Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#16601 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 9:24 PM Last edited by TheRealmOfRohan : 22nd Apr 2020 at 6:11 PM.
Thank you guys for all that! I've started it now, and this format really is so much easier.

The Peregrinations of the Peregrines have now begun!

Chapter 1.1 - A New Beginning

EDIT: Chapter 2 is now up! Chapter 1.2 - The Best Medicine
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#16602 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 8:38 PM
All aboard the updates train: Lawful Chaotic 2.8: Show of Strength
Test Subject
#16603 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 12:54 AM
Another chapter 1.3 Expanding the Town
Scholar
#16604 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 10:45 AM
Field Researcher
#16605 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 10:59 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 25th Apr 2020 at 11:41 AM.
(Obligatory choo choo!)

I was surprised about who it was also.

1.38b Hormones Activate - Jyoti

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Test Subject
#16606 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 7:47 PM
HOLY CRAP I'M BACK

I'm so sorry! It has been an absolute madhouse at work, so finding the time to sit and play has been tricky.

I WILL get something done soon, I promise!
Scholar
Original Poster
#16607 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 9:39 PM
Keeping my AP legacy alive with a short update: Quills RLC 2.2 Offer a Toast
Test Subject
#16608 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 4:30 PM
I am working on my new legacy! It's going to take a while for the first few chapters to emerge, because I am doing a lot of World Adventures stuff which always lags like hell xD
Lab Assistant
#16609 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 2:37 AM
I have another chapter of the Peregrines (or Peregrine, as it is so far)! But not enough brainpower to put a joke here, which goes with the theme of the chapter.

Chapter 1.3 - Missed Opportunities
Test Subject
#16610 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 8:11 PM
I am back!

With a new legacy fresh from the production line: Chapter 1.1 - Meet Alexa
Scholar
Original Poster
#16611 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 5:43 PM
Scholar
#16612 Old 2nd May 2020 at 9:49 AM
Test Subject
#16613 Old 2nd May 2020 at 10:46 PM
Phew! I'm back with a new chapter: Chapter 1.2 - Photobombing Toddler
Field Researcher
#16614 Old 3rd May 2020 at 4:04 AM
No new update yet- I've been playing too much lol (and writing updates that are 10k pictures in the future, my bad- but those are the ones that had me stumped and also the next update will probably be difficult for me to make sense of. Ugh).

Random question though- which job roll can have a sim sell their sculptures? I thought it was Architectural Designer but I don't recall. Also I kind of want to have a weird job roll too, where the job is to stalk famous people (get access to their lifestyle- clubs etc), write about them, and sell pictures of them? Like a non-npc paparazzi role. Any thoughts about that? I don't think the roller can be customized, right?

We've also talked about this one before, but I'd like to weight the farmer roll so that I could choose sub-jobs (such as doomsday prepper-canner, baker or bakery owner, that sort of thing) and have them each get an equal weight.
Also I'd kind of like a limited role where the heir can only make money off of a home business or separate hangout lot? That person could run a restaurant, petshop, library, who cares?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Scholar
Original Poster
#16615 Old 3rd May 2020 at 6:44 AM
Glad you're back to enjoying the game! Let's see about those questions...

Sculptures can be sold by artists. ("40) Artist – Paint or sculpt (or both!) and sell the finished products. If you have the University Life expansion, an artist sim may also keep tips from Street Art.")

Player character paparazzi might be a fun take on the Photographer career. ("43) Photographer – Sell photos you take.")

As for canning and bakery, those are both store content, and we don't give store content its own rolls.

Making money off of a home business or separate hangout lot sounds a lot like income exemption #4 ("you may invest in rabbithole businesses and other venues for income [including restaurants built with the Premium Content bistro set, but excluding the resorts from Island Paradise]"). If we added it as its own career roll, we'd have to take the ability to invest in properties away from every sim who didn't roll that... meaning we'd have to take Property Mogul out of the Generation Goals section. Notice the Island Paradise resorts are forbidden unless you've rolled Resort Owner ("54) Resort Owner - Make money from resorts. [Island Paradise]").

So really you could roll anything (including unemployed) and slack on that job while making money from various properties, if you're so inclined to play a sim like that.

Hope that helps!
Field Researcher
#16616 Old 3rd May 2020 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
Glad you're back to enjoying the game! Let's see about those questions...

Player character paparazzi might be a fun take on the Photographer career. ("43) Photographer – Sell photos you take.")

Making money off of a home business or separate hangout lot sounds a lot like income exemption #4 ("you may invest in rabbithole businesses and other venues for income. '...'

So really you could roll anything (including unemployed) and slack on that job while making money from various properties, if you're so inclined to play a sim like that.

Hope that helps!

See I was thinking the paparazzi job could sell anything related to the famous sim (or family/ love interest of) and make all their money off of them only. For example, photos taken of them, portraits painted of them, articles or biographies written about them, things stolen off their home, lot, money or food mooched etc etc. I have no idea how it would pan out in an actual game (and I don't think I rolled any of these careers anyways lol), but it sounds like a fun, if not more advanced challenge. To write a biography you have to have a high writing skill but not write other books. Maybe I could use it as a misc fun, but then it makes money, so... I wish it didn't seem so problematic. The portraits are the same, you'd need a high skill level. (I wonder if any of this fits into 'my precious' lol). But if it's a sim that's not allowed in the house, then stealing their memorabilia, taking portraits, etc, would require a high relationship with that sim.

I think I'm just going to need to use a dice roller to add the other weights I want (so that things like farmer occurs 3x and I can have 3 separate job rolls for it, similar thought with the additional store content items or lots).

I have the savvy seller & savvier seller's mods collection and it's fun if done right but there's no basis for it in the challenge, even if the storytelling potential seems really good. I'd love to have a bookworm sim sink all their time and money into a private library lot that is their business, without having to go own others or just have a partnership, which is super boring and feels cheaty as there's no effort involved on the player's part.

Scholar
Original Poster
#16617 Old 5th May 2020 at 5:48 PM Last edited by NutsAndDolts : 5th May 2020 at 8:25 PM.
Paparazzi don't do all those things in the real world, so I think such a roll would add too much confusion to the RLC. It would really be an odd one out with the career rolls.

It could make for its own celebrity themed challenge, though? You might want to play test the idea before settling on your rules, but it has potential.

Today's offering: Lawful Chaotic 2.10: Not Real Things
Field Researcher
#16618 Old 7th May 2020 at 4:10 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 7th May 2020 at 5:03 AM.
Well here goes nothing. Anybody who'd like to get on the roller coaster that is the next generation of the Sparrows can start here- with the beginning of the line;

1.39 Dreamscape
It's a bit of a wait to ride the full ride as Jyo still has some things to go through before taking over, but I've effectively written ahead quite a bit now so as soon as I have the time to slap the appropriate screenshots on things there should be a decent pace in updates. Don't quote me on that, but with 6.5/10 of the key updates (ie, the ones that stumped me for the last year) written and essentially her generation is all decided direction-wise so I'm hoping to have a lot for you all to read. Comments are appreciated as always, and apologies in advance- you'll know when you get there (not this update).

Here's the next one, it's quick.
1.40 Poolside Pyromania
Screenshots

Test Subject
#16619 Old 8th May 2020 at 9:01 PM
I'm sorry for such a short chapter! I had a bit of a meltdown earlier on in the week and had to take a break.

Chapter 1.3 - The Family Is Growing
Scholar
#16620 Old 9th May 2020 at 10:08 AM
Scholar
Original Poster
#16621 Old 10th May 2020 at 12:32 AM
Test Subject
#16622 Old 15th May 2020 at 1:47 PM
*kicks down door*

I have a new chapter, fresh off the production line: Chapter 1.4 - Birthday Spam

Hopefully, once the Gen Two spawn are all teenagers, the legacy can really start to pick up the pace.
Scholar
#16623 Old 16th May 2020 at 9:39 AM
Field Researcher
#16624 Old 16th May 2020 at 1:39 PM
*Falls out of a ceiling tile* LOL

In which Malcolm has such bad luck that he screws things up for even Jyo's dream date.
1.41 Bad Luck Tavern and the Monkey's Paw Boyfriend

Also I'm loving seeing everyone's updates lately!

Scholar
Original Poster
#16625 Old 17th May 2020 at 12:18 AM
This week I have actually been playing my Goldbeards save, instead of doing productive things with my life. I also had some updates written already for my other blogs, so, enjoy those too.

Goldbeard RLC Chapter 149: The End of Entropy

Quills RLC 2.3 Next Level Stuff

Lawful Chaotic 2.12 That Liquid Courage
Page 665 of 676