Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2024 at 12:52 AM
Default Default newspaper NPC
I'm trying to default the paperdelivery teens, using the (ancient) tutorial by Targa: https://modthesims.info/showthread....5#startcomments

It is kind of working. My NPC currently has the correct outline and shadows for the new outfit, but the actual outfit is invisible. (See image)

I've tried Targa's method extracting all four mesh components, and the gmdc-only method. Same result. I haven't touched the bag or the cap so far, and the npc turns up with the cap on, but no sign of the bag.

What am I missing?

I've looked at a number of other NPC defaults. Sunni's don't contain textures, but do have the txmt file. But the npcs are not wearing the orginal colours or meshes, so I don't understand that at all.

I haven't tried the SimSurgery replacement method, because I wanted to make a general default, rather than just replace this specific sim in this neighbourhood. If I understand correctly, the SimSurgery approach will just change this sim, and you'd have to do it again for each hood.

How can I fix this, please?
Screenshots

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort