Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1201 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 11:11 PM
I agree, however, it is more CC, so maybe a second version in the Ambitions folder.

Same DD, i have not used the sims in almost 2 weeks! OMG!

Call me Tyu. (:
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1202 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 1:05 AM
Sims? whats that?! haha, I've got to the (inevitable and recurring) point where I've had too much sims and playing it makes me bored shitless almost instantly! I'm literally doing a room at a time, then getting bored, and doing something else for hours before doing another room!! only the upstairs of luca family house, and every room in the nectary haha!! in fact. ill put a photo of the exteriors of both up here now while I remember, just to prove I'm still working haha

EDIT: changed my mind, its 1:10, i dont even know why I'm awake, going on sims is not gonna happen!! haha

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Forum Resident
#1203 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 4:49 PM
Lol! We've all been so busy with the sims these past months, it seems like all of us could use a break at this moment.

Maggie, that hospital set looks great. I think you should use it, but also make a cc free version.
About the contest... I would have loved to join, if I wasn't so busy with building for this world already. Also, round 1 has already ended and since I'm a very slow builder, I don't know how far I would get if the deadlines are only one week. It does amaze me though that they can't find more contestants, because it does look like fun.
Field Researcher
#1204 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 7:44 PM
FINALLY!! Some proof! Here's the Nectary:

Front and back:

FloorPlans:

Sorry the images are so HUGE, i just dont have time to resize them!! haha hopefully it gives you a good idea of what it's gonna look like. I plan on making the commercial nectary as well at some point, and make it look like a barn attached to/ near the residential one
I love this so much, it's cut into a hill!!! haha

And now the De Luca house , though for some reason photobucket has decided to not work, so theyre in the attachments. The downstairs is split level and leads to a basement with the boys bedroom and a magical underground garage, as there physically not enough room for me to have the cars above ground haha!

As you can see neither of them are anywhere near finished. But they will get there...eventually!! haha
Screenshots

The other one
#1205 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 11:48 PM
Sleepyrose the first round was extended, I think it's going untill Tuesdsy now. Yeah, I know what you mean about time, that's why I changed my plan to the tiniest one I could find

Craggles that looks awesome!

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Forum Resident
#1206 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 6:14 AM
Craig, wow! The nectary looks beautiful! That spot is excellent for it too. I love the de Luca house too. Bet it's going to look amazing once it's finished.

Maggie, I'll have a look to see if I'll be able to finish something in that time, but I can't promis anything.
Field Researcher
#1207 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 1:02 PM
why thankyou its really annoying, I can build houses fast as anything, its just the effort of putting furniture in all the rooms and making it look lived in haha

Scholar
#1208 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 2:56 AM
Looks fantastic! I dont have any updates, but maybe some this weekend.

Call me Tyu. (:
Wiki Wizard
#1209 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 11:36 AM
That is SOOOO fantastic! :o give me a few moments to just pick my jaw off the floor, and mop up my drool

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Scholar
#1210 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 2:45 AM
Update:

Here is another Mcmansion, i like it, but i dont love it......there is nothing jaw dropping about it, so i am going to try and not make it astronomically expensive, (:

Let me know what you think, i also took a pic of the 3 homes together, i also have the shell of another 30X30 lot.

Rose: how are the small homes going?

Tyu.
Screenshots

Call me Tyu. (:
Scholar
#1211 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 5:46 AM
here is the other 30x30 home.
Screenshots

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
#1212 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 1:01 PM
Connor, they do look very beautiful!
Shame that the road in that area can't be turned into a cul-de-sac. That would look so pretty and fitting for those houses.

I've got 2 of the tiny lots finished. Like I said, if you want to concentrate on these houses, I can also do the 3rd. I already have the frame, so it won't take up that much time (which we all seem to be lacking these days)

DD, pick up your jaw and get the drool of Craig's nectary, lol
Scholar
#1213 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 3:48 PM
Yea DD, we dont need you messing that up. (:

Thanks Rose:
I think it would look really cool if you did all 3, i think it will give it a really cool look. Glad you like the homes, i wish we could have a cul-de-sac as well. :/ oh well.

Call me Tyu. (:
Scholar
#1214 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 4:56 PM
Here are some shots of the interior of the second home.
Screenshots

Call me Tyu. (:
Wiki Wizard
#1215 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 5:56 PM
Wow tyu, those look absoloutely stunning, there's plenty of jaw droppy-ness there i assure you on another note, when if someone edits the map we need to fix that bit of road where your houses are, like they are all on odd angles, and the drives don't touch the road lol :P

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Scholar
#1216 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 7:04 PM
yea, i agree. I could only do so much because the road is not completely straight, but its pretty close. it would be nice if everything could touch.

Call me Tyu. (:
Scholar
#1217 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 8:01 PM
i have built a fantastic park/pool/country club type spot for the wealthy area that i have built the homes for, i will post pictures soon! (:

Call me Tyu. (:
Scholar
#1218 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 1:39 AM
Alright, here is the park i built, it son a 50X50 lot.
Screenshots

Call me Tyu. (:
Inventor
#1219 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 5:26 AM
How do I get in on this? I would love to "sign up" for some building if that's a possibility, or do I just make it? I'd love to make the hospital!
The other one
#1220 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 5:39 AM
Hey Jewa, I keep bumping in to you. I'm actually supposed to be building the hospital but I've been really rubbish lately and not worked on any of my CAW things for a couple of months. I just don't seem to be able to garner the required enthusiasm for it atm

Anyway, All I've done so far is the basic structure and the reception/waiting area...oh, and a little ER examination area so not much of it at all. Since you seem to have the enthusiasm for it at the mo I'd be ok with you taking over my project as long as nobody else has issues with it. Pressumably you'd want to start from scratch on your own but if you want I can attach what I've done so far.

If you do the hospital that means I could continue with the book shop without being totally overwhelmed, lol. I really need to get back into this and upload the houses I've done

I think Sleepyrose and Tyu are running things at the mo so they could probably give you a better idea of what else is available.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Scholar
#1221 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 10:07 PM
Jewa. Hello! Im Toyou1214, But call me Tyu! Im really excited to hear you want to do the hospital! But id like to see some of your work if you dont mind. Of course we will help you along the way, but we just dont want any complete beginners! haha. As long as Rox has no problem with you doing the hospital, and you have at least a little skill, i see no problem with it at all. (: Sleepyrose as well as Lanawinst (the group creator) Have not been on in some time, i have messaged them both with no response. . .so i guess that leaves me in charge at the moment! I can send you the link to the world after we see some previous work!

great to meet you! And welcome to the group! lets try to get this going again! haha

Call me Tyu. (:
Scholar
#1222 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 12:24 AM
Alright everyone, This is my plan:

1, Finish my current projects.
2. Upload all the homes and buildings i have built.
3. Upload my map.
4. Everyone downloads new map.
5. Continue to build.

After that if someone want to go through CAW and perfect the map. that would be great, because i dont know how too!

I have also added a few lots, that will remain empty so that people can build there own homes, or insert there own downloaded homes. (:

Questions? Complaints? Concerns?

Tyu.

Call me Tyu. (:
Inventor
#1223 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 1:33 AM
Oh gosh, I wouldn't say I'm a beginner, but I've never built outside of a contest-like atmosphere for anything but a specific family for myself. I don't know if I can give you any really good examples of my S3 work... I'm okay with taking what missroxor did, adding an hour or two's work to it, and then showing it to you or working for 1-2 hours on a project and showing it to you. I don't know how to go about this..

Suggestion: I know for myself that while I love having pre-built houses, I like to have a lot of empty lots too, so you might want to consider having 10-ish empty lots or maybe two versions, one with a lot of empty lots (10-15) and one with only a few (5-10). Just an idea.
Scholar
#1224 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 4:08 AM
Well what have you built with your contests? That would be fine! (:

Also, i completely agree. I have only added . .6. But i am planning on adding more! Our plan is for one world, WA and BASE only. And a downloadable file with stuff for other expansions. So that people can choose to have the modified ones in there game, kind of confusing and im not good at explaining it. lol sorry.

Call me Tyu. (:
Inventor
#1225 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 12:38 AM
Aww! I don't have WA; will I not be able to upload my own worked-on neighborhood? *is sad*

The only problem is that, with contests, I usually have to build from plans and I'm not so good at that. I'll find a few good ones and send them to you.

Page 49 of 51