Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Male Facial Hair First Aid pack - from stubble to lashes and brows!!

by Arisuka Posted 8th Mar 2010 at 4:21 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2011 at 6:27 AM by Arisuka

87 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 4:16 AM
Yay! These are awesome! Thanks! :D
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 5:52 AM
Fantastic job! Thank you very much.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 6:37 AM
Thanks so much Arisuka, you are the facial enhancer queen with your eyebags and now thes facial hair for our simmies. My Chace Crawford Sim so needs the lower lashes.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
Thanks for liking it. :D

God, I should never read blog comments, it's a real mood killer reading those totally ungrateful comments after hard work...

Hi Arisuka, thanks so much for all your hard work and for sharing it with us.

Don't let the comments of ungrateful people upset you. They should try and create content themselves if they are not satisfied.

Just remember that for every one person that is ungrateful there are thousands more of us who are so very grateful for the hard work. It just blows my mind that people can be so ungrateful and whiney about stuff that is obviously challenging to create which they receive for free.

Anyway for you and all the other creators out there who are so generous with their creations. Sims would be nothing without you and I for one would not play anymore. :p
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 9:55 AM
Oh, Thank you SIMCITIZEN4, that was very nicely said!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 10:41 AM
Thank you so much. i was seriously peeved when i saw the selection of r the stubble. It's like you either had all or nothing and i like just a litte stubble. Makes me mad that they encluded the stubble with the beards..

Edit: I was meaning the maxis selection, not your. Just encase anyone was confused as to who i was complaining about.. lol Yours are extremly helpful.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ganymede30324
These are AWESOME! (As far as the coloring goes, facial hair is normally somewhat darker than 'head' hair naturally.)

I agree, infact, my goatee is completely grey, and I still have my natural color head of hair (haha) with slight streaks of grey of course. But great job! Now, if I can find body hair for men!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bobbo662
Now, if I can find body hair for men!

Aikea Guinea has made body hair, chek it out.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 8:55 PM
You know what I love most about the posted pics is how the main guy looks exactly like Brendan Frasier in Bedazzled.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMCITIZEN4
Hi Arisuka, thanks so much for all your hard work and for sharing it with us.

Don't let the comments of ungrateful people upset you. They should try and create content themselves if they are not satisfied.

Just remember that for every one person that is ungrateful there are thousands more of us who are so very grateful for the hard work. It just blows my mind that people can be so ungrateful and whiney about stuff that is obviously challenging to create which they receive for free.

Anyway for you and all the other creators out there who are so generous with their creations. Sims would be nothing without you and I for one would not play anymore. :p

Its kinda indulgent for yall to be calling some of us ungrateful. I love Arisuka's stuff and I have already thanked her thread, but she has said that she would provide recolorable versions eventually.

I'm just saying, not trying to flame, but don't throw yourselves up on a some huge pedestal of thanks and praise to make us look bad.

Party up in here! BYOO!! Bring Your Own Overalls!!!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 1:09 PM
Nah, I know that the vast majority of people by far don't want to put me down and discourage me intentionally, what's the sense in that anyway, is it any use if I'll once be really offended and take all my stuff down and never make anything again (and I mean the anonymous hit-and-run blog comments that aren't very constructive)?

I'm not ranking anyone based on what they say and wheter it pleases me or not.

I appreciate all good critique, and to return to the Recoloring, it's impossible to predict the response to a creation, and I wasn't quite prepared to have such demand for recolorable version for the beards. But I'm working on it, I'm not a machine that just poops cool sim-stuff for everyone, and if anyone has ever tried doing CC, IT'S HARD TO LEARN TO DO NEW THINGS.

Enjoy my other facial hair meanwhile, if you are waiting for having purple beards.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 1:10 PM
These will be very useful! thank you and your model is lurvely, you should upload him
Test Subject
#38 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 4:27 PM
omg i was like these are amazaballs! then I saw the were for TS3 T_T
they're great but can you make them for TS2?
when i get a better computer. i'll definatetly get these for my ts3 i HAVE IT BUT i cant run it
Forum Resident
#39 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 5:37 PM
Finally a beard for my Larry Butz sim, thanks!

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 7:12 PM Last edited by Arisuka : 10th Mar 2010 at 8:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kitty Paine
Finally a beard for my Larry Butz sim, thanks!

HAHA, what a coincidence! :D

Quote: Originally posted by Gethsemani
they're great but can you make them for TS2?

I don't think I'll do them for TS2, since I've never made anything for it before.. But if some TS2 creator would like to convert them for it, go ahead.

Quote: Originally posted by Nyn
These will be very useful! thank you and your model is lurvely, you should upload him

He's totally randomly made, but I think I have him saved somewhere...
Maybe someday I'll upload a bunch of really cool dudesy dudes, when I have more time!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
I appreciate all good critique, and to return to the Recoloring, it's impossible to predict the response to a creation, and I wasn't quite prepared to have such demand for recolorable version for the beards. But I'm working on it, I'm not a machine that just poops cool sim-stuff for everyone, and if anyone has ever tried doing CC, IT'S HARD TO LEARN TO DO NEW THINGS.

Yes, you and I both, as a machinima artist Its not good to see "This sux" nor is it any better to see "This is sooo great"

Anyway, that comment wasn't really for you, but Ok, i still <3 u.

Party up in here! BYOO!! Bring Your Own Overalls!!!
Field Researcher
#42 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 4:21 AM
I second that - you should upload your guy in the main picture - he's lovely - would love to have him in my game too.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 6:15 AM
These look awesome, thank you so much for all your hard work!
Field Researcher
#44 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 12:13 AM
I love these will get them when they are recolorable for my fairer sims, but love them for the dark-haired ones.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 7:39 PM
I read my comment again and I can't believe how I sounded! I am really sorry if I came off as ungrateful. As a creator I know how it feels to get snooty comments. You don't have to share what you make with anyone but you do. And I appreciate that. Your facial hairs are great! And I like how natural they look. I should have told you that before instead. :D
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AyameS
I read my comment again and I can't believe how I sounded! I am really sorry if I came off as ungrateful. As a creator I know how it feels to get snooty comments. You don't have to share what you make with anyone but you do. And I appreciate that. Your facial hairs are great! And I like how natural they look. I should have told you that before instead. :D

No, that didn't sound ungrateful, don't worry about it! I'm happy that you like my stuff.
Test Subject
#47 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 4:37 PM
I really want this when it becomes recolorable.
Question: How do you change type of eyelash? Will they be under accersories, hair, eyebrows, ect?

And one more thing:
The model looks like Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man and the son in Home For The Holidays)

Never let a computer know you’re in a hurry.
Test Subject
#48 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 3:03 AM
Do the beards replace the ones in game?
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 5:44 PM
I love facial hair for my Sims. Right now, I don't have many blond or red-haired Sims, so it's okay for me that they aren't recolorable. I can wait for the update. For now, though, I'm very glad to have some facial hair that DOESN'T look strange or awkward. Tahnks!
Test Subject
#50 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 11:34 PM
I think these are totally awesome. Most guys I make are dark skinned so who cares if I can recolor,lol, but...I checked the Instructions where to put them, & when I went into c file, under EA & SIMS3, there was no folder named Mod or Packages...I do have a Downloads folder in the SIM folder in my Documents...in SIMS2 they go there. So is it possible the sinle files go there in SIMS3 as well?
Page 2 of 4