Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vegetarian Food Replacements

by gwillewyn Posted 20th Jan 2006 at 11:59 PM - Updated 22nd Jan 2006 at 2:11 PM by gwillewyn

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 120 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 1:13 AM
very creative! thanks so much!
Test Subject
#52 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 2:34 AM
Thankyouthankyouthankyou. I've been wanting these for some time.

BTW, we call tofu-turkey tofurkey.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 5:20 AM
The veggie burgers work great, but the broiled tofu doesn't work at all! My sim just stands in front of the fridge, then the box-command fades.
Test Subject
#54 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 10:28 AM
Wow, i'm vegetarian! thanks a lot.

/Ambrosia
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gwillewyn
Tofurkey? Really? There is such a thing? Wow.

I think "grilled veggies and couscous with a mexian black bean burrito" would be too long to fit on the pie-menu. Vegitarian food has such long names.

I did think I should have changed the Gelatine, but I didn't know what else to call it, other than "No animals were harmed in the making of this dessert" or "Dolphin Friendly Jelly" or something equally silly, and I was already annoyed that I couldn't get the lobster to look vegitarian without changing the mesh.

There is vegetarian gelatin, and there is also agar agar... so the gelatine can be vegetarian.

I love this set.
Test Subject
#56 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 7:03 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#57 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 3:41 PM
Awsome.
Should've been called Tofurkey though, such a cooler word than Tofu Turkey:P
Test Subject
#58 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 8:37 AM
I was so happy when I saw this...now my sim will be more realistic, as I'm a vegetarian. Thank you! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#59 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 9:44 PM
This download is great, but I think it would be better if you replaced "Tomato Sandwiches" with "PB & J Sandwiches", at least to make it more appealing to Sim kids.

cindybubbles
Test Subject
#60 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 2:49 PM
Thanks for this! I'm vegetarian and I hate making my sims eat nasty meats. Thanks again!

Sign my petition for Sims1 in Sims2! http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/thesimsfusion
Visit my blog! I love feedback!
http://owlpostnews.blogspot.com/
Test Subject
#61 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 7:27 AM
I was the one that requested this a long time ago

All I have to say is a big

THANKYOU!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 3:19 AM
Just wanted to say I really appreciate this mod. Thank you for going to the trouble to do this.

No complaints about the names/meshes/any of it, and I actually prefer the name Tofu Turkey to Tofurky (which is a brand name product, and not a favorite of mine.) I've been making Tofu Turkey for over a decade and calling it just that.
Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 11:45 PM
Default Vegetarian food replacement **Request update***
I bright Idea??? :wave: What about having the Veggie food and the other foods too??? Just an idea? Could it be done? :talk:
Field Researcher
#64 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 11:32 AM
well, you could always make it (the tom sarni) a tomato and vegimite sandwich since the older luchmeat and grilled cheese use mustard..so instead of mustard, they spread vegimite...(an australia yeast extract paste that resembles and flavoured a bit like marmite)

yeah, i think the veg gelatin is called VegiGel or VegiRen in the UK and it comes in little packets, but the Kanten is probably better....Agar agar is more a thickening agent i think, where as the Kanten is what the japaneese cooks use to make anyhting gelatine like....

dont forget soya as well as rice....you could change any drinks custom foods like milkshake to soymilk or ricedream.
i know theres vegi soups as non maxis defalts, so thats not too bad...what about changing mac n cheese to vegi stew?

um grilled cheese would be good as maybe Grilled Tofu and Misopaste.....?

Foxy, theres lots of non maxis food around, why theres a green soup here already, and if your a memeber if InSiminator, you can get quite a few foods form there...
i have stovetop Ramen noodles, vege soup,tom soup, potato salad, fruit salad ect from there i think, and theres cous-cous and vegies too.

i guess if you dont mind using brand names, theres always quorn ^^ *my mom cant have that, she is alergic to certain mushrooms, and it gives her a terrible rash but she is fine with normal mushies....*

oooh, what about mushroom burgers? those large, meaty textured mushies are great for grilling like burgers, specially if soaked in soysauce i think.

*and yeah, i would LOVE to see some japaneese foods other than the teriyaki chik n vegies....espsially the sushi,sashimi,snack dumplings and those dunplings on a stick hehe*
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 6:27 PM
yes! finally someone made some vegetarian food! i was tired of seeing my sims eat meat since im a vegetarian and want my sims to be vegetarians too.

I love Jude Law
Test Subject
#66 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 8:22 PM Last edited by k os girl : 13th Apr 2006 at 8:25 PM. Reason: typo
Wonderful job. I'm not a vegetarian, but I still really hate meat (no offence to meat eaters or anything) and I practicaly never eat meat.

Although... I want to keep the meat for some of my stories... :shrug:
Test Subject
#67 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 5:16 PM
I remember starting a thread about this about eight centuries ago and being attacked with sticks for not caring enough about humans. The joy. I'm sure we can safely assume it's all fairly traded where possible, yes. We are equal-ops hippies.

Hurrah for veggie food mod, even if I wouldn't eat most of it meself. Just because I'm a vegetarian doesn't mean I'm the smallest bit healthy...

Every time you see this signature it will annoy you just a little bit more.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 2:31 PM
Yeah, this rocks. It's so disturbing to see my simmies eat meat!
-Thankies, much love.

Hehehehe... I have Bella!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 11:20 PM
Absolutely love 'em, thanks!

Since I'm not sure when/if the creator is planning to update these files, I fixed the "veggieburgerburger" problem, and made a Tofurkey version of the "Tofu Turkey". I've tested them in my game and they work fine (they should since all I did was change the name and nothing else). These will replace gwillewyn's original files.

<33 A
Attached files:
File Type: rar  veggieburgersfixed.rar (224.2 KB, 45 downloads)
File Type: rar  Tofurkey.rar (326.5 KB, 32 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 5:17 AM
yek vegieterion meals gross i do not mean to offiend vegietroins but you can die if you do not get meat in you bodys i peffer meat tunkey better the tofuky
Test Subject
#71 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 5:58 AM
Wow, that eggplant looks delicious! But I value my salmon a bit more. If only they didn't replace each other.

Untill The End of Us All.....
Test Subject
#72 Old 7th May 2006 at 9:30 PM
Great, thank you! Now my simmies can be veggie like me!
Test Subject
#73 Old 9th May 2006 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Foxy381
I bright Idea??? :wave: What about having the Veggie food and the other foods too??? Just an idea? Could it be done? :talk:

That would be a great idea. It would be nice though to be able to pick between the two so one can truly have a choice to eat meat or eat vegetarian. I'm about to remove these veggie food replacements. Although I like them, I want my Sims to have a choice between being vegatarian or being meat-eaters. I'm not a vegetarian and neither are my Sims and since I can't choose one or the other, the vegetarian option is going bye-bye!!
Test Subject
#74 Old 13th May 2006 at 8:50 PM
THAX SOOOO MUCH! I'm a vegiatarian, and now I dinna (don't) have to watch my simmies kill simmie cows, chickens, etc etc. THANX AGAIN!

*hugs Cassie*

"If you wanna hug your friend DO IT!
If you wanna hug your enmies still do it...
Then get slapped!"

THE LITTLE VAMPIRE IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!
IF YOU LOVE THE LITTLE VAMPIRE WRITE 2 ME!
Test Subject
#75 Old 17th May 2006 at 12:48 PM
i'm a vegetarian too. thanks a thousand times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 3 of 6