Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 3:03 AM Last edited by lovelydia101 : 30th Jun 2012 at 12:24 AM.
Default Simterior Design Competition

Concept
Welcome to The Simterior Design Competition where you can show off your skills at house design in The Sims 3. In this competition, you will have to create and design your own house but it's not that simple. You will be given a sim or sims to make it for. Every two weeks you will be given a sim (same sim for everyone) and will have to make the house according to their traits and a check list of colours and objects. The winner will be the highest scorer on their houses. There will be 4 rounds (not including the Application Round)

Qualifications to host
I participated in the Miss World Competition 2011.

Rules
There will be no eliminations.
All CC is alowed.
Entry has to be on time.
NO house stealing.
TS3 and TS2
All EPs and SPs allowed including store content.
No photo shop.

Requirements/Entry Format:
- Each round you will have to follow your sims traits and there check-list if not points will be deducted.
- There will be no budget.
- You will need to enter a birds eye view of the house and 3 pics of your favourite rooms please include an explanation on why you chose the rooms.
- Skill level should be casual gamer and up.

Judge Requirements
- Should be able to get there scores in around 48 hours.
- If you would like to judge, please let me know.

Timeline
Every round will go for 2 weeks. Extensions are allowed but please give a reasonable excuse on why you need the extension.
Clock
EST/Australia Brisbane

Contestants
Hencing R1 - R2 - R3 - R4
ladypieta R1 - R2 - R3 - R4
Perfectionist R1 - R2 - R3 - R4
QBUILDERZ R1 - R2 - R3 - R4
oliverstrahle R1- R2 - R3 - R4
noteardrops R1 - R2 - R3 - R4
Dramamine R1 - R2 - R3 - R4
EmmaBananana R1 - R2 - R3 - R4
MarlyMcMarMar R1 - R2 - R3 - R4

Judges
Shhh
adonispluto
Riptide651

Emergency Judges
clappyton
OPEN

Judging Parameters
Each of these will have a 10 out of 10 judging system.
House Design (Does it look good).
Interior Design (Is it well done and stylish).
Checklist (Has the contestant followed the checklist correctly).
Sim's Traits (Does this house portray the sim's traits).

Application
- A picture of a house you have designed yourself.
- A picture of a room you think will stand out and show off your skill.
- Please give me a quick answer of why you would like to enter.

The Application round will go till the 30th of June

Some people are like slinkies not good for much but give you a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Advertisement
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 3:04 AM
Contest Approved
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
#3 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 9:17 PM
I'll throw this out there, since it's been three days with no entries...

I would love to enter, but I mainly play and build in Sims 2. I have lots that I could enter on that side of the game, but I don't have anything for Sims 3. Perhaps if you expanded the contest to include both games, you could get some entries. I'm not seeing anything in the contest itself at the moment that would exclude TS2 players.

ETA: I see the part about building to the Sims' traits. I still don't see a reason why TS2 couldn't participate, knowing the traits to keep in mind.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 12:12 AM
Checking IN

Some people are like slinkies not good for much but give you a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
I'll throw this out there, since it's been three days with no entries...

I would love to enter, but I mainly play and build in Sims 2. I have lots that I could enter on that side of the game, but I don't have anything for Sims 3. Perhaps if you expanded the contest to include both games, you could get some entries. I'm not seeing anything in the contest itself at the moment that would exclude TS2 players.

ETA: I see the part about building to the Sims' traits. I still don't see a reason why TS2 couldn't participate, knowing the traits to keep in mind.

Alright i'll do that

Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 2:20 AM
Sorry, apparently I'm a keener.

When you say "designed yourself", are you meaning floor plan and all?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
Sorry, apparently I'm a keener.

When you say "designed yourself", are you meaning floor plan and all?

Yes floor plan and all with a picture of a room inside the house

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 10:00 AM
Default Hencing - Application

Why do I want to enter?

I love building and decorating in the game, and it'll be good fun and a challenge.

May the force be with you because you're worth it
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#9 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 2:48 PM
I would love to enter this competition but I am on holiday from 30 June to 14 July, without access to my computer. Is it worth me submitting an application entry? I am a sims 2 builder.

Thanks
Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 3:45 PM
Unfortunately it is a Sims 3 only competition. May I be a judge? I don't need to have TS3 installed to judge for TS3
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#11 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MAB-2000
Unfortunately it is a Sims 3 only competition. May I be a judge? I don't need to have TS3 installed to judge for TS3

Actually, it is both. Lovelydia as graciously accepted that both games can be used to enter. The rules are set in such a way that neither game should have advantage over the other. Even with the traits system, you're not actually putting a sim in the house, you will just need to be mindful of whether they are athletic, love the outdoors, etc, etc and imagination goes a long way in creation.

So, both The Sims 2 and The Sim 3 players, come on down!!!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 5:42 PM Last edited by MAB-2000 : 24th Jun 2012 at 5:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Actually, it is both. Lovelydia as graciously accepted that both games can be used to enter. The rules are set in such a way that neither game should have advantage over the other. Even with the traits system, you're not actually putting a sim in the house, you will just need to be mindful of whether they are athletic, love the outdoors, etc, etc and imagination goes a long way in creation.

So, both The Sims 2 and The Sim 3 players, come on down!!!

Hmmm...give me a day to think about it!!

The application itself is very chalenging
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 5:45 PM
Could I please be a judge, I've sent you a message

My Simblr: Here
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 8:52 PM

Why I want to join:
Easy! I enjoy building things in Sims 3, and I think it will be fun.
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 12:26 AM
I would like to join! I love building and decorating and this would be a great way to strengthen my skills!

Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 1:53 AM
I'll probably enter but how do u post pictures on a quick reply? thx!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teenkidtoddlerbaby
I'll probably enter but how do u post pictures on a quick reply? thx!

Don't "quick reply" but "go advanced". There you need to copy paste the link that a picture hosting website has given you.
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#18 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 6:03 AM
I'd love to enter because I love designing/decorating all types homes and friendly competition is a great way to improve and push myself to do better!

PM me with a request!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#19 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 3:37 PM
Why I would like to enter:

I can build, no problem. I have extensive knowledge of all the tools, how to exploit them, how they work, and more. However, by the time I finish on the house itself, I leave it to sit idle for months at a time because I -hate- furnishing with a passion. Hopefully a little bit of competition can change that!

(That's really about as far as i get before giving up :P)

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 9:55 PM
I'm sorry if this question is silly, I reread a few times to make sure but I couldn't tell. When you mean CC's are aloud do you mean only use your own CC's or are using other CC's from this site okay. And if they are aloud from other people on the site do we have to point out what and who's stuff was used?

Edit: Sorry Realized I had another question after I posted, Anyway would we use the world editor or the main game for this?
Field Researcher
#21 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 11:32 PM
@ Auradria, Using other people's custom content is allowed. I think you might have to point out whose stuff was used if the creator wants that. They usually say whether you can use it as you wish or if they want credit.

My Simblr: Here
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 1:32 AM Last edited by missmeow : 26th Jun 2012 at 1:52 AM.
Default Small is more - application house

Why I want to enter:
I am up for a chalenge and I would like to improve my building and designing skills
Scholar
#23 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 2:07 AM
Let me know if you are still looking for judges...

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#24 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 6:37 AM
If the judges positions are still open,I would love to be one.
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 6:38 AM
Default I Would like to join!
Below is a example of one of the houses I made...

I want to join because I love designing and making houses and I'd like to do it for a purpose and not just for fun for once
Screenshots

Page 1 of 5