Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"CounterCulture" Modular Kitchen Set *UPD 20mar08*

by MaryLou & Numenor Posted 24th Mar 2006 at 10:50 PM - Updated 20th Mar 2008 at 9:03 PM by MaryLou & Numenor : Fridge updated to FreeTime

248 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 244 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 10
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#176 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 5:02 PM
Default Thread Updated!
---------------------------------------------------------
NEWS AND UPDATES

28 OCT 2006 - UPDATED: GLOBAL MOD
This new version of the Global Mod extends to the Maxis counters a feature already existing in our custom counters: the large appliances installed under the counters will not show the metal sides.

The new Global Mod will hide the metal sides of the large appliances even if you mount them under Maxis counters.
Only exception: the Maxis dishwasher, when mounted under a Maxis counter, will show the back panel (not the sides).

On the other hands, our custom trash compactor and custom dishwasher will fit perfectly under any Maxis or custom counter, even without the Global Mod.

Please note that the Global Mod is optional, it is not needed for the CounterCulture custom set to work. The purpose of the Global Mod is to make the Maxis counters look better, and more consistent with our custom counters.

If you need to contact us, PM directly to "Numenor" or "MaryLou".

Please visit our sites: www.marylousims2.it and www.numenor-moddings.com
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#177 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 9:57 PM
NEWS AND UPDATES

06 NOV 2006 - UPDATED: "StripedWood" Recolours. Both the Horizontal and the Vertical "StripedWood" recolours have an improved texture that give a more natural look to your CounterCulture counters and Islands. Also, the "dirty" texture has been fixed in both recolours.
The updated recolours are included in the file "CounterCultureSet_Recolors.rar", downloadable from Post #1

Test Subject
#178 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 12:32 AM
I know this seems like a stupid question, but can I include this in lots I build and upload? Or are there going to be future updates? Just asking.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#179 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 1:43 AM
You can include these counters in your uploaded lots at these conditions:
1) The lot must be uploaded to a 100% free site (no Exchange!)
2) Credits to MaryLou and Numenor must be granted in the lot description
3) A link to this thread must be provided

As for the future updates, who knows? They are not planned for the near future, anyway.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#180 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 2:41 AM
So can I actally place the counters on the lot? Or do I include a pic of what it would look like and not really have the counters on the lot?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#181 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 8:53 AM
Yes, you can actually place the counters on the lot, not only the pictures. But be sure to meet all the required conditions when posting the lot, as stated in the main post and recalled by Numenor, above.

shiny!
retired moderator
#182 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 4:58 PM
I just used the Q-Xpress thing to download and install all files.. and now I realize maybe i shouldn't have done that.. Will that install the files that don't go into the downloads folder in the right place?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#183 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 6:04 PM
don't worry, the only file that doesn't go into the Downloads was NOT downloaded by the Q-Xpress (you see? there is no "Red Q" near that file).

But this means that you have to download and install it manually (anyway, it's just the "collection" file, i.e. no strictly required).

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

shiny!
retired moderator
#184 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 12:39 AM
Test Subject
#185 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 4:38 AM
I'm getting errors in WinRAR for the last 3 single items..the recolors, globalmod, and islands/counters. Help?
Field Researcher
#186 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zorsha
I'm getting errors in WinRAR for the last 3 single items..the recolors, globalmod, and islands/counters. Help?

Perhaps when you have downloaded the archives were corrupt.
Tray to re-download them. They work fine for me.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 7:32 AM
These are great Numenor!!... only one thing... I would like for the trims to be there too.... I like it without, but I don't want every sims kitchen counters not having trims/backs.

Sorry if for being a pain

Thanks

Rich
The ModFather
retired moderator
#188 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 4:40 PM
The counters with trims are the Maxis ones: you don't need a custom counter for that; you can easily mix our "no trim" counters and the Maxis "with trim" counters, using the multi-junction (that has a selectable trim)

Lab Assistant
#189 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
The counters with trims are the Maxis ones: you don't need a custom counter for that; you can easily mix our "no trim" counters and the Maxis "with trim" counters, using the multi-junction (that has a selectable trim)

I didn't know that, thank you Numenor
Forum Resident
#190 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 2:15 AM
The Sun recolor doesn't work correctly. It only appears on the trash compactor & dishwasher, the other item except maxis counters don't have the sun recolor, but when I click the sun recolor (top & bottom) on maxis counter, nothing happened, the color doesn't change.
Field Researcher
#191 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
The Sun recolor doesn't work correctly. It only appears on the trash compactor & dishwasher, the other item except maxis counters don't have the sun recolor, but when I click the sun recolor (top & bottom) on maxis counter, nothing happened, the color doesn't change.

I can't reproduce your problem. In may game the Sun recolors works fine with all the items, Maxis and ours.
Look at the screenshot.
I can only think that you, perhaps, have forgot to donwload the recolor of the counters......
There are 3 different Sun Recolor:
- MaryLou-Numenor_CCulture_Recolor_TrashCompactor_Sun.package ( recolor for the trash)
- MaryLou-Numenor_CCulture_Recolor_Dishwasher-Sun.package (recolor for the dishwahser)
- MaryLou-Numenor_CCulture_Recolor_Counter_Sun.package
This is the recolor for all the counters and the islands ( Maxis and ours) and all the other items.
This recolour is into the archive
CounterCultureSet_Recolors.rar that you can find at top post.
Screenshots

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Forum Resident
#192 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 2:43 AM
Maybe, I will try to download all the recolor now. Thanks, MaryLou.
Forum Resident
#193 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 3:09 AM
Okay, I already downloaded the file. But now I have another question.

You said that are 3 recolor files:
MaryLou-Numenor_CCulture_Recolor_TrashCompactor_Sun.package ( recolor for the trash)
- MaryLou-Numenor_CCulture_Recolor_Dishwasher-Sun.package (recolor for the dishwahser)
MaryLou-Numenor_CCulture_Recolor_Counter_Sun.package

I only got one file for counter recolor. Where are the other two files for the trashcompactor and the dishwasher?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#194 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 9:38 AM Last edited by MaryLou & Numenor : 6th Feb 2007 at 9:56 AM.
Good question... *Where are* those recolours?! Ehm... (*MaryLou & Numenor rush browsing the million files in their folders, puzzled* )

EDIT: Found them! Read next post!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#195 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 9:55 AM
Default Thread Update!
06 FEB 2007 - UPDATED: "Sun" Recolour. Now the Sun recolour is available for the trash compactor and the dishwasher, too. The added recolour packages are included in the file "CounterCultureSet_Recolors.rar", downloadable from Post #1

Please redownload the "CounterCultureSet_Recolors.rar" in order to get the new recolour packages.

Forum Resident
#196 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 2:32 AM
Thanks, Numenor & MaryLou for the files.
Forum Resident
#197 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 2:27 AM
The recolor work now. New problem, the trashcompactor and the dishwasher are not buyable in community lot, except in Wholesale Mode. They are not even there, like I don't have the objects in download folder. The other trashcompactor and dishwasher from Modular Kitchen Set (Chez Moi and WayColinary) are okay.
Test Subject
#198 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 11:23 AM
Thak you so much! I loved the "odd sign" :D
Forum Resident
#199 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 5:11 PM
too bad your additional code makes them hard to seasons-ize...
The ModFather
retired moderator
#200 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 1:26 AM
lol! What you mean, exactly?

Page 8 of 10