Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#176 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 6:11 PM
I can't recall if Shimrod uploaded them here or not, some of his stuff is here and all of it is on Sims Asylum.
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-medieval-mods/.
You need to have an account there to even see the downloads though.

I think maybe I didn't upload the nightdress because I didn't think anyone would want it. I'll check out the version I have installed, and if you want it I'll upload it here.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 8:26 PM Last edited by GoldenEffigy : 31st Aug 2015 at 1:13 AM.
OK thank you for the info of the website and I joined the website I found certain content that I was looking for beyond my thoughts in most areas where I thought the game itself was lacking and reinstated some old parts of the game prior to P&N.

He had some things I was looking for at least. Unfortunately there was no constable outfit and the headwear was only made for female sims of which I wanted to freely use it on my male sims.

Probably the reason but there are some including myself that would like it.

I found an image of the sleep headwear I was talking about that I would like to use on my heroes and NPCs outside of sleepwear.

I am happy I found an image that gives a rough idea of the sleepwear headwear.

Anyway I give a special thanks to you and Shimrod for the custom content for The Sims Medieval.
Scholar
Original Poster
#178 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 12:03 PM
The constable outfit and helm is included in the rogue outfit unlocked download.
It was Enjoji that unlocked the helms for males. They're in this forum somewhere.

I have both the female nightgowns installed, they're both included in the one package. They each have 1 channel, so if you don't have patterns in cas they'll probably get boring/samey quite quickly.
Here's 4 pics of each in solid colors and with patterns. The download comes with just the games standard colors as presets though.
(I recalled why they were never uploaded, I unlocked them with the intention of adding belts etc to them and never got round to it.)

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Forsaken_FApjsEnabledForCAS.zip (3.4 KB, 1070 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#179 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 4:11 AM
Hey Chickie thanks for all your help an also to everyone else on here that have been so helpful.I have downloaded outfits from here to my Medieval files along with a few other mods including a core mod. But I cant seem to get the outfits to be visible. I even did the disableclothingfilter cheat But I still dont see them. They are the Rar. file type are they supposed to go somewhere other than the packages folder with the other mods?? Please and Thank you for any help in this matter.
Test Subject
#180 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 7:26 AM
It sounds like you haven't taken the packages out of the rar. rar is like zip you need to extract it first.
Test Subject
#181 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pixsay
It sounds like you haven't taken the packages out of the rar. rar is like zip you need to extract it first.
Hmm ...OK lemme try that TY.
Test Subject
#182 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 3:29 AM
Default pixsay
OMG!!! ok,no wonder nothing was working. Definitely an IDtenT error. LOL You add in that equation and friggn anything is possible. I used to more computer savoy. But im still a novice at mods though. I will give this a shot Thank you sooooo much.
Field Researcher
#183 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
[CENTER]ArisCrossNecklaceDress
* Pattern at bottom of dress removed.

* Dinginess and pattern on insets retextured.

Chickie!!!!!!!!!!! I think you may have the answer to an age old desire of mine concerning the filthy clothing of TSMP&N. I have known about the re-texturing you did with this dress for a long time, but it suddenly hit me that this very thing you did with the dress will also "clean" the filthiness of the rest of the TSMP&N clothing!!!!
A while back I asked Grim Reefer about an option in his core that is called "Clean Outfit" or something close to that, thinking it may be referring to giving the disgustingly dirty and stained looking outfits a heavy scrubbing on some rock near the pond, or some unknown (to me) meaning that most modders know. But, as usual and has always been the case for me, he failed to reply, so I ended up with no answer or solution to my desire to clean the outfits of my sims.
I hate that the developers made every outfit have the attributes of an over-used scrub brush. I mean NONE of the clothing is finely made or clean. I think all of them have at least one hole in need of a patch, or else they have a patch on them by default!
Certainly kings and queens did not go around with their clothes ripped, and stained yet still calling it finery! I am thoroughly appalled by the condition and appearance of much of the clothing that would in general circumstances be considered as nice outfits. There is no call for the filth, especially.
Will you help me, My lady-ship-ed-ness?
I'll pay! LOL

I await your positive reply, your sweet-ed-ness,

always the best to you,

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 11:48 PM
Default Sorry about the resurection
They're broken. You'll need a mod.

I made a recipes mod that fixes the broken recipes including the Gastrobury ones. It also adds new recipes and harvestable items to plant spawners and some potions to the crafting tables and some rarer items to the shop, like arcane edge. I've had it running in my game for well over a year now, and have had no problems at all. You'd need to start a new kingdom for the Gastrobury ones to show up though, because of the way locks are read and stored first time you save. It also can't be used side by side with most any mod that alters the recipes or the shop, or the crafting tables,since they'll most likely use the same xmls. Moraelin's faster cook and longer spoil times mod are also included in this recipes mod. Also, if you wanted to uninstall the mod, you'd need to put all custom ingredients in to a larder or sell them at a shop before you uninstall the mod because of the way the inventories function.

Someone made a mod recently that puts the Gastrobury recipes in your game, but from what I recall, they're not fixes for Gastrobury, they've overwritten existing recipes to get them to show up, so they don't function as a reward for getting Gastrobury but are available all the time. This also means that you can get them in your current kingdom.

I'm just getting back into TSM after serveral years break and redownloading all mods from scratch. I noticed this post and was wondering if you've got the mod available for download somewhere - I looked through this thread a couple times and didn't see it. I'm always up for more variety in game and would love to have this.

Thanks.
Scholar
Original Poster
#185 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 8:49 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 18th Jan 2016 at 6:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LunyKimberly
I'm just getting back into TSM after serveral years break and redownloading all mods from scratch. I noticed this post and was wondering if you've got the mod available for download somewhere - I looked through this thread a couple times and didn't see it. I'm always up for more variety in game and would love to have this.

Thanks.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=500977
I appear to have forgotten to link to it at the start of this thread. (edit: I've linked to this now in the menu)
If you use it please read the uninstall instructions first.
Lab Assistant
#186 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 11:12 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=500977
I appear to have forgotten to link to it at the start of this thread. (edit: I've linked to this now in the menu)
If you use it please read the uninstall instructions first.

Thank you very much.
Test Subject
#187 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 11:28 PM
The mods work except for the no jealousy part of the mod.
Test Subject
#188 Old 18th May 2020 at 3:41 PM
The amount and types of sims who feel compelled to use the Monarch's bath is shocking.
The fact that the Monarch thinks nothing of getting into the dirty peasant water is disturbing.
Keep your Monarch squeaky clean and fresh with the 'plebs be gone bath'.

Hello, ChickieTeeta! Are you around? Can you tell me if this mod is only for the throne room bath? My Physician and I are sick and tired of that caretaker constantly bathing in her private room. She may be a doctor, but the only man she wants to see naked in her bedroom is her beefy blacksmith boyfriend Brand.
If I can't do anything else, I'll just remove the caretaker from my Physician's household.
Scholar
Original Poster
#189 Old 19th May 2020 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pxara
Hello, ChickieTeeta! Are you around? Can you tell me if this mod is only for the throne room bath? My Physician and I are sick and tired of that caretaker constantly bathing in her private room. She may be a doctor, but the only man she wants to see naked in her bedroom is her beefy blacksmith boyfriend Brand.
If I can't do anything else, I'll just remove the caretaker from my Physician's household.

As far as I can see from the package, I removed autonomy and locked it for the advisor and the servant who I think had special permissions even if the autonomy was removed.
It's been so long since I looked at these, I think the caretaker won't use it, but I also think your Blacksmith won't use it unless he's directed to. If you're controlling him that's simple enough, but if you're on your Doctor and have no direct control of the Blacksmith, you can always make him playable and then remove him again, which you can do using Grim's core.
Test Subject
#190 Old 29th May 2020 at 8:17 AM
As far as I can see from the package, I removed autonomy and locked it for the advisor and the servant who I think had special permissions even if the autonomy was removed.
It's been so long since I looked at these, I think the caretaker won't use it, but I also think your Blacksmith won't use it unless he's directed to. If you're controlling him that's simple enough, but if you're on your Doctor and have no direct control of the Blacksmith, you can always make him playable and then remove him again, which you can do using Grim's core.

Thank you for your answer. I'm not concerned with the Blacksmith. My problem is the caretaker constantly using the Physician's bathtub. But I'll take care of it.
I'll use your mod if the throne room NPCs get too annoying. Thank you
Scholar
Original Poster
#191 Old 29th May 2020 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pxara
Thank you for your answer. I'm not concerned with the Blacksmith. My problem is the caretaker constantly using the Physician's bathtub. But I'll take care of it.
I'll use your mod if the throne room NPCs get too annoying. Thank you

Sorry, I have a tendency to write my train of thought, so answers tend to get lost within it,.
The mod will do what you want it to do.
Autonomy was removed for everyone, which should stop the caretaker using the bath.

(I only mentioned the castle Npcs because there were special permissions for the advisor.
The removal of autonomy will also stop your blacksmith using the bath unless you actively direct them to use it)
Test Subject
#192 Old 31st May 2020 at 1:01 PM
Sorry, I have a tendency to write my train of thought, so answers tend to get lost within it,.
The mod will do what you want it to do.
Autonomy was removed for everyone, which should stop the caretaker using the bath.

(I only mentioned the castle Npcs because there were special permissions for the advisor.
The removal of autonomy will also stop your blacksmith using the bath unless you actively direct them to use it)

That's incredibly useful! Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 12th Feb 2022 at 10:00 PM
Thanks again for all your awesome cc over the years, Chickie! I'm going to make a little graveyard in the "dueling corner" outside the reception hall, since people constantly go there to try killing each other.
Really, the day someone figures out how to put a damn door there so they can save so much useless time going around, will be a blessed date indeed...

Thing is, I downloaded the well but I cannot seem to find it? I looked everywhere in buy mode, even trying the "show all" options because in my simming experience, some items only showed in general and not in specific categories. But nothing, it's not anywhere. The window and the three tombstones show up fine, but not the well O_O?
Scholar
Original Poster
#194 Old 13th Feb 2022 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leontinees
Thanks again for all your awesome cc over the years, Chickie! I'm going to make a little graveyard in the "dueling corner" outside the reception hall, since people constantly go there to try killing each other.
Really, the day someone figures out how to put a damn door there so they can save so much useless time going around, will be a blessed date indeed...

T

Thing is, I downloaded the well but I cannot seem to find it? I looked everywhere in buy mode, even trying the "show all" options because in my simming experience, some items only showed in general and not in specific categories. But nothing, it's not anywhere. The window and the three tombstones show up fine, but not the well O_O?

The well should be in "Sort by Collection / misc / domestic"

I thoroughly agree about the leaving to duel. It's so annoying. You can put a door in that wall, however the enter / leave through instruction is actually in the wall and not the door itself. When I removed the doors upstairs in the castle, they still came and went through the wall, which makes a kind of sense, since we can't "build", there was no reason to make the doors functional I guess. I assume the rest of the "doors" in the other buildings work the same way (or don't work as the case may be lol). Although I'm sure I've moved the arch in the throne room and they still go through the space the arch creates, maybe that arch is functional, or maybe I just don't recall correctly.
I was thinking maybe you could make that space unusable so they cancel instead of trying to go there, but I don't think I can build in that space. Can you access it to place objects there?

*EDIT* Oops I didn't mean to circle buy mode in the pic, I meant to circle sort by collection next to it. Let's just pretend that I did and that I'm not a complete idiot =D
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 4:05 PM Last edited by leontinees : 22nd Feb 2022 at 3:53 PM.
Ah, okay. I never use the collection filter, so I didn't try that Well is located now, thank you!

Yeah, back in the day I remember Xeny and I discussing the quirks of building mode, ha ha ha! I think I even have the conversation still archived.

The space outside the reception hall is usable to an extent. You can't go very far away, but there are some blocks of free space, as long as you don't outgrow the straight lines of the structure (I hope this makes sense what I'm trying to say?). In my recently started kingdom this is what I did, but the other smaller corner is "furnishable" too. Sadly, it doesn't stop sims going there to duel, they just fight a few steps sooner.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#196 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 9:48 AM
Ah, okay. I never use the collection filter, so I didn't try that Well is located now, thank you!

Yeah, back in the day I remember Xeny and I discussing the quirks of building mode, ha ha ha! I think I even have the conversation still archived.

The space outside the reception hall is usable to an extent. You can't go very far away, but there are some blocks of free space, as long as you don't outline the straight lines of the structure (I hope this makes sense what I'm trying to say?). In my recently started kingdom this is what I did, but the other smaller corner is "furnishable" too. Sadly, it doesn't stop sims going there to duel, they just fight a few steps sooner.

Oh I didn't think to look outside the kitchen part of the reception hall. I'll need to take another look next time I load the game. Sad that you can't stop them duelling there though.
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 6:52 PM
I don't think there's anything we could do about that. I guess that, technically, the space outside is the "closer" open space to where they are originally (inside), because it's been since the very first game that the mind of a sim apparently doesn't take into consideration the walking distance from A to B, they just make maths in a straight line. That's also why they don't simply stop outside the door to the throne room, which is already open space enough to let them duel .

p.s. Just a random unrelated comment here: I've found out that I can't screenshot the outfit gallery in CAS. With C key the outfits grid doesn't show, and using the Prnt key only shows a black screen...
Field Researcher
#198 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 8:24 PM
p.s. Just a random unrelated comment here: I've found out that I can't screenshot the outfit gallery in CAS. With C key the outfits grid doesn't show, and using the Prnt key only shows a black screen...

If you switch to a windowed mode instead of fullscreen, you should be able to use Prnt key without it getting dark. Might need to adjust the resolution though.
Scholar
Original Poster
#199 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 1:19 PM
I don't think there's anything we could do about that. I guess that, technically, the space outside is the "closer" open space to where they are originally (inside), because it's been since the very first game that the mind of a sim apparently doesn't take into consideration the walking distance from A to B, they just make maths in a straight line. That's also why they don't simply stop outside the door to the throne room, which is already open space enough to let them duel .

If you go into the options for video and mark the check box for "show user interface" it should capture the outfit panel as well (it covers screenshots as well as video). You can access the setting inside cas as well. I've added two pics, with and without the setting marked to check this is what you meant?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#200 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 7:16 PM
Yes, it worked! Thank you both, I tried the two solutions and I was able to shot the grid.

Also, Chickie, I should apologize for kinda shoving my playing troubles into your CC thread I assure you it wasn't my intention, it just came along! So also thanks for being so kind and understanding.
Page 8 of 9