Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#51 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jtravers88
So you've changed the day to Thursday.

They didn't change the day to Thursday, they removed the action from the list.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 6:03 PM
Right, it runs on Thursday by default. With the mod, it should not run at all.
Modifying the python scripts probably would have worked as well, but I haven't dipped my toes into script modding just yet.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Test Subject
#53 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 11:02 PM
I installed the file. I had a guy die from exhaustion, the grim reaper came, but did nothing. The guy lay on the ground for two days and the grim reaper just stood there.
Is this supposed to happen now with the mod file in place? Or is my game just messed up?
thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kiki50
I installed the file. I had a guy die from exhaustion, the grim reaper came, but did nothing. The guy lay on the ground for two days and the grim reaper just stood there.
Is this supposed to happen now with the mod file in place? Or is my game just messed up?
thanks!

Interesting. That isn't expected and probably isn't related to the mod. Genealogy Pruning should not play any role in Sims dying.
But, it will be good to see if we can reproduce it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Test Subject
#55 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:12 AM
thanks!

Since testing this mod I have had sims die of old age with no problems at all, however none have died of unnatural causes like your sim.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#56 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:13 AM
There was a remark in the EA guide on a sort of "sanity check" specifically for sims who are about to die. Because dying sims trying to do stuff while dying is a very bad thing that the game can't deal with, they say.

I'll see if I can find that .. not saying it's got anything to do with your mod though, or with XML tuning.

E: Found, it's on page 12 bottom (about loots and sim interactions):
Quote:
Note: you may notice that there is an additional buff that appears under the test_globals (26171). This buff is a blacklist buff on almost every interaction and is a best practice to add as it checks that a Sim is not currently dying; it turns out that having a dying Sim attempt to do other interactions causes lots of problems!

I can't think of any connection between that and this mod .. but FWIW.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#57 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:27 AM
sorry for this, but where exactly is the mods folder?
Test Subject
#58 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:28 AM
I went back into another saved game and had the guy die again, same cause, just different location. Grim Reaper came and collected spirit, tombstone appeared.
Now I can't get the Grim Reaper to leave the house..LOL
thanks for the replies.
Test Subject
#59 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mzp531
sorry for this, but where exactly is the mods folder?

Mine is under My Documents/Electronic Arts/TheSims4/
Inventor
#60 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 6:36 AM
thanks!

That is unrelated to the mod. It happens from time to time.

Reset the dead Sims and all is good.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:54 AM
Thank you so much for making this! I haven't experienced disappearing Sims yet, but I haven't enabled aging either. I'd like to, at some point, and want to add this prophylactically. Just to clarify, I edit the file to read

"Priority 500PackedFile *.packagePackedFile *\*.package
DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate"

Two separate lines, not one run-on expression?

Thank you again for your work! You are a life saver of Sims!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
I assume that's what the genealogy thing is supposed to do (only that it can't properly tell apart the living from the dead is a bit of a problem =P )

it's easy I tell yah! just watch and see if they moan for brains....
Forum Resident
#63 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:17 PM
Here's something weird that happened with the mod.

BFF HOUSEHOLD
I turned Liberty and Summer into children. Travis was set as an elder. Using the Set Age mod http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=535270

Household was then set as unplayed and ignored for 3 or 4 weeks.
Note: I alternated between long and normal lifespans between households.
Travis has since been culled.. I don't know if he died of old age or was just removed.
Liberty and Summer are still listed as living in willow creek. But the BFF household is listed as empty.
Liberty and summer do not show up at any of the other houses in willow creek.

This is probably a success from this mod in saving Liberty and Summer from culling,
and maybe the game did not know what to do with them?
I am not sure if this information is useful... but i thought I would provide it just in case it helps with something.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai

BFF HOUSEHOLD
I turned Liberty and Summer into children. Travis was set as an elder. Using the Set Age mod http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=535270

Travis has since been culled.. I don't know if he died of old age or was just removed.
Liberty and Summer are still listed as living in willow creek. But the BFF household is listed as empty.

This is probably a success from this mod in saving Liberty and Summer from culling,
I am not sure if this information is useful... but i thought I would provide it just in case it helps with something.

That's very interesting.
Where does it say that Liberty and Summer are in Willow Creek? Are they listed on the Household Management as part of BFF household?

Lab Assistant
#65 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai

BFF HOUSEHOLD

Do other sims have them in the relationship panel?
If they were still children they may have been picked up by the social worker. Have you tried adopting a child? If it works like previous versions of the game they should be first in the adoption pool.
Forum Resident
#66 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterDinadan
That's very interesting.
Where does it say that Liberty and Summer are in Willow Creek? Are they listed on the Household Management as part of BFF household?

Yep they're still in the BFF household..
but the BFF house that they started in is vacant..
Yet, they show that they are still living in willow creek.

EDIT: Yes.. household management. Under willow creek residents.. as BFF
Resuming the save file duplicated the results
Test Subject
#67 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 1:47 AM
Hi! I've been having this problem since my Sims got married and all, and I'm so glad that this fixes it but it kinda crashes my game
I have a main household(3 adults, 2 teens and 1 baby) and it always crashes when I switch to them, but when I switch to my other household(2 elders, 2 adults and 1 teen) it doesn't crash and it works fine. It also crashes when I go to manage household. And I believe I followed all of the steps correctly(Edited resource.cfg with notepad and saved it, now its renamed to Resource but file type is still CFG file)

Not sure if this will be useful info but I have quite a few CC in my game, and my laptop isn't the best in the world(More of a studying/office laptop then a gaming one)
Any help on fixing this crash will do. Thank you
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#68 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 2:09 AM
So what exactly indicates that it's this mod that causes the crash?

Test Subject
#69 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 2:37 AM
Yesterday I was adding and removing CC and mods to see if any one of them are causing the crash or conflicting with this one, but even if I removed all of my other CC and mods and just had only this mod in the folder, it still crashed for me.

But I'm starting to think that my laptop is the problem since nobody had any crashes having this mod
I think I'll try this out on my friend's laptop since he has a gaming one, and if it works for him then, I guess I have to buy a new PC that meets with recommended system requirements.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#70 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GKnight86
just had only this mod in the folder, it still crashed for me

That dosn't mean anything. If it would crash with only this mod, and not crash without it, that might be an indication. But as I understand it your machine is below spec? Then the crashing can just as well be completely unrelated to any CC.

Test Subject
#71 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 4:17 AM
So...while I was waiting for my friend to come over, I added the mod again and loaded up a different save and checked on the main household and it was working fine.
I'm not really sure why it's working fine on this one and the other save, but I don't really mind as long as I can continue to play it without anyone disappearing.

So yeah. thank you for your assistance, sorry if I was a bit troublesome. and thank you to the one who made this mod
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GKnight86
So...while I was waiting for my friend to come over, I added the mod again and loaded up a different save and checked on the main household and it was working fine.
I'm not really sure why it's working fine on this one and the other save, but I don't really mind as long as I can continue to play it without anyone disappearing.

So yeah. thank you for your assistance, sorry if I was a bit troublesome. and thank you to the one who made this mod
Thank you who ever made this mod I haven't tried it yet but I am more willing to since I had family members disappear in the neighborhood already in my second generation.
Instructor
#73 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 3:59 PM
MasterDinadan, this is a game-saver. I've been building up a 'hood with an extended family in it for the past few days. Then, last night, one of the wives inside a household disappeared, and I remembered you were testing out this mod to stop Sims from disappearing. Happily, I kept backups, since as it turned out, the father of five children had disappeared two Sim weeks ago (er, sorry for not noticing earlier, Mr. Papa). Once I restored my backups and plopped this fix in my Mods folder, everyone has remained safe so far.

In short, I just had to thank you. :D
Test Subject
#74 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 6:44 PM
Man, if only I'd had this in my downloads folder a couple days ago. I played through several generations and then suddenly my sim's father just disappeared..I was so heartbroken about it..started my game all over, as the disappearance ruined my legacy family AND my story. Should I ever decide to play S4 again, I'm glad I'll have this mod! Thank you..if only EA cared as much as our modding community, smh.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 6:45 PM
I don't know if I am doing this wrong but the line you add in the resource file is in the resource file right where you edit with notepad? I don't think the mod is showing up is why I am asking its not in the mod list.
Locked thread | Locked by: Buzzler Reason: Obsolete and unsupported now.
Page 3 of 6