Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 3:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My Sim swims everywhere!
I have this young couple who started out in a trailer with their Doberman, Conan. They got great careers, made a load of money and so I moved them all into a shmancy house on the beach. Of course, it wouldn't be shmancy enough if there weren't also a pool! So I built them a pool and used one of those lovely Lagoon pool overlays. At first I thought the built-in stairs (that come with the pool overlay) would work to get them out of the pool, so I didn't have a ladder. Then it became clear that the stairs were more decorative than anything, so I quickly plunked in a pool ladder when I realized the guy was going to be late for work. He just bobbed around, waving and hollering, and didn't even attempt to use the ladder. So I grabbed him by the head and hauled him out myself. (moveobjects cheat was on, obviously) He sank up to his neck in the front lawn and continued swimming. Now he swims everywhere! From the kitchen to the bathroom, all over the property, etc.

Later in dawned on me that I'd put the ladder in backwards (!!?) and that's why he wouldn't/couldn't use it. I don't think the pool overlay caused any problem because I've used them before and never had a problem. I think me using the cheat to get him out of there might have done it, but I don't even care. I just want him to knock it off! I wouldn't even mind so much if he didn't already have ten body points, but he does so all this swimming is kind of a waste.

This happened to me before when I made a swimmable pond and didn't have the land around the pond raised by a click, but that was ages ago and if I ever fixed it I don't remember how. What do I do?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 2:24 PM
Have you tried resetting him? Turn debug mode on ("boolProp testingcheatsenabled true") and then Shift + Click, and go through the Pie Menu until you find "Force Error." Click "Reset."

If that doesn't work, the last time I had this issue, I deleted the sim with moveobjects and reloaded the lot.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Forum Resident
#3 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 5:32 PM
Put him back in the pool, have him climb out the normal way. That should fix him.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 8:42 PM
@Ovenhole, Yep I tried that. No luck!
@CrystalFlame360 - Okay, I'll give those a whirl!
Thanks for your responses. I always get the best help when I come to this site!