Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Milk Bottle Apartment Door Model Changer

by leefish Posted 7th Dec 2008 at 12:55 AM - Updated 23rd Jul 2013 at 9:35 PM by leefish : Added clarification regarding deletion of bottle after use

103 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Zombie Socks
#2 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 1:02 AM
Absolutely brilliant! Thank you very much for this!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Forum Resident
#3 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 1:14 AM
Thanks for this super idea and the work on this object!
hexameter
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 1:34 AM
Wow, this is really clever and very much needed. Thankyou!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 2:20 AM
very, very useful! thank you!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 2:33 AM
Neat thanks for sharing
Forum Resident
#7 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 4:16 AM
Oh wow! This also bothered me. I was working on a mat, just like the one in the game, that you would put in front of the door and you would be able to make that door usable as an apartment door. But this looks better. Thanks!

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Scholar
#8 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 1:31 PM
This is me....dancing a dance of thanks! It has annoyed me from day one that apartment doors were limited!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 2:40 PM
Sweet. I was sick of the limitations put on apartment doors, and this is a cute and handy solution to that irritation.
Instructor
#10 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 2:53 PM
Wow. This is an amazing add to the game. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing with us.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 5:46 PM
THANK GOD!

BRILLIANT.

I've been wanting something like this since I installed the EP. THANK YOU :D

A S H L E Y // R E F L E C T S
latest projects: aura interiors second hand homes
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 5:51 PM
Genius
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 1:53 AM
I haven't had time to use it yet but I love how its a bottle of milk. So cute

Now Taking Requests for House's and Paintings! Downloads also at simbology.com
Field Researcher
#14 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 5:54 AM
This is just a brilliant idea!!! I even like the way the milk bottle just looks sitting outside the door. I just love that I can use some other doors for my apartments now. Thanks so much!

You can find some of my older houses HERE
Instructor
#15 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 4:01 PM
This is grrrrrreat.
Thank you soooooo much.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Dec 2008 at 9:21 AM Last edited by harry_tristan_harding : 9th Dec 2008 at 4:21 PM.
I have some good news for you leesester, This seem to work fine if you have ever EP and SP installed including M&G that just came out. Don't get the doors that came with M&G but thats to be expected given thats it was in the works before M&G. Nice Job :lovestruc

Your the

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 5:08 PM
Hi harry, thanks for the confirmation but I knew that - like I said in the post, you NEED Apartment Life and base game - if you choose one of the EP doors that are in the package without the EP installed then it will not work (I have all EPs and SPs myself) but only for just that EP. All the rest work no matter what.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#18 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 8:32 PM
I am so glad you made this. Thanks so much. It's wonderful

Rose Hill

I love this one the most
Dedication, Determination, Deliberation
Scholar
#19 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 1:23 AM
I had the same first response. I figured someone like you would come along and fix it, though!

If I have any problems I'll tell you.
Alchemist
#20 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 9:58 AM
Thanks so much for this love it!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Instructor
#21 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 5:10 PM
Once you've changed the apartment doors, can you delete the milk bottle? Will the changes stick?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 7:01 PM Last edited by leesester : 14th Dec 2008 at 7:27 PM.
Hi, yes, that is what it says in the post; you can delete the milk bottle and exit the lot and the changes stick. You can also UPLOAD the lot without the bottle - I don't use cleaninstaller, I just clear all CC I have not used in the lot out of my DL and package to file. I tested this, and the changes stayed, no bottle. You have to leave the doorclones of the doors you used, of course, just like any other CC, but not the bottle. My tester downloaded the lot from this site (I posted it on the creator feedback forum) and installed in their game and doors stayed changed without the bottle.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 7:46 PM
Quote:
My tester downloaded the lot from this site (I posted it on the creator feedback forum) and installed in their game and doors stayed changed without the bottle.

And had no problems moving family's in and getting them to rent as well. I also had NPC's show up at the lot and rent apartments too. Everything went pretty smoothly at lest for me and I can't wait to make my own lot and try the method myself with one of my own lots.

Field Researcher
#24 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 12:01 AM
freaking amazing!
:D

When the smoke clears, you can consider us even.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 9:23 PM
thank u 4 this Leesester Happy Holidays 2 u
Page 1 of 5