Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 3 Recategorizer (UPDATE Late Night!)

by Sims MX Posted 15th Dec 2009 at 7:21 PM - Updated 13th Mar 2013 at 3:53 AM by Sims MX : Updated files.

118 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Instructor
Original Poster
#51 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 8:07 PM Last edited by Sims MX : 6th Mar 2010 at 9:26 PM.
The HELS package is ready! Download it now!

Club Vaindenburger and Faire Folk Life recategorizers were added! Download 'em now!

Quote: Originally posted by brento
Do I need to install the base game package in the base game package folder and the WA package in the WA package folder or do they both need to go in the same folder, and if so in which folder?

Install them in the latest EP/SP folder.
Theorist
#52 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 12:40 AM
This is great, but couple of suggestions:

> Could the basgame candles go under lighting > table lamps?
> Could all the tomb block items under deco > misc be made all the same price for ease of access? And all those broken carts = same price?
> Could the really ruined column go under columns?

Thanks.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
Original Poster
#53 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 12:58 AM
UPDATE March 7th

The Sims 3 Recategorizer recategorizes clothing!
  • NPC & Townies won't wear the farmer outfits that came with Riverview.
  • Dr. Pepper's Jacket shows up in the Athletic category too.
  • Wild Wears' clothing was recategorized. Tops and outfits show up in Everyday, Formal & Sleepwear. Shoes show up in Everyday & Formal.

I'll add more Store sets soon!

Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
> Could all the tomb block items under deco > misc be made all the same price for ease of access? And all those broken carts = same price?

I don't understand. The broken carts are already recategorized, they can be found in Miscellaneous Décor.
Theorist
#54 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
I don't understand. The broken carts are already recategorized, they can be found in Miscellaneous Décor.

I mean making them the same price, so the catalogue looks neater.

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#55 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 9:09 PM
Your Club Vaindenburger file doesn't seem to move the new chair from misc to dining but your files do with all other similar wheeled chairs.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
Original Poster
#56 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Your Club Vaindenburger file doesn't seem to move the new chair from misc to dining but your files do with all other similar wheeled chairs.

It doesn't? I thought it did, I'll check it.
Theorist
#57 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 5:30 PM
Do you see what I'm getting at?

#BlairWitchPetition
Test Subject
#58 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 11:41 PM
I'm not able to see these objects for some reason, they show up as black balls both in game and as thumbnails. Does this conflict with any mods? I do have several game mods installed at the moment.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 3:19 AM
yea i get the black balls too
Test Subject
#60 Old 14th May 2010 at 9:19 PM
While I do really enjo the fact you're dedicated to recatorgizing, I'm having issues also with the black balls. Its mainly store items, but not all of them. Specifically its the children's items that pop up the most as those black balls. Purchased or otherwise. For now I'm removing the store recatogorizing one, but is there a fix on your end, or something on my end I need to do?
Forum Resident
#61 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 4:56 AM
@clutzy: you may need to decrapify the recategorizer package file.

Is there an update of this mod with Ambitions EP and new store items? Thank you.
Instructor
Original Poster
#62 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 9:10 PM Last edited by Sims MX : 27th Jun 2010 at 4:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
@clutzy: you may need to decrapify the recategorizer package file.

Is there an update of this mod with Ambitions EP and new store items? Thank you.

An Ambitions update is coming soon. I'll recategorize scultpures so they show up in the new Sculptures category.

I don't have Ambitions yet, but I downloaded the latest patch (1.12/2.7/3.3) and I'm updating the files to include items in the new Sculptures sorting category.

Edit (June 14th):

New sets (Island Villa, Championship Dreams, It's Game Time!, etc.) were added and older store sets were modified.

Items moved to the Sculptures sorting category:
Tiki Idol (Tiki)
Amphora (Storybook)
Statue (Storybook)
Art Object (Hewnsman)
Globe (Regal Living)
Incense Burner (Worldy Goodies)
Dragon's Vase (Explorer's Loot)
Eiffel Tower (Explorer's Loot)
Cupid Statue (Happy Valentines!)
Armor (Gothique)
Glass Spider (Gothique)
Skull Bunny (Gothique)
Football Trophy (Championship Dreams)
Motorcycle Model (Championship Dreams)

Items moved to the Laundry sorting category:
Hamper (Ultra Lounge Youths)
Woven Baskets (Island Villa)
Woven Trunk (Island Villa)

Missing Store sets:
Sun, Surf & Sand (Sleep)
Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath

I'll add these two later, as well as the Ambitions recategorizer.

Edit (June 26th):
  • 14 Ambitions sculptures, 5 music boxes and 1 dining chair that were in the Debug category now show up in their proper category.
  • Shelfs were moved from Misc. Storage to Displays.
  • The china cabinet and laundry cabinet now show up in the Cabinets sorting category.
  • The Collection Helper, Moodlet Manager, Body Sculptor, Food Replicator, Teleporter, Reward Fridge, The Fox, Firefighter of the Year Trophy and Firefighter's Coat now show up in the Debug category.
  • The police car and fire truck now show up in the Debug category.
  • The fog emitter was moved to the Tomb Objects sorting category.
  • The special items that can be bought from the special merchant can now be found in the Tomb Objects sorting category. These items include: Thief's Coin, Mummy Snacks, Pemmican, Tear of Horus, etc.
  • World Adventures and base game files were updated for Ambitions.
Test Subject
#63 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 5:45 AM
Is the Firefighter's Axe reward available with this mod as well?

I accidentally moved with it hanging on the wall and I fear it's gone forever. My sim's awards wall just doesn't feel the same without it.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 1:52 PM
Estupendo! Muchas gracias ;D
Instructor
Original Poster
#65 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Calipher
Is the Firefighter's Axe reward available with this mod as well?

I accidentally moved with it hanging on the wall and I fear it's gone forever. My sim's awards wall just doesn't feel the same without it.

Yea, it is the Firefighter of the Year Trophy . I put it in the Debug sorting category because it had no price.

To see the Debug category, type:
  1. Ctrl + shift + C
  2. testingcheatsenabled true
  3. buydebug

I'll update soon to include the latest Store sets.
Test Subject
#66 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:24 AM
Awesome, thanks so much for the quick reply. I did read about the trophy being included but thought it was some sort of a wall plaque. My mistake.
Theorist
#67 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 2:15 PM
Couple of points:
>
You haven't repriced the WA blocks of rock under deco > misc.
It would make sense to have trhem all the same price, and also the broken carts.
If youre not sure what items I mean, tell me and I will go into more detail regarding this.
> Aso, the WA statues are still under deco misc.
> This appears to have changed some of the categories of my CC ??

#BlairWitchPetition
Instructor
Original Poster
#68 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Couple of points:
>
You haven't repriced the WA blocks of rock under deco > misc.
It would make sense to have trhem all the same price, and also the broken carts.
If youre not sure what items I mean, tell me and I will go into more detail regarding this.
> Aso, the WA statues are still under deco misc.
> This appears to have changed some of the categories of my CC ??

Thanks!

Try redownloading the WA package, I thought I update it (I did but maybe I forgot to reupload because in my game they're in the Sculptures category).

I still don't know which blocks you mean, can you get me a picture?

CC? I haven't touched any CC but I'll check just to be sure .
Theorist
#69 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 11:00 AM
Hi SimsMX.
oK, the CC items appeared to swap categories the first time only, after that they were back to normal (I promise!)
And these 5 items here should probably just have two prices rather than five.
Otherwise, perfect! Thanks!

#BlairWitchPetition
Field Researcher
#70 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 6:14 PM
First off. Love this Mod Had to remove it afer the update (consistent comp lock. Ram shoots from 89-93% -freezeing all) it would cause the game to freeze, ONLY WHEN I attempted to scroll in the Misc. Object Category. Started throwing away alot of objects thinking I had an corrupted file there. Scanned packages and reviewed sim packs. No problem? Finally took out the Recat. and okay. Will slowly put back in one at a time to see what pack is giving issue. This is invalueable to my int. design sim. Thankyou.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 5:19 AM
Sorry away sick. Everything up to 6/13/2010 I had no problem with. Going to add the updated base game to see if that changes if the misc. Obj folder freezes game.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 9:27 PM
The base game, ambitions update, cause the the memory to increase to 83% and higher when attempting to acces the misc objects. (Removed from game). The updated base game for ambition. Didn't even produce a log when it crashed with base update. Tried the Ep1 6/26/2010 with no problem last night. Sp1 is fine. Will be adding putting in SP2 for play this evening. The store items so far have no issues. Will get back. Any Ideals on why the base pack, update crashes game or can I get the previous one before the update? That one worked for me.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 8:15 PM
For me it's only the base game, updated, version, that totally crashes my misc. objects catagory. Is anyone else having this issue???? I really LOVE this mod and it is the only one that will not allow me to click on that specific file. Can access most items if they cross catagories but can't specifically touch "that" button. Will not even give a crach report.?????
Instructor
Original Poster
#74 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 8:47 PM Last edited by Sims MX : 7th Aug 2010 at 6:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by cookniro
For me it's only the base game, updated, version, that totally crashes my misc. objects catagory. Is anyone else having this issue???? I really LOVE this mod and it is the only one that will not allow me to click on that specific file. Can access most items if they cross catagories but can't specifically touch "that" button. Will not even give a crach report.?????

Thanks for posting this. I haven't had that problem but I'll update this mod ASAP.

Edit:
I had the same problem when updating the files and I'm unsure what was causing it, but it is fixed now.

If you still have the problem, try this (it worked for me):
  1. Delete all the recategorizer files.
  2. Delete your caches.
  3. Run your game and exit.
  4. Download the new files.
Instructor
Original Poster
#75 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Sims MX : 10th Aug 2010 at 3:17 PM.
Update (August 10th)

Re-download the files please.

This new version:
  • Reduces file size (useless OBJK resources were deleted).
  • Fixes placement flags (download fixed_ftpt.package).
  • Removes Bars from Miscellaneous Surfaces and Buffet Tables from Dining Tables.
  • Moves Parking Spaces, Bike Racks and Garage Doors to the Miscellanous Vehicles sorting category.
  • Makes a decorative WA column and Pastorial Reflections a fully functional column/mirror respectively.
  • Fixes some topic ratings like Stereos displaying "+ Group Activity" instead of "Group Activity".
  • Includes latest Store sets.
  • Includes Clara's unlocked stencils for several Store items.

Clara's Unlocked Stencils
Page 3 of 5