Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#1326 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plumbobot
The more height differences the more separate animations they have to make?

So it was laziness, then?
I hope we'll be able to tell them apart during gameplay.

I hope so too, but probably not. That seems to be a recurring theme with this game. Dashed hopes.
Quote: Originally posted by Mumty
Speaking of trains, has the tram system been explained?

Probably not. I wouldn't hold my breath on it. Your respiratory system will thank you.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1327 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:31 PM
The more height differences the more separate animations they have to make?

I hope we'll be able to tell them apart during gameplay.

I can barely tell them apart in CAS, I don't know if the same can be said for gameplay.

Which reminds me, Graham, is that soon a real soon, 'cause I'd love to be shown some gameplay soon, not soon, you feel?
Top Secret Researcher
#1328 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
A final post on the 'where to get news?' question. I guess I wouldn't mind having to fall back to SimsVIP if they'd stop trying to sell me Steelseries merchandise.

I don't know if I'm breaking some unwritten (maybe written) rule here now but why does it seem like people are negative to SimsVIP?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#1329 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Motorcitydude
Either one of three things happened here:

1.) Lack of manpower and resources. Strange, considering E.A. is a HUGE company and makes millions of dollars every single year.
2.) Laziness. They just didn't feel like making them. I wouldn't put it past them considering the permeation of laziness throughout TS3.
3.) Greed. They deliberately left it out so they could charge a busload of money for it later. E.A. Games' standard operating procedure.

I will take 1 and maybe a little bit of 2.
Field Researcher
#1330 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:32 PM

It's deco.
Lab Assistant
#1331 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MCGONN
On the subject of "pre-teens", I really don't get what distinguishes pre-teens from children. Aren't they the same thing? Why is everyone so obsessed with them?

See, this is why gradual aging in the Sims (like Consort's Age mod) would do wonders. It would eliminate the need for "filler" age groups. But I get that this is quite hard to develop, as it would be a mess trying to line up animations between two sims and such.
Mad Poster
#1332 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
Hey folks - just dropping in really quickly. I didn't realize teen height was still being debated; thought it was fairly clear from the pictures and recent videos. Yes the teens are the same height as the adults. They have lighter frames than their adult counterparts, less curvy figures, and a bit more youthful pudge (not pudding ) added to their faces.

Exactly what was the budget for this game? I expect a no comment from this, out of all of them. I only ask because things cut vs. the current state of what's actually present in the game. I remember when people got upset about teens being scaled down adults in 3 (or scaled up children), but they look to be the same models with a few additional numbers thrown in to make them looks plumper, when scaled.

That saves money on making totally unique teen assets, I guess...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#1333 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I've got a question, Graham: can Sims still get pregnant or is it going to be a magic TS1-style birth?

Didn't they confirm that all clothes are maternity enabled? Then again a lot of things were "confirmed".
Theorist
#1334 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:32 PM
EA CEO Says Company Is Changing to Become "Player-First"

Wilson said EA can become a more "player-first" company in a number of ways, one of which is showing games earlier, like the company did at E3 with BioWare's next Mass Effect and new IP. Another way to do so is releasing public betas earlier in the development process, which the company also did with Battlefield Hardline, currently in beta on PC and PS4 ahead of its full release on October 21.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea...t/1100-6420699/

Wordy article that is filled with flowery language that investors want to hear.
Instructor
#1335 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:32 PM
Let me know your list of dedicated 64-bit games currently on the market, or that you yourself own.

Bonus points if you can get that list over five.

It's not about how many games i know. From what I read and understand is that sims 4 is 32 bits only (if i'm wrong then feel free to correct me)
And since the sims are quite different from other games, because through years the game gets bloated with more and more expantion packs, my concern is that in the future the game will not be able to take advantage of tecnological improvement
Lab Assistant
#1336 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:33 PM
I clicked disagree--something that is implemented half-assedly is likely to remain half-assed forevermore.

(This is true in almost anything.)

I guess you're right... I just want toddlers

lol

Sims for for life! My opinion doesn't really matter but I like to share it anyways. :)
simblr
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#1337 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:33 PM

It's deco.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#1338 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iShiila
Aren't you still getting the game for a little one ?

I've already pre ordered for her. Having it sent to her home when it comes out. I will not see it nor be tempted to install at my house. EA just lost my pre order. I would say that she won't be getting any EPs but she has my heart and knows it. *sigh*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#1339 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
EA CEO Says Company Is Changing to Become "Player-First"

"Player first"? These people really have no shame, do they?
Lab Assistant
#1340 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:33 PM
So basically all sims that are teenagers or older look the same... because seriously, at the moment I doubt it will be easy to tell them apart by their faces or silhouettes - especially with bigger sims. I can't really see a big difference in the CAS images we've seen.
Lab Assistant
#1341 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Well, thank you for confirming that Graham-Crackers. But - and I might be alone in this - I do hope that since Teens are the same height as YA etc.., that you guys are planning on releasing some kind of a Pre-Teen age group, then - along with our dang Toddlers! - because to have kids age up and suddenly become Teens-At-Adult-Height is just plain strange....

I was commenting with one of our designers just this morning how it leaves the door open for pre-teens nicely. Don't know if that will actually happen - toddlers would certainly be the first priority for us when considering how to expand the game.

Sims Producer Graham Nardone - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham
Field Researcher
#1342 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:35 PM
Apart from kids & babies, we have 3 lifestates:

- Adults with a little less fat
- Adults
- Adults with a few wrinkles
Forum Resident
#1343 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iShiila
I can barely tell them apart in CAS, I don't know if the same can be said for gameplay.

Which reminds me, Graham, is that soon a real soon, 'cause I'd love to be shown some gameplay soon, not soon, you feel?

I actually downloaded a premade teen who looked like an adorably short young adult. I kept trying to figure out why I couldn't click "play with genetics" until I realized WHY she was so short.
Lab Assistant
#1344 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:36 PM
Hey folks - just dropping in really quickly. I didn't realize teen height was still being debated; thought it was fairly clear from the pictures and recent videos. Yes the teens are the same height as the adults. They have lighter frames than their adult counterparts, less curvy figures, and a bit more youthful pudge (not pudding ) added to their faces.

EDIT: seriously! all this bad news is really starting to depress me! I can't even get excited about reflections now...
Field Researcher
#1345 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
It's deco.

Well that's just fabulous!
Lab Assistant
#1346 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sognatrice
So basically all sims that are teenagers or older look the same...

Noticed that elders have the now customary "slouch" ...and they seem to be a bit butt heavy, I think...
Top Secret Researcher
#1347 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:37 PM
It's sad that we've been reduced to water reflections being newsworthy.

To play devil's advocate, teeeeechnially they warned us on the pool issue. A sneaky, coward's warning, but one nonetheless. If you check last year's survey, water-oriented activities are mentioned eight times. Pools specifically are mentioned four times. You can say, "It could've still been in BG!" Look what it was compared to. Dogs, wizards, amusement parks, winter wonderlands, superheros. Things we know would never be a part of a base game.

Ah hell, I'm sipping sangria with Satan with this comment.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Alchemist
#1348 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:37 PM
I was commenting with one of our designers just this morning how it leaves the door open for pre-teens nicely. Don't know if that will actually happen - toddlers would certainly be the first priority for us when considering how to expand the game.

Toddlers should have been a priority. Period.
Test Subject
#1349 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:37 PM
My pre-order definitely kicked the bucket with the confirmation of no toddlers, and this information that teens are the same heights as young adults AND adults just makes me even more sure about it.

On another note, why on earth would you develop a shiny new computer game 2014 and not make it 64bit? I guess we know now that we're undoubtedly NOT "real gamers" and The Sims therefore cannot be a "real game", we might just as well do as they have suggested; lean back and just let the very "smart simulation" do its thing without our interference, I bet that'll give us some weird stories. The coming year we'll see tweets like: "Retweet everyone who's going to watch some sims today!"

I stick around and read this thread just for the fun of it, you guys crack me up almost everyday!

Edit: I've read some about games normally being 32bit, and that's probably true and I should know better than to shout about things I know nothing about. x)

Simblr | LJ | DW
Scholar
#1350 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CooCooCoo

It's not about how many games i know. From what I read and understand is that sims 4 is 32 bits only (if i'm wrong then feel free to correct me)
And since the sims are quite different from other games, because through years the game gets bloated with more and more expantion packs, my concern is that in the future the game will not be able to take advantage of tecnological improvement

You and all the other people disagreeing with me:

ALMOST ALL GAMES ARE 32-BIT ONLY.

Asking 'how many games do you know which are 64-bit only' is a valid question, and the fact that no one has an answer is telling. There aren't many. Even the serious game-engine innovators are just barely starting up. This argument is specious.

(I'm all for holding other things against them, but you don't see even 'hardcore' gamers arguing about this. Before you say 'blah blah making use of RAM', most games don't use that much RAM anyway and VRAM/GPU power is often more important.)
Locked thread
Page 54 of 920