Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#2851 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 11:01 PM
I don't have that issue, Wicked, must be CC related.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2852 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 11:05 PM
This is Beau Broke's biography:
Beau finds it hard to escape his genetic destiny, but maybe with his mother's help he can beat the odds.

Can someone explain what exactly it means?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#2853 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 11:18 PM
It means the guy writing the bio had been told to be mysterious, and was ready for his coffee break.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#2854 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 11:34 PM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 14th Sep 2016 at 11:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
I don't have that issue, Wicked, must be CC related.

I decided to test it, as after I deleted my neighborhoodmanager file not too long ago all my visitor controllers on community lots unbanned everybody, easy to reset sure but annoying. Where the instances were different households, I went into a household, had them start reading a skill book, saved, exited lot, went back in...and it progressed just fine...if it was cc i'd think it'd keep happening, leading me to believe it's from deleting the neighborhoodmanager file.

Edit: Also once I re-ban people on the visitor controllers on community lots, I can go back and they are still banned, it's not re-occurring which is why it's the only thing I can think of.

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#2855 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 11:51 PM
Has anyone had the burgler go upstairs or go in a different door than the front? Cause I haven't, so I'm wondering if they even can.
Top Secret Researcher
#2856 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WildIrishBanshee
Has anyone had the burgler go upstairs or go in a different door than the front? Cause I haven't, so I'm wondering if they even can.

I've had a burglar go on the roof. In The Shifting Paradymes household a burglar went in the front door, up the stairs, outside to the balcony which has stairs that lead to the roof and up to the roof, to steal their instruments.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#2857 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 12:12 AM
They go for the most expensive, often the newest, item on the lot, so if that item is upstairs that's where they'll go.

In Sims 1, the burglar would enter by the door it perceived as closest to the portal, which might be the back door. In Sims 2, they seem to always go in what they perceive as the front door, which may or may not actually be the front door; but if you have a garage door or a back door that's being perceived as the front door, you'd know it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2858 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 12:24 AM
Usually my burglars just take toilets. I've seen them go upstairs and bypass the expensive TVs to steal a toilet.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#2859 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Usually my burglars just take toilets. I've seen them go upstairs and bypass the expensive TVs to steal a toilet.

They want to poop, evidently.
Mad Poster
#2860 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WildIrishBanshee

I had. It was pretty funny. I knew by scenario burglar will come to steal Caliente's exercise machine so I moved it to roof near hot tub. So burglar came and he was really after that object and went upstairs but on last step he met Nina who wanted go down and they stayed there both complaining that another one is blocking their patch.
Then police came and complained that he can't go up to catch burglar because he is standing at stairs and blocks stairs.
Mad Poster
#2861 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 1:31 AM
I have two apocalypse neighborhoods. In the best part of the hood, the preppers live. The bunkers don't have doors, I teleport the people in and out. Once a burglar braved the nuclear fallout and came sneaking around. And around and around and around. He sneaked around all night, but never could get in.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#2862 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 2:45 AM
Beau finds it hard to escape his genetic destiny, but maybe with his mother's help he can beat the odds.

Beau is hoping his mom finds a rich Sim to marry and rescue them

Lol idk that's what it meant to me. Brandi is a pretty sim, she had no problem attracting eligible bachelors in my game.

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Inventor
#2863 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 3:03 AM

I used to witness that all the time while playing my Sims 2 base game. These burglars always banked right after entering the house and sneaked into the bathroom before the cops caught them. Luckily, they've always lost to my sparkling white toilet and I get 500 simoleons as a reward. I honestly never saw a cop lose to a fight until after I got the UC.
Alchemist
#2864 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 4:30 AM

He's a Broke. The family is impoverished, and most likely has been for generations, with a last name like that, but maybe he can break out of the cycle of poverty, with Brandi's help.
Mad Poster
#2865 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 9:11 AM
That makes sense. Thank you.

Is there a way to stop the schoolbus from coming? Some of my teenage Sims want to use their cars.

Mad Poster
#2866 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 9:15 AM
Mad Poster
#2867 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 11:17 AM
Is there a way to stop the schoolbus from coming? Some of my teenage Sims want to use their cars.

If you register them as owners, they'll stop getting on the bus, but it won't stop the bus from coming. As far as I know, there is no mod to stop the bus showing up when it's not needed.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#2868 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 11:24 AM
Seems like your average Eaxian oversight. The carpool stops coming, but the buses don't.

Scholar
#2869 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
If you register them as owners, they'll stop getting on the bus, but it won't stop the bus from coming. As far as I know, there is no mod to stop the bus showing up when it's not needed.

Yes, there is such a mod. Inge Jones made the institution sign, which is found on this page.
Mad Poster
#2870 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 12:00 PM
Yes, but the institution sign also stops them from autonomously going to school, and if you forget to direct them yourself there's no penalty for missing school.

I wasn't going to tell anyone, but I suppose I will. I have long been working on a mod to do exactly what you want ihate, add more sense to carpool and schoolbus coding. The goal is to allow Sims to opt out of the carpool and the schoolbus if you rather have them drive or walk. That way you can have things like parents who prefer to drive their kids to work, Sims who walk to work because perhaps they work next door, and couples with one car that start work at the same time who want to carpool together in their own car.

I no longer have time to work on Sims stuff, but at some point in the future I'll finish it and share with you all. There's a lot of weird unforeseen kinks and glitches that are hard to figure out, so I have no idea when I'll finally crack it, but it'll happen one day.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#2871 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 6:18 PM
I want to change some premades' skin tones. I know there's a guide somewhere, but my duck-duck-go-fu is failing me.

Specifically, I'm using Pooklet's skins, there are something like forty-odd. I want to change some of the sims for more variety, not just use the four that are defaulted. So I need to know how to find the codes for the custom skins and where to put them in SimPE to get them to show and to be inheritable.

Does anyone have those directions bookmarked, please and thank you?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#2872 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 6:30 PM
I use this tutorial to geneticize skintones, http://rikkulidea.livejournal.com/23079.html i've found the "family (dtString)" line is the code for the particular skin tone

I have no idea how to change a Sim's skin tone to make it show though, sorry.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#2873 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 8:10 PM
You all talk so fast XD

I think the problem with just granting the sim free entry on the bandatron, is that it happens too fast to allow me to do that. The date will show up and then immediately be like "Hmm, that was okay, but we should do something more fun next time."

I just took them to a community lot instead. I will try "stop charging customers".

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#2874 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 8:30 PM
Can't you click the bandatron to allow free entry to a specific Sim? Nina Caliente turned her house into a party area and she let Don Lothario in free to influence him to fix the constantly-breaking toilets.

Scholar
#2875 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 8:50 PM
@simsfreq: Yeah, I think home businesses aren't ideal for the use of a bandatron.

@ihatemandatoryregister: that's what I had already suggested. But that's where it went sideways... If I understood it correctly, the sim appeared, found a closed business, and left before simsfreq had time to set up their free admission. You would have to set that up while the store is *open*.
Page 115 of 1346