Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 260 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2021 at 6:05 PM
Cars using bridge above the road?
Sooo... Hello, wonderful world creators for the sims 3! I have recently tested the roads and bridge for my world in progress. For some odd reason every time my sim uses the road under the bridge instead of the car just using the road it will go over the bridge above... Makes no sense and I don't know where that is coming from. When I test the bridge itself from above it works just fine. Please help!

Here is a video -
https://17masso.tumblr.com/post/650...-this-happening
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd May 2021 at 6:38 PM
You cannot stack roads and sidewalks in Sims 3 worlds. Sims and cars will always use the top layer of them.
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd May 2021 at 8:04 PM
I agree with Norn, some time ago HP was trying to get this to work, but cars would leap up from the bottom road to the bridge and back again.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#4 Old 3rd May 2021 at 9:55 PM
I did see a mod some time ago but still haven't tried to use it yet about an overpass which I posted about here.

Not sure if this would allow cars not to jump up to higher level though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd May 2021 at 10:15 PM Last edited by isisj12 : 3rd May 2021 at 11:04 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
I agree with Norn, some time ago HP was trying to get this to work, but cars would leap up from the bottom road to the bridge and back again.

Well, that's disappointing... I went back into caw and worked around it. Sims just won't be able to go beneath the bridge. I made that little area non-routable for sims.

Here is a picture -
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...jFOQ1gwZGhaTzJn
Theorist
#6 Old 4th May 2021 at 3:32 AM
I did a world back when with a road under a bridge. It does not bother me that it does the little blip. I just know it does it. When I play I am not focused on that spot. If there is some Sims magic there going on there, it is fine with me. I needed/wanted both the road and bridge, so left both alone.
Scholar
#7 Old 4th May 2021 at 7:36 AM
@fascisthater As it is a functional bridge and a functional road the outcome would be exactly the same. The comment refers to the functionality of the bridge.
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th May 2021 at 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isisj12
Well, that's disappointing... I went back into caw and worked around it. Sims just won't be able to go beneath the bridge. I made that little area non-routable for sims.
As long as you have the rest of the routing set up correctly, it shouldn't matter too much; in my tests I could have the pedestrian and road traffic working okay, with just a visual jump as they blipped up to the top bridge and back. But they would carry on along the route okay. What I did find problematic was horses and other animals- they were forever getting stuck on bridges especially those with other roads beneath them. So try it out and see what works for you, it's a compromise between functionality and aesthetics I think. I don't know if HP ever finished her world or got it working better.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive