Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted: Oldfashioned TV *MAJOR UPDATE*

by xanathon Posted 7th Feb 2005 at 2:46 PM - Updated 18th Dec 2008 at 9:25 PM by -Maylin-

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 4:01 PM
I've been thinking of requesting this for a few days now, looks like I wont have to bother! Thank you x 999999999999999 million :P
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by T0rinoc0bra1971
will this look good in medium quality?

I guess. If you could provide me with more details about what you mean exactly with "medium quality" I would be able to say more. But the look of the game not only relys in the settings but also on the graphics card you use...

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 3:54 AM
Hi, first in game test of your oldfashioned TV. It looks great, and it works - but there's one slight problem I realized when the sims were watching my custom videos: they are ... well, spiegelverkehrt (sorry, English word missing here). I don't know why this happens with your TV, since with the orignal MAXIS ones the movies are like they should be. It's not a real problem, but I thought you might wanna know.

Then one time when the sims were watching TV the game crashed - not sure if the tv is to blame for that, but then nothing else happened in the game when the crash occured. It happened just once tho, so I couldn't figure out what went wrong.

Thanks a lot for this great mesh... and btw, I like your radios too, they are just perfect.

"If you wanna be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to the same music we do."
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 4:23 AM
Soo awesome, is going to be great for my elders or any movies I'll make in the future, where I need to go back in time. Thanks for the great object!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didi_sim
Hi, first in game test of your oldfashioned TV. It looks great, and it works - but there's one slight problem I realized when the sims were watching my custom videos: they are ... well, spiegelverkehrt (sorry, English word missing here). I don't know why this happens with your TV, since with the orignal MAXIS ones the movies are like they should be. It's not a real problem, but I thought you might wanna know.

Yes, I definitely wanna know that. :o) That is a problem when applying the texture to the screen, if you map it wrong, the movies are mirror-inverted (das wäre dann auch "spiegelverkehrt" in englisch, schon wieder was gelernt, grins :o). I will try to change that.

Then one time when the sims were watching TV the game crashed - not sure if the tv is to blame for that, but then nothing else happened in the game when the crash occured. It happened just once tho, so I couldn't figure out what went wrong.

I think that crash while watching tv was a coincidence, since you are the only person to report such behaviour. Thanks for the report anyway.

Thanks a lot for this great mesh... and btw, I like your radios too, they are just perfect.

My pleasure! :howdy:

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 2:23 PM
One word. W00t!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 9:46 PM
Awesome object! Thank you
Scholar
#33 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 9:24 PM
nice. my grandparents had one of those....though i don't think it was in color ; ) it's cute. tx.
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 11:05 AM
I love this TV, but could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEASE do a zip version? I can't find the software to use rar. files.

I like Ze Bubbles!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 11:22 AM
wow, thanks! this is a great object.
Do you think you will make an old fashioned record player?
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 11:34 AM
I love your vintage objects! I'd like to see a Victrola (the tabletop kind with a horn)--we have one, and I'm trying to build our apartment for my sister back home
Test Subject
#37 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 5:30 AM
Make it also .zip compatible please!! Would love to download it!
Test Subject
#38 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 6:50 PM
I know it's been here awhile but I only just ran across it. Thanks so much!
Instructor
#39 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 8:20 PM
This is THE BEST thing ever but I can't get it installed into my game. My comp can't locate where it came from. If you have any tips on this Xanathon, please send me a private message to get it to work. Thanks
Field Researcher
#40 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:48 AM
This is great! Thank you for this object!
Scholar
#41 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 1:32 PM
Just like the one I grew up with! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#42 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 3:39 PM
Congratulations! This object is very nice!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 2:00 PM
a nother Antique saviour! Thank you thank you thank you!
Test Subject
#44 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 11:35 AM
Can anyone tell me if this works with University?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#45 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 11:52 AM
Should work.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#46 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 6:34 PM
In my opinion it is rather impolite to post in an english forum in german.

And: yes, I know those radiograms, and I thought about doing one, but you should be more specific what you want, since there were lots of different brands and models.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#47 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 5:38 PM
LyricLee requested to make this recolorable and so I did, furthermore I reduced the poly- and vertexcount by about half. Please redownload and replace the first version!
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 2:09 PM Last edited by Kushali : 6th Jul 2005 at 2:19 PM.
Is this EP compatible? It looks really cool, but I don't want to accidentally mess up my game.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#49 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 2:43 PM
See post #45
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 8:16 PM
Sorry. Now I feel really stupid.
Page 2 of 3