Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#151 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 2:34 AM
Yeah, I'm going to take all the time I can to make this is as perfect as I can get with, at least, my standards. I'll probably work up to the last day.
Advertisement
Instructor
#152 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 2:46 AM
I will be working on adding more to my landscape. It just looks too bare to me. Of course that means another round of photo taking on the outside, but that's okay. As mentioned, there's still plenty of time.

I'm kind of thinking up ideas for a sauna/private beach cabana thing in the back. I will probably start tonight, because I took a giant break and now have a clean house and laundry is halfway done. Yay!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#153 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:46 AM
Ooo i look forward to that cabana thingy. :0)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#154 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:52 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 21st Jul 2010 at 9:25 AM.
Regarding the theme thing, it's basically... choose a theme, any theme - whatever makes you happy, whatever the lot seems to want to be, to you. And just try to stick to it. So if you want to do a modern house, make sure it looks modern, and is decorated modern, and you should get a pretty high score on theme. Doing a really interesting, unusual theme, and doing it well and consistently might get you a higher score, though.

I'm up now and will begin going through my MASSIVE PILE OF PMs, omg ya'll... and send out judge comments.

Edit: Judge comments sent out - please let me know if I missed you, or you can, of course, still request judge comments if you haven't already.
Forum Resident
#155 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:30 AM
Oh you poor thing lol wish I could help, but that would be stupid
Field Researcher
#156 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 11:50 AM
Oooh !! I totally missed round one ! I should read the news more often. Now my sims work again, I'm off to participate in round two ! Great idea ! Thank you HP and thanks MTS !
Forum Resident
#157 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 11:58 AM
Sorry you cant just join in round 2 you have to be apart of the 70 who got in, Imagine all that judging... You can still join in and put it under chat we all enjoy seeing everyones creations!!
Field Researcher
#158 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 12:04 PM
Yes, I just realised that when I re-read the first post.
Top Secret Researcher
#159 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 1:00 PM
Thanks for sending out the comments HP Didn't want to reply with a thanks as you probably already got like 100's of unread ones anyway!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 1:58 PM
Default Greek/egypt style
Iannis and Fatima moved to Sunset Valley and built themself a house inspired by greek and egypt style.

Front

Back

First floor

Second floor

Livingroom

Kitchen

Bedroom

Bathroom

No cc
One free store "wall ivy".
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 3:04 PM
Freja, wow? The things that can be made out of a simple foundation. =) Once again, I am really enjoying what comes out of the basic "footprint" of the home. This was a brilliant idea HP to come up with this challenge. Brilliant.

Currently not able to take requests at this time... sorry!
Field Researcher
#162 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 3:37 PM
I have spent most of the day improving the house I made - doesn't really encourage me to share it with anyone if we are being encouraged to steal ideas from other contestants lol so will have to redo my post on the last day methinks :-)
Forum Resident
#163 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:09 PM
Encouraged to steal ideas? I don't think that's what we're being told to do. I don't think of it as stealing to look at everyone else and their homes, and see what might be wrong with mine in conjunction. I especially look at roofs, since mine are quite lackluster. We all should learn from each other, but that doesn't mean steal.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#164 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:10 PM
Steal ideas? I am not sure what exactly you mean by that. Most people are trying their best to get that 20 point bonus for no CC and there is only so much you can do with one foundation and official content. Just because there are 10 modern houses doesn't mean that the first contestant had his idea stolen by the last 9.
Top Secret Researcher
#165 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:13 PM
I doubt anyone steals ideas to be honest. Why would you want to submit something to an 'open' competition that is clearly a rip-off?
Besides people can't help but look at other houses and get ideas but it doesn't mean that they are going to replicate it. Everything ever created is formed from an idea of something previously made so it's quite hard, if not impossible to avoid

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#166 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:21 PM
I was responding to PorkyPine - "Enjoy yourselves and STEAL IDEAS from other players and make them better! (I'm chasing Flabiliki! ahahahahahahaa)"
My comment wasn't completely serious - having said that I may still not alter my post yet - I thought I couldn't improve on it when I built it but I'm sure it looks better now so may wait just in case I get a brilliant (or even mediocre) idea before the deadline. :-) I'm bored with re-taking pictures... I certainly wasn't saying anyone has as from what I've seen there's some really imaginative and creative stuff gong on!
I'm looking forward to seeing the next 2 foundations -got a feeling they may be interesting!
Inventor
#167 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:25 PM
Lord help me if I have as hard a time coming up with something to do on the next foundations as I did on this last one lol

And wound up doing something different than I had in mind to begin with.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Forum Resident
#168 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:43 PM
Yeah, I'm really straining with this one. It's more that I'm just not interested in the house theme I'm doing, so I'm thinking of just scrapping what I have, because if I'm uninterested, then I'm sure no one else will be interested, either.
Inventor
#169 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:44 PM
In my case it took several attempts to find something I was happy with lol

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#170 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
In my case it took several attempts to find something I was happy with lol

Agreed! I knew I wanted a barn, built the exterior walls and then sat and stared at it for what felt like hours trying to figure out what to do inside. I wanted a loft and then I was just going to place both bedrooms upstairs and then I was just going to leave the top completely open and then I tried split stairs. I think I must have gutted my house 15 times before I finally got a floor plan I thought was acceptable. And then I realized my house had no bathroom. So I had to go back to the drawing board and work it back in.
Inventor
#171 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:58 PM
I tried to go more modern with it, didn't like what was coming out, built something else, scrapped it. Built something that didn't look modern at all and was rather happy with it, game locked up. Lost it all. Gave up for that night and then last night built my little house on the beach and I like it well enough to submit. Just gotta finish it up tonight. Still need to do the bedroom and bathroom then work on some more outdoor landscaping stuff for the backyard. Landscaping is the bane of my existence on Sims 3 building however I do believe I'm improving somewhat.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#172 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
Landscaping is the bane of my existence on Sims 3 building however I do believe I'm improving somewhat.

Landscaping has always been a problem for me.
Test Subject
#173 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:19 PM
Mm, landscaping.. I've always kinda liked it more than decorating indoors which I can sometimes even find boring. In some of the houses which I've built before the garden is very detailed but inside the house there isn't really any decoration >.< The first time when I used the clutter items was actually for this contest.
Forum Resident
#174 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:19 PM
Apparently roofing's my problem. And I don't disbelieve it, since I'm having a wicked time trying to place roofs on my house for this round.
Inventor
#175 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
Apparently roofing's my problem. And I don't disbelieve it, since I'm having a wicked time trying to place roofs on my house for this round.

I was too. Sheesh. I dread the next 2 rounds lmao

Page 7 of 20