Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 3 Recategorizer (UPDATE Late Night!)

by Sims MX Posted 15th Dec 2009 at 7:21 PM - Updated 13th Mar 2013 at 3:53 AM by Sims MX : Updated files.

118 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Field Researcher
#76 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 11:12 PM
Thanks again for the update. Works perfectly.
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:47 PM
Have found a problem with recatogorized_0 package. When I click on the bike racks my game crashed. Once I take the package out the game works fine and I can buy bike racks.

----------------------------------------------
We are all part of the tapesty of life. Weave your threads with the colours of peace, love and compassion my friends.
Instructor
Original Poster
#78 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 12:59 AM
Thanks for reporting it. Anach told me about it yesterday. It seems that awesomemod modifies the behavior of bike racks and parking spaces, so recatogorized_0.package will conflict with awesomemod. I'll work on a non-awesome version and upload soon.

You do have awesomemod, don't you?
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 6:15 AM
Yes I do, but I hope that you can do a version that is compatible with it as I love both mods and dont want to give either of them up

----------------------------------------------
We are all part of the tapesty of life. Weave your threads with the colours of peace, love and compassion my friends.
Instructor
#80 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 2:49 PM
Would it be enough to delete OBJDs with instances C41, 989CAD, 78A to fix the Awesomemod incompatibility?
Instructor
Original Poster
#81 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 12:09 AM
It worked for Anach but I haven't tested yet (as I don't have awesomemod). Right now I'm too busy to update or test this mod, so I'll leave it as is for a couple of weeks and then I'll update it. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:47 PM
I truly love this mod, and I am hoping you will update it for LN... is it maybe even possible to unhide all the highrise shells (as there are only TWO in buydebug) as well as the apartment mailboxes? That would be AWESOME!!

I play Sims in German, so I apologize in advance for any "funny/wrong English term" I might use when describing something about the game. ;)
Instructor
Original Poster
#83 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 8:33 PM
I already unhid the wall mailbox and trash chute. I'll upload the Late Night version tonight as I still have to unlock the shells.
Instructor
Original Poster
#84 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 5:46 AM
Update (November 2nd)

This new version:
  • Removes Gobo Lights and Air Ducts from the Debug category and moves them to Parties and Misc. Décor respectively.
  • Unlocks several gift and reward items such as a tv, hot tub, trailer, guitar, etc.
  • Unlocks several items that will let you build your desired apartment, such as the Trash Chute, Wall Mailbox and several Shells.

How To Place A Wall Mailbox

Placing a Wall Mailbox can be done in any Residential Lot and is as easy as 1, 2, 3! Follow these steps.
  • Open the lot.
  • Use the buydebug cheat, testingcheatsenabled true must be used first.
  • Place the Wall Mailbox. When the Wall Mailbox is placed, the old Mailbox will disappear. Once placed it cannot be deleted and you cannot go back to the old Mailbox.

If you're building an apartment, you may want to place a Trash Chute, Public Room Makers and Hidden Room Makers.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#85 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 5:57 AM Last edited by Anach : 3rd Nov 2010 at 6:51 AM.
Was looking forward to this update.

BTW, as for the issues we were discussing. I had reinstalled Windows, and Sims3 etc, and haven't yet installed this mod. At the moment I have no freezing issues. I'll let you know how I go with this time around.

*Edit*

Well the bad news is that I have exactly the same issue once again. Freezing on garage doors and bike racks. There might be more, but those are the two I remember most.

All I can think of is that there must be something different between the OBJD in mine and yours. I'll see if I can track it down to specific items over the next few days and then let you know what I find out.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#86 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 8:33 AM
Could you possibly make the actor reward show up in buydebug like the other career rewards? Otherwise, this mod is awesome. ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 8:39 AM
Thanks for updating.
<- Impatiently awaiting the AM compatible version.
Field Researcher
#88 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 6:01 PM Last edited by Anach : 3rd Nov 2010 at 6:29 PM.
Ok. I think I have found the issue, it's simple and I don't know why it didn't occur to me before. A while back I started decrapifying my content, and obviously base game items are not decrapified as they are contained within the base game/exp folders, so only stuff installed through the launcher is decrapified. When I decrapfied the merged package of your mod, I was decrapifying the base game modded OBJD, which were conflicting with the relating untouched files. Oddly this only affected the stuff in the vehicles categories.

So to fix the issue. Do not decrapify the base game and expansion related recategorizer packages, only the store related packages. Which in hindsight seems common sense. This also explains the issue I was having with the Police Car.

On another note. I have a request. As you are bringing making reward items available from within the standard catalogue, you may want to consider adjusting the prices of certain items. Items such as the LN reward car, reward hot tub, etc. Those items are supposed to be exclusive, but are either cheaper or same price as standard items.

Also something you may not be aware of, HugeLunatic has a fix for the Scarab bed which is essential and conflicts with your mod, you may wish to ask about making a compatible version http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=423092
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 6:45 PM Last edited by Mikikitty : 3rd Nov 2010 at 10:22 PM.
Awesome, that was quick! Is the food truck parking lot also available by any chance? Or can it be done? Oh, I just read that you had done that. edit again: Hm... I placed quite a lot of parking lots in Sunset Valley, but the food truck never shows up. Maybe it only works in Bridgeport? Also, I saw that the food truck parking lot also exists on apartment lots, not only community... e.g. the one very close to the bridge, the one with a scaffolding.

About the decrapify-ing talked in the post above mine: WTH?! ^^;; I noticed that I cannot save pattern alterations of bike racks and buffet tables, and I am only using the recategorizers, not the fixes.

I play Sims in German, so I apologize in advance for any "funny/wrong English term" I might use when describing something about the game. ;)
Instructor
Original Poster
#90 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 2:57 AM
@moryrie What actor reward? Do you mean the trailer? It is in the Miscellaneous Vehicles sorting category.

@Anach That was what I was thinking, I noticed when I tried to fix some Barnacle Bay objects. As soon as I opened the catalog, my game freezed. I removed the Store packages and left the Late Night recategorizer and the game didn't freeze at all.

The strangest part is the fact that I do not use decrapified content in my game. When I extract a Store Sims 3 Pack, I use the MATY's TS3 Recompressor in order to open it with s3pe. I guess it also decrapifies, I'll have to look for another way to fix

@Mikikitty I noticed that too. I wonder why, I'll test it. I guess I have to unlock the food truck and place it in some lots.

I'll redo base game, eps and sps versions soon to avoid compatibility problems with users that have decrapified content and users that do not. I won't be adding a Fast Lane recategorizer soon as I don't own the game and don't see me buying it soon, sorry.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
@Anach That was what I was thinking, I noticed when I tried to fix some Barnacle Bay objects. As soon as I opened the catalog, my game freezed. I removed the Store packages and left the Late Night recategorizer and the game didn't freeze at all.

The strangest part is the fact that I do not use decrapified content in my game. When I extract a Store Sims 3 Pack, I use the MATY's TS3 Recompressor in order to open it with s3pe. I guess it also decrapifies, I'll have to look for another way to fix

The recompressor doesnt decrapify if you simply drag and drop to the s3rc.exe. That is how I was doing it before I decided to give decrapify a try.

However, with so many people uploading pre-decrapified content, it can sometimes be hard to know what you are getting unless you try to extract it first. The annoying thing is, there shouldn't be anyone uploading pre-decrapified, as it takes 2 seconds to do yourself.
Forum Resident
#92 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:14 AM Last edited by anak_ponti : 4th Nov 2010 at 3:24 AM.
Anach: I already use your way (only decrapify store recategorizer) for sometimes, and I still have random freeze when I click on bike rack, parking space, bar, buffet table. So my only solution is I use old "recategorizer_0" (v1.8, 26 June 2010).

FYI, I didn't have LN yet but I have all the latest patches. And I use AM too.

Thank you all.
Field Researcher
#93 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 6:13 AM Last edited by Anach : 4th Nov 2010 at 7:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
Anach: I already use your way (only decrapify store recategorizer) for sometimes, and I still have random freeze when I click on bike rack, parking space, bar, buffet table. So my only solution is I use old "recategorizer_0" (v1.8, 26 June 2010).

FYI, I didn't have LN yet but I have all the latest patches. And I use AM too.

Thank you all.

Well there goes that theory. However, it's still something I was doing wrong. I haven't had any issues with the garage or bike rack since, however, now I have an issue with the castle interior tapestry.

Maybe the only way to fix these freezing issues is to merge the OBJD files with the .dbc and replace the originals. Similar to how I used to do it back when I didnt use the launcher.

What we need is a small program that can process these records automatically within an existing .dbc/.package file. That way we don't have to use replacements we can just apply the changes to our existing files. This would certainly save a lot of updating in the future.

*edit*2
Scratch both those theories.

My Wife just tried both merging and non-decrapified methods and had the same freezing issues.

*edit 3*

The Mrs just confirmed another issue. It seems one dodgy OBJD file can cause other unmodified items to freeze. eg. The tapestry will freeze the game, even if there is no modified tapestry OBJD, which means one of the other OBJDs must be causing the issue with the tapestry and most likely the other things such as random bike rack freezing. The trouble is tracking down which are the problematic files.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#94 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 9:09 AM
Someone posted a PM at Simlogical with some problem? Whoever it was, please post again as a forum post, then we can look into it. Only we can't track issues properly by PM.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 3:31 PM Last edited by timoram26 : 5th Nov 2010 at 4:57 PM.
I think there's still an issue. LN recategorized the existing instruments from base game and they do now appear in community lots in the same categories for a residential lot. However, the electric guitar from High-End Loft Stuff does not appear the way base game instruments does, and I think some Store instruments does not either.
And the fireworks from the Toyota set don't show up in community lot, nor does the balloon from the same set.
Also, does "recategorized_0.package" is fixed for use along the AwesomeMod ?
Test Subject
#96 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 4:18 PM
My game is freezing up whenever I click on the ___ Zhiyuan objects from the Explorers Loot.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 10:16 PM
@Sims MX
following two files also containing similar OBJD resources, FYI:
recategorized_sculpturewallshelfPMK2x1.package -and- recategorized_ultraLoungeYouth.package
Instance: 0x00000000000F44E5

"-If you leave me, can I come with you too?.."
Field Researcher
#98 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
@moryrie What actor reward? Do you mean the trailer? It is in the Miscellaneous Vehicles sorting category.

Ah, I didn't think to look there. I was searching all through buydebug.
Theorist
#99 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 4:38 PM
Just to give you a heads up, apparently some of the hidden LN shells are bugged. They can look weird from map view or even cause the blue lot glitch.
Field Researcher
#100 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 10:57 PM
@SimsMX

Your inbox is full. I need to discuss the OBJD tool with you.
Page 4 of 5