Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Under-The-Stairs Storage Set

by mustluvcatz Posted 22nd May 2014 at 3:41 PM - Updated 10th Jul 2014 at 6:41 PM by mustluvcatz

206 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 160 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#76 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 8:04 PM
Congrats on your feature!!! (Of course this is featured - It's gob-smakin' wonderful!!!) Huzzah :D
Test Subject
#77 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 12:16 AM
Can't find any "Open Underneath"??? LOVE the idea..don't have any stairs open underneath in my game so..can't get this...
Mad Poster
#78 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 8:35 AM
I love the idea, but hate that I have to choose between it and working lights. (The Scriptorium for all the open underneath stairs I found made certain lights not work in my game. I had to re-install to completely get the Scriptorium out of my instillation files to get the lights working again.) I just wish that it would work with normal stair cases so I wouldn't have to choose between it and working lights.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 2:14 PM
This looks fantastic - I'm dying to try it out! I've always thought that the gap under stairs was a waste of space! Many thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 2:37 PM
Awesome idea! Very creative!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 3:18 PM
Tabitha27 - there are lots of open underneath stairs right here @ MTS. I didn't link to any in the post because there are so many. While these meshes are sized to fit under modular stairs, they can be used with regular staircases that are open underneath. There just might be a tiny little gap. HugeLunatic, crocobaura, Reyn, tbudgett - check out their profiles for a start. All of them have made open underneath stairs/staircases.

Orilon - Sorry to hear about that. I don't use the Scriptorium (I just edit the modular stairs script - *is fearless*, lol) so, well.... if anything I ever make doesn't play nice with it, I'd have no way of knowing that. That said- like I told Tabitha27 above (and said in the post), these meshes WILL work with regular staircases that are open underneath. There just might be a tiny gap. When doing the screenshots for Part 2 - I used an open underneath staircase that I made. It's the 3rd screenshot down in the post- there is a tiny gap but it's not really obvious. So it may be worth trying regular staircases that are open underneath.

If anyone else that uses the Scriptorium notices any kind of problems, could you let me know? I don't have any kind of work around in mind, but it'd be nice to know if there are any kind of conflicts that I should mention.
THANKS POST
#82 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 2:53 AM
Neat! I've always hated staircase of nothingness
Test Subject
#83 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 7:08 AM
I can't seem to get these to show up in my downloads when opening the launcher. I unzipped the file, copied the folder into Documents/ Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages with no success. I tried copying the folder directly into Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads , also with no success..... I also tried copying the files within the folder into both Mods/Packages and The Sims 3/Downloads and neither worked..

I'm also having the same problem with Merola64's ; Pile of Clothes Dresser.....

Any feedback would be much appreciated, I really love the idea!
Mad Poster
#84 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 8:12 AM
This is a Sims 2 download, and Sims 2 downloads don't work in Sims 3. Same with Merola64's pile of clothes dresser. Objects for one game doesn't work in the other game unless it has been converted for the other game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 7:08 PM
Amazing! Thank you!
Test Subject
#86 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
This is a Sims 2 download, and Sims 2 downloads don't work in Sims 3. Same with Merola64's pile of clothes dresser. Objects for one game doesn't work in the other game unless it has been converted for the other game.

Ah thanks for the response! I kind of thought that was the problem but as far as I can remember I didn't see anything specifying which game its for. Anyways thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 12:10 AM
This is just beautiful! And fixes a long time problem of wasted space. Love it! Thank you very much!
THANKS POST
#88 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 3:42 AM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 1:45 PM
The whole time I wanted something, that fits under the stairs and now I have found it. Thanks a lot!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 2:38 PM
YES!!! I was waiting for something like this for so long, thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 8:50 PM
What a great object. Thank you!!
THANKS POST
#92 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 8:41 PM
TS2 meu favorito na franquia The Sims. Lindo seu projeto.
Banned
THANKS POST
#93 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 7:42 PM
This is a great idea, you've done a good job on this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 11:00 PM
this is awesonme
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 3:42 AM
What a wonderful idea! Makes it more like my real stairs at home!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 1:25 PM
Thank you so much! This is perfect for what I needed. Such a space saver. This works in real life, so it's great to have it in-game, too! I adore you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 8:13 PM
thanks ^^
Instructor
THANKS POST
#98 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 2:46 AM
It looks beautiful! thank you for making this :D
Test Subject
#99 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:31 PM
You could make it for TS3 i really needed it :/
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#100 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 7:13 PM
This is such a great object! It'll be perfect for placing little decorative knick-knacks and things! Thank you so much! :D
Page 4 of 9