Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 6:51 PM
Default Making decor picture frames digital frames
Hi all,

If this is in the wrong section, I apologize. I am wondering how to take decor picture frames and make them functional digital frames (the frames from ambitions I believe). There are a ton of decor frames out there, some really pretty, and I would like to make them work in game. I know how to change the script, but that doesn't change the animation in game. I don't want a default replacement, just more frames. I have looked for a tutorial for this and can only find ones that take one specific picture and place it into a frame. So I don't think I need to know how to mesh or anything bc the object is already created, I just want to animate it like the in game frame.

Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 2:00 PM Last edited by Ladysimplayer8 : 10th Jul 2021 at 5:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mbottle
Hi all,

If this is in the wrong section, I apologize. I am wondering how to take decor picture frames and make them functional digital frames (the frames from ambitions I believe). There are a ton of decor frames out there, some really pretty, and I would like to make them work in game. I know how to change the script, but that doesn't change the animation in game. I don't want a default replacement, just more frames. I have looked for a tutorial for this and can only find ones that take one specific picture and place it into a frame. So I don't think I need to know how to mesh or anything bc the object is already created, I just want to animate it like the in game frame.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello @mbottle
Are you using the Ambition frames to clone?
In Milkshape 3D, separate the Ambition frame object into two groups (if it is not already) - frame and picture. Import your new frame, move as required into position, delete the ambitions frame and export.
In TSR Workshop, import your new frame, and in textures overlay import your DDS or PNG images. If you have more than 3 recolors, click on 'spanner icon' and on the drop down, click option to Duplicate, import your DDS or PNG image and at the update alert, select No to create a new texture.
Hope this helps?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2021 at 5:10 PM
Hi there!

Thank you for your reply. I was really hoping to avoid blender or milkshape as I am a newbie, so for now I think I have to bookmark this. Thank you again for your help!
Inventor
#4 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mbottle
Hi there!

Thank you for your reply. I was really hoping to avoid blender or milkshape as I am a newbie, so for now I think I have to bookmark this. Thank you again for your help!

Hello mbottle
Using Milkshape 3D is not too difficult but as I have no experience of using Blender, I feel the same way too but sometimes you have to use certain programs to achieve the correct results.

Milkshape 3D gives you a free trial for one month and at the end of it you can decide to purchase it - it is only a one-off payment not annually. I think there are tutorials on-line about how to use Milkshape 3D and Blender, which will give you a better idea of how to use them and then you can make a decision that is best for you.

There is a really good chance that your new frames and the Ambitions Frames will already be aligned - so you may not have to move them, There is also a 50% chance that both frames are already split into two groups (frame and pic) that you don't have to split them into groups yourself. In which case, all you are doing is deleting the Ambitions Frames and your new frames pics and exporting what remains (New Frames and Ambitions pics) to your New Frames working file.

I hope this helps too and wishing you success with your new frames.