Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#1226 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I don't think the roads in 4 are wide enough for that, what with the road, the trams and a place to park the car - it's simple not enough.

The roads do look very wide when compared to sim size, but when looking at the screenshots where you can see cars driving, they drive too close to the curb for parked cars to fit in to the side of the roads. But if they moved the traffic slightly more towards center, they could just about fit parked cars too...

Quote: Originally posted by missgothika
[B]"Same sex genetics?" ]

The genetics don't function just for making kids. You can mush together genes of any two sims, and generate any age sims of any relation (excluding incest) type (non-related, sibling, parent, grandparent...).
Also you can generate sims from a single sim's genes too.
So for example, you can combine genetics of a male and a female siblings, to create them a parent, or a fellow sibling.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#1227 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:35 PM
The funny thing is I might have gone "meh" about the height of teens if it wasn't for just how MUCH disappointment there is in total. It's now like having an open sore and each slight touch is very sensitive.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#1228 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka

The genetics don't function just for making kids. You can mush together genes of any two sims, and generate any age sims of any relation (excluding incest) type (non-related, sibling, parent, grandparent...).
Also you can generate sims from a single sim's genes too.

And it's good for diversity of your sims too!
Forum Resident
#1229 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:37 PM
They don't even have to talk about it. We can clearly see they are the same height.

Anyway, we all know what 'no comment' and 'we can't talk about it' means by now.
Forum Resident
#1230 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:38 PM
Oh my God, this Kotaku article comment is PERFECT.

http://kotaku.com/and-while-we-reco...appo-1596500155
Mad Poster
#1231 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mishkabee

In other completely surprising news, they can't even talk about how tall teens are.

Another no comment, huh? And this time he's telling us to stop asking. We know what that means.
Instructor
#1232 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:41 PM
50 pages and 122 people viewing? Wow I'm proud! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#1233 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme

*hyena laugh*
Test Subject
#1234 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plumbobot
They don't even have to talk about it. We can clearly see they are the same height.

Anyway, we all know what 'no comment' and 'we can't talk about it' means by now.

yup, the cat is out of the bag

(")>
Test Subject
#1235 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:42 PM
Guys, comment on the kotaku article! We need the media to pay attention to this, to get as much simmers aware of what is happening as possible!
Lab Assistant
#1236 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:42 PM Last edited by simperatrix : 26th Jun 2014 at 7:59 PM.
[Guru's tweet about "can't comment, can't discuss, please stop asking"
In other completely surprising news, they can't even talk about how tall teens are.

"Stop asking?" Maybe people wouldn't be asking if
1) EA hadn't promised a lot more info at/after E3 and
2) EA would just give us the info now that, you know, it's after E3 and 2 months to go till release.

I understand it's probably a hassle to deal with inquisitive fans etc, but EA's the one that opened the door to this.

Back to Sims after a 2-year hiatus!

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card load TS3 on my new computer:
STEALIE NICKS Klepto King Challenge (updated 9/16/14)
THE HOUSE OF MOODICI (the Altos' Renaissance in Riverview)

my EA forums page
Field Researcher
#1237 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:44 PM
Hey Graham, not to be a Debby Downer, but you said that there was going to be discussion opened up and we would actually be shown why we should buy this game. Yeah, soon isn't an answer, when is that supposed to happen when we keep getting "no comment"?

No comment isn't discussion, it's a flyswatter.
Field Researcher
#1238 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Lol they won't if the last one attempted by a huge company flopped! They're not gonna read this forum to try and investigate why, they'll just surmise the genre became unpopular in recent years.

Well, I'm not in game publishing. But I've published software and books. And I can tell you that you've got to prove that you thoroughly understand the water you're wading into before anyone budgets a penny for your project.

Anyone proposing such a project is going to have to defend it to management. Their proposal will surely include an analysis of the competition, specifically *why* the Sims flopped for EA and why it *won't* flop for them.

I think it won't be a hard case for them to make---there's a LOT of money to be had here. It doesn't matter how big EA is.
Top Secret Researcher
#1239 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme

Could someone be so kind and screenshot/imgur it? Whenever I try to view it my browser goes crazy :lovestruc

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#1240 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:45 PM
"Teens and adults had the same height? Grant: no comment!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEE!!! Stop no commenting on everything you driving community so mad, IT'S TURNING GREEN!

Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#1241 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:47 PM
Watching this video showing genetics, you can definitely create children from same-sex couple's genetics.
I'm wondering though, that where can we set family relationships between sims? With the genetics tool, you can only create new sims of specific relation, but where can you set relationships for sims you've already made...
Lab Assistant
#1242 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:48 PM
Here we go again with the no comments. Which means prepare yourself for more bad news.
#1243 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:48 PM
Inge Jones ‏@Inge_Jones 3h
@SimGuruGraham Please can you tell us whether mirrors have realistic reflections in #TheSims4 ?

Graham Nardone ‏@SimGuruGraham
@Inge_Jones Yup, nice reflections on the mirrors. Also has graphics options to adjust the reflection quality as well.

Also Grant explained to me that the reason Worlds are not called Regions or Cities even though they are part of the same planet to the Sim is because those terms are too connected to SimCity concepts.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#1244 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:50 PM
So in response to him asking us to not ask, I suggest everyone here who has a twitter account to ask all at once XD
Lab Assistant
#1245 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:50 PM
Sims 4 wont be 64 bit.

Quote:
@crinrict I asked about this recently. We won't have a 64 bit exe; it's fairly uncommon for games. Our lead ENG explained to me why Sims 4 wouldn't particularly benefit from it and it sounded quite reasonable, but I'm not comfortable enough discussing tech to try and repeat his explanation.

Graham Nardone ยท @SimGuruGraham
26th Jun 2014 from MetroTwit

Source: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ndumm2
Mad Poster
#1246 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iShiila
Hey Graham, not to be a Debby Downer, but you said that there was going to be discussion opened up and we would actually be shown why we should buy this game. Yeah, soon isn't an answer, when is that supposed to happen when we keep getting "no comment"?

No comment isn't discussion, it's a flyswatter.

I think all he can say is soon.

The PR at this place is terrible. They should be embarrassed, who ever's running the show.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
#1247 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lumialover8
Sims 4 wont be 64 bit.

@crinrict I asked about this recently. We won't have a 64 bit exe; it's fairly uncommon for games. Our lead ENG explained to me why Sims 4 wouldn't particularly benefit from it and it sounded quite reasonable, but I'm not comfortable enough discussing tech to try and repeat his explanation.

Does the Lead Engineer tweet?

Lab Assistant
#1248 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Does the Lead Engineer tweet?

Nope. Graham tweeted it. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ndumm2
Field Researcher
#1249 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:51 PM
Replace Tony Stark with Will Wright.

Field Researcher
#1250 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:52 PM

That's rude.
We wouldn't ask if they simply just could tell us!!!!

*RAGE MODE ACTIVATED*
Locked thread
Page 50 of 920