Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CC Magic -- Custom Content Management and Game Launcher [Updated 07/15/2012 ] WORKS WITH Supernatural!!!

by granthes Posted 26th Nov 2011 at 7:37 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:51 PM by Nysha

879 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 637 Feedback Posts, 241 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 36
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 4:22 AM
here are the last lines.
2011-11-28 12:20:24Z| Info | [S3ToolKit.Utils.Registry.InstalledGameEntry] -- GetIsGame()
2011-11-28 12:20:24Z| Info | [S3ToolKit.Utils.Registry.InstalledGameEntry] -- GetIsGame()
2011-11-28 12:20:25Z| Debug | [CCMagic.Core.LaunchManager] -- GetEnabledSetsList
2011-11-28 12:20:25Z| Debug | [CCMagic.MainWindow] -- Window Rendered
2011-11-28 12:20:25Z| Debug | [CCMagic.Core.LaunchManager] -- Run - Initial
2011-11-28 12:20:26Z| Fatal | [CCMagic.App] -- Unhandled ExceptionSystem.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
File name: 'System.Data.SQLite.dll'
at CCMagic.Core.Database.DBManager.Open(String BaseFoldername)
at CCMagic.Core.LaunchManager.Run(Boolean IsRefresh)
at CCMagic.MainWindow.Window_ContentRendered(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Window.OnContentRendered(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Window.<PostContentRendered>b__4(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

thanks for keeping up with me... loads of help.
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#52 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 4:38 AM
doogzman, sounds like you're missing the C++ runtime. See this post for the fix: http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/in...opic,844.0.html .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 5:15 AM
ok will do. thanks srikandi. i will try it out.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 1:40 PM
for those of us who are having trouble because of the collections, if we temporarily removed our collections from the folder, would Magic work?
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 4:31 PM
I have been waiting for something like this for so long!

I'm wondering though...how does this affect CC already used in the game? If we merge files does it break a saved game? Or will they be replaced with EA furniture? Or will it work the same after the CC has been merged?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 5:33 PM
INCREDIBLE!!!
Have no words!
Test Subject
#57 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 5:35 PM
How do I completely uninstall this? I had the Custom Launcher V2 Build 2661. I keep searching for the file to uninstall it via Revo, and my comp finds nothing. I deleted all folders and the "Collections" keep showing back up in My Documents\Electronic Arts folder. I am trying to do a clean install of my game before installing CC Magic.
Test Subject
#58 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 6:14 PM
thanks for this tool but I'm having a problem after i installed this i added some new mods but they aren't showing up in game. Help!!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#59 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vgbookworm
for those of us who are having trouble because of the collections, if we temporarily removed our collections from the folder, would Magic work?

Exactly. Just go into the <documents>\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Collections\Users folder and move those files to a different location and CC Magic will run.

I expect to have an update sometime in the next 3 or 4 days that fixes this issue. Once that happens, you will be able to put those files back in place.

Quote: Originally posted by forever_dark
I have been waiting for something like this for so long!

I'm wondering though...how does this affect CC already used in the game? If we merge files does it break a saved game? Or will they be replaced with EA furniture? Or will it work the same after the CC has been merged?

The game won't be able to see any difference in the CC between the old style and the merged packages that CC Magic uses. If it does see a difference, take a look at my response to modmon below. There is a bug that might be causing issues.

Quote: Originally posted by ehoney7
How do I completely uninstall this? I had the Custom Launcher V2 Build 2661. I keep searching for the file to uninstall it via Revo, and my comp finds nothing. I deleted all folders and the "Collections" keep showing back up in My Documents\Electronic Arts folder. I am trying to do a clean install of my game before installing CC Magic.

To completely remove the data from Custom Lancher V2 2661, you can remove the folder <documents>\Electronic Arts\Custom Launcher. CC Magic uses the folder <documents>\Electronic Arts\CC Magic. Each time you run either V2 or CC Magic, it will re-create the appropriate folder set. And CC Magic will upgrade the settings from V2 the first time you run it. The beta versions of Custom Launcher V2 didn't get installed, so just removing the folder you unzipped into is enough. CC Magic has an uninstall program that you can run.

Hope this answers the question you were asking.

Quote: Originally posted by modmon
Thanks for this tool but I'm having a problem after i installed this i added some new mods but they aren't showing up in game. Help!!!

There is an issue that was brought to my attention just in the past day or so... It seems that when new items are added to CC Magic, it doesn't mark the Default set as needing to be rebuilt.

To get new items to show up, the easiest way is to highlight the Default set, and click the enabled checkbox on one of the items twice. Once to disable, and then a second time to enable it. This marks the set as needing rebuilt. Hit the rebuild button (or play) and it should install the files into the game for you.

This issue will also be addressed in the update planned for later in the week.

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Test Subject
#60 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 7:03 PM
This is amazing! But I got 2 problems... First when the CC Magic program is started, I cant close it again? And the second, I have read the hole manual several times, also the help-menu, but I cant figure out how I import the files? The Enable, disable and delete button are grayed out?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 7:20 PM
Thank you so much for putting your time and effort into creating this!
I am beyond excited to try this (: I have so many CC that I want to clean out but I had no way of knowing which files to delete and I've been meaning to merge my files for the longest time.
Test Subject
#62 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 10:57 PM
There are so many programs for Windows, and none for Mac :-(
Test Subject
#63 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Nope! you'll need something else for that.

Nope, sorry... Grant's using Windows-only libraries. (Unless, of course, you use one of the solutions that lets you run Windows apps on your Mac; there's some info on that in our OSX forums under Help.)

Is there any program for us Mac users? I haven't been able to find any yet. Boo!
Instructor
Original Poster
#64 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bostonflower
Is there any program for us Mac users? I haven't been able to find any yet. Boo!

Unfortunately, to write software for a Mac, you have to own a Mac. And I can't afford one.

I wish there was a way to get this running for you.

Test Subject
#65 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 3:47 AM
Thanks so much for answering granthes. Unfortunately, now, even though I deleted the folder, every time I start the launcher or the game, the "Collections" folder and the "SavedOutfits" folder still shows up on my comp.
Instructor
Original Poster
#66 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ehoney7
Thanks so much for answering granthes. Unfortunately, now, even though I deleted the folder, every time I start the launcher or the game, the "Collections" folder and the "SavedOutfits" folder still shows up on my comp.

The collections folder will be created by the game every time you run it. And I've never noticed SavedOutfits before... But it looks like it is created by the game as well.

As long as these contain only the files created by the game, you should have no problem using CC Magic.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 6:02 AM
I love this program, Im still getting use to using it and find it great in orginizing all my cc stuff and getting rid of stuff I no longer want. Thanks for the hard work on this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 1:25 AM
Okay thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 1:26 AM
:-) Great program you've developed here!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 6:36 AM Last edited by forever_dark : 30th Nov 2011 at 7:44 AM.
I am having an issue with patterns causing the "materializing materials" but I can deal with it until the update (:

The big issue I'm having is that I can't get it to launch the game through 3booter.exe (I'm using that as my fps limiter). Is there another fps limiter someone can recommend?

A weird issue I had was...I loaded a saved game that was in an EA-created Appaloosa Plains house and it said "some objects could not be loaded and have been replaced" but I hadn't edited that house at all so there was no CC in it. What does that mean?
Test Subject
#71 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 9:33 PM Last edited by Ninja5701 : 30th Nov 2011 at 9:51 PM.
I guess CCMagic didnt work for me. I sorted everything, but my game still lags about the same

Edit: Never mind i read a couple of other posts on your website and its running suuuper faster now Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 4:18 AM
In Sims 3 I am getting an error that only happens on the all screen of installed content. When I start the game I click on the slider, this error comes up then windows closes the game down. The installed content is not rotating on any of it so I am unable to delete anything other than what is on the screen now. The error is:

Microsoft Virtual C ++ runtime

runtime error

R6025

pure virtual function call.

I installed this mod and when it didn't work I uninstalled it now I have this issue.

Anyone got a fix? Any help appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#73 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 4:58 AM
Hey, How awesome is this Thanks Granthes.
So in my little play I discovered that, I now lost some windows lol somewhere.
It does not take, cas stuff, fences or Armis chimney recolours. Patterns, although other poeple have already mentioned that. and I don't know what else yet Soon to be explored.
Thanks for again. This tool is epic.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 9:15 PM Last edited by blythelyre : 3rd Dec 2011 at 9:19 PM. Reason: I found them!
Thank you for this. It's excellent.
Test Subject
#75 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 1:08 AM
I would really like to use this program, I installed it using the installer,
but when I launch it it flashes whatever there is to see and then it says CC magic stopped working
Page 3 of 36