts!
Borgin and Burkes: (REQUIRES Malleable Mimic Voodoo Doll from the Sims 3 Store). Your young wizard has stumbled upon the sinister store in Knockturn alley, might as well buy a trinket while you are here. Enjoy influencing the actions of sims around you.
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 12:01 AM
This is awesome! It's really well done btw. Definitely going to give it a try
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 1:34 AM
good job on the concept.... just like in the film/book..

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 12:22 AM
This looks amazing and really well thought out! Nice to meet another book fan by the way :-D
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 7:39 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I love this!
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 3:14 AM
This challenge looks great, but I don't feel like building my own Hogwarts, and I can only find adaptations of Hogwarts with custom content. Does anyone have any custom content free versions?
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DemonSpawn666
This challenge looks great, but I don't feel like building my own Hogwarts, and I can only find adaptations of Hogwarts with custom content. Does anyone have any custom content free versions?

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=9119824

This one works great! It has no CC, and is only base game and Supernatural. The world was left small enough that it runs great even on my laptop but has everything I want/need to play with my sims at Hogwarts.