Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"You're not leaving the house dressed like that, young lady!" - Female Modesty Set (Base Game)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 25th Sep 2008 at 6:56 PM

352 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 308 Feedback Posts, 43 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 15
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#126 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 3:56 PM
Skillet4me07 - Just as an update, I looked at that mesh in detail in that area and I can't see any reason for a seam there. Normally that would be caused by a mismatch in bone assignments, but the bone assignments in that area all match up just fine. It -could- be a graphics glitch - overstressed graphics cards have been known to show seams/holes in certain areas on an otherwise okay mesh. It happens most often on hair meshes around the hairline for some strange reason, but it could happen on clothing too.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:06 PM
One of the first thing my teen granddaughter and I did was do some alpha channel changing to cover up her teen Sims better. We didn't always produce anything sharable but she was very relieved to have some "decent" duds for her teens. I'm so glad that someone with the needed talent has taken on this project. Better late than never. Maybe now I can use some"Maxis" clothing, have avoided it pretty much til now for these obvious reasons...how many bare bellies can you stand and the low riding pants were just awful....Carpenters crack on everyone, spackle that baby right up!
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:16 PM
Being a teen myself, I don't mind short skirts and newfangled fashons too much, to a point.

But I dress pretty modest, and I hate that a lot of my teen townies looked like an angry washing machine threw up shrunken, skanky clothes all over them. (I especially hated those shorts with the red fishnets.) Now my sims can wear a regular t-shirt without their bellies hanging out. xP

Kudos. :D
Scholar
#129 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:26 PM
I love the title, and the commentaries about what drove you to rework them were funny as hell!
Thanks HP! You rock!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Test Subject
#130 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:36 PM
Ok. Thanks HystericalParoxsym, I'll look into that and maybe tamper with stuff.
Site Helper
#131 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:46 PM
This is wonderful. Something that I've wanted for a long time. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#132 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:56 PM
I've never been an especially modest person. I like showing off my cleavage, or my shoulders. I own a short skirt. I'm not religious, or a mom.

But bellies out on every outfit, that was bothersome. And further, everyone should cover up once in a while. Thank you for the awesome edits. Having my teen sims running around looking like hoochies was annoying.
Forum Resident
#133 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 5:06 PM
Wow, you put so much work in these! Thanks a bunch.
Test Subject
#134 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 5:16 PM
Thanks a bunch HP!
I always despised the belly-buttons always being exposed. Well, it's realistic. )
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 5:26 PM
THANK YOU, HP!
I am a mom, too and my 11yo daughter likes to make sims! The original maxis stuff is as bad an influence as we once thought of Barbie!
I've recently gone on a cc diet but have really hated the maxis stuff; now I can use it! What great timing!
Thank you for all your time and hard work, and for taking the time to share these!
Test Subject
#136 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 5:36 PM
These are great! I hated always making my teen girls look like little sluts.

P E A C HH I N A

"I object! That was... objectionable!"
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 5:46 PM
Oh my stars! You read minds! At least you read mine! I have started to download the files you tweaked and can't thank you enough for doing it!!! I so agree about the one shoulder thing. Because I have dial up it may take me a bit to get all of them, but get them I will. I am an old woman and there were so many maxis items that I just wouldn't use, now you have made me look forward to clothes again! You truely are a very unique part of my universe and again I thank you for sharing your talent.

You can help feed the hungry! For free! Visit,
Forum Resident
#138 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 5:56 PM
Can I have some non-defaults? I've got lots of pasta for you to eat!

No, I'm just kidding. Thanks so much for these, HP, I really like the halter top the most. And yeah, I have some very shy and modest teen sims, and midriffs don't match their personalities. So thaks very much!

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Test Subject
#139 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 6:06 PM
Thank you! These really are a lot cuter than the originals!
Test Subject
#140 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 6:16 PM
Hey, if you do the Nightlife EP, please make the raver outfit usable!

Anyway, I loved this and I loved the Apartment Life ones. Now my sims dont look skimpy in those outfits.

You made my day.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#141 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 6:26 PM
BritneyBri - I don't think there's any hope for that fugly mess of an outfit. I was planning on doing hiders for it and the male one. I hate those outfits and I don't think they're salveageable in any way.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#142 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 6:36 PM Last edited by KSkywalker : 5th Oct 2008 at 7:07 AM. Reason: typo
Thank You!! I'll finally be able to use some of those Maxis clothing!

P.S. Reguarding your avatar.....I don't recall Picard ever giving anyone "The Finger" , was that from an outtake?
Test Subject
#143 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 6:46 PM
Just when I was trying to cut back on the downloads. *sighs* Oh well.

At least my teen girls won't be jailbait anymore.

Wibblely-wobblely, timey-wimey.
Test Subject
#144 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 6:56 PM
Default modesty replacements
These are really great seeing that I don't know how to remove offending outfit from my game. I am the mother of a teen and she has the oddest dress sense. In this day and age you cant have them going out looking slutty no matter how innocently meant. When she got the game first the first thing she did was populate it with hundreds of teen simmies in inappropriate outfits to annoy me! I am going to install the defaults just to return the compliment. I know it is rediculous to get so protective over my little pixelated dollies but I would like to preserve their innocence! You are welcome to come and eat all my pasta anytime.
Thanks again
Gillian

Come to dark side..... We have cookies
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 7:06 PM
At first, I thought I'd never download this; I love some of the skin. But some of them look so much better with your edits. And my sister, who is young and prude, hated like all of the skimpy outfits. Thanks a million!
Test Subject
#146 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 5:05 PM
awsome job on these!

Where ever you go there you are
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 11:08 PM
Thanks so much for this! I readily admit to being a prude, and have always hated the clothing Maxis made for teenage girls.
Test Subject
#148 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 2:13 AM
A million internets to you!! Awesome effort.
Test Subject
#149 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 4:58 AM
THANK YOU HP!!! god i hate a lot of the maxis cloths 'cause they show off to much skin..now i can use more of the maxis stuff, alo got you Ap one...yeah!! hope to see more since there are so many tummy showing stuff in the other eps... now if only i could find default goth but not slutty recolors.....
most of my sims dress like i do and i only own like 4 shirts that aren't black, and three blue jeans every thing else is black jeans..heheeh i like dark colors, just suck at recolors and have no clue how to make defaults or i'd do it..not that you all care.....

but yeah THANKS!!!!

"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intoleraby stupid." - Jane Austen (1775-1817) Northanger Abbey
Test Subject
#150 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 8:09 PM
Wow, thank you. Lots of this is really useful for me.
*Also, LOL-ed a little bit about "now they can dress as real people" because here where I live summer uniform for girls from 14 to 54 is something with showing belly, preferably with short skirt or very low pants and bra is often not necessary, too... and it's not too hot here, on the north-west of Russia, you know. Oh, and make-up is a must even if you go to the nearby store to buy a packet of milk!*
Page 6 of 15