Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 10:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default skintones of enayla
Hello, I have a problem… , I was looking at my enayla skin tones, and yesterday I downloaded a pack of 49 and I see that there are many duplicates, but they are different in size and in MD5, which one is good?.. I don't think the creation date is very important, since the files are edited. For example, the ones in the batch are all from 2016, and I don't think those skins are from 2016... which one do I choose? Thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 11:01 PM
I'd think the ones with the original filename (without the (2) in the name) are the ones you'll want to keep - unless the one who uploaded the skins have edited them or some such.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 12:41 AM
the two, my system put them as they are two equal files, any other data that can differentiate?
If I open the files they are simpe, where should I look for the creation date? there if I could know, if that exists, of course
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 1:02 AM
If you open them in SimPE, see if the files with the same names have the same number in front of the textures (TXTRs). If they do, it's the same file but with a different time stamp.

I'm guessing since it's a Sims2Pack that it's just a duplicate file someone had for some reason installed in their game back in 2016. WIndows 7 (and earlier) would, if you tried to save a file with an identical name, ask if you wanted to save a copy of the file, and add (1) or (2) behind to show it was a copy, depending on how many copies there were in that folder. I think this also would change the "date changed" of the file. Windows 10 no longer does that by default.

I can't look at a picture of the name of two files and tell you whether something is different between them internally. I'd have to actually check them in SimPE myself. I can maybe take a guess and say with the small amount that's different, it's possible the newer ones were compressed, but that's my best guess unless something else has been changed. If you see a "Directory of compression" (or some such) resource in the new but not the old file, that's likely. If both have one, it's still possible some were directly from Bodyshop, while the others were run through the Compressorizer (it doesn't remove a lot from direct Bodyshop files, not unless the textures have been edited in SimPE after Bodyshop).
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 8:25 AM
I have windows10 for many years and that makes it automatic, it asks me if I want, if not it doesn't copy the files, I don't know if that's what you mean, I opened 2 skin tones with SimPE and both have "Directory of compression ", I have left in the game the ones I downloaded from this page that someone installed it as you say in 2016, they are not sims2pack they are all .package files. You want me to upload these files or 2 or 3 to a host and you look at it for me I just don't know how to tell them apart...