Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Under-The-Stairs Storage Set

by mustluvcatz Posted 22nd May 2014 at 3:41 PM - Updated 10th Jul 2014 at 6:41 PM by mustluvcatz

206 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 160 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 9
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 11:55 AM
wow! it's comfortably
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 6:01 PM
Clever! Nicely done.
THANKS POST
#103 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 6:10 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#104 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 5:22 AM
Where has this been all my life??? I love this!! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 5:46 AM
Awesome, I love these. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 1:31 PM
Absolutely brilliant idea. Thanks. This will definitely make the homes nicer looking. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 10:42 AM
This is great I always hated the wasted areas
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#108 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 6:15 AM
excellent job!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#109 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 3:20 PM
For any TS3 players who have mentioned having this for TS3, Everlasting-Garden @ tumblr has converted this to TS3!! http://everlasting-garden.tumblr.co...ited-understair
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#110 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 3:51 PM
I love this so much as well! The only problem I have is that neither the desk nor the bench work. If I use move_objects on, they fit underneath, but are unusable. Am I the only one having this problem? The shelves and fake closets work wonderfully!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#111 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 12:43 AM
SmilingAudibly - Nobody has said anything that I know of. And you shouldn't have to use moveobjects on.... I'm pretty sure I added the BHAV to every mesh. Hopefully someone will report any problems they might be having. LOL @ that: me hoping someone has a problem. But since all the meshes work as they should for me, I'm not sure why you would be having any trouble.

BTW- the closets (armoires, really) aren't fake. They're functional, your sims can change clothes. (Although I DO have fake closets that you can download that aren't part of the Under-The-Stairs Storage sets.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 1:55 PM
wow fantastic
Test Subject
#113 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 8:32 PM
I'm having trouble with the desk, too
I love the mesh, it's my attempt at moving into more custom content. I did play with the closets and stuck clothing in the drawers for the unit designed for the desk. My issue is just making the entire thing work until the stairs with the desk. The desk won't place in it's space, if the master piece is under the stairs. If it's not under the stairs, then I'm all set. My sim also wouldn't pick up his homework off of the desk. If I place the piece, with the desk, then try to drop modular stairs over it, the game doesn't like that, either. I'm working with the mirror one, right now, but want to try it some other houses and see what happens. I am not running the script mess that appears on some of the other underneath stair mods and am wondering if that's part of the issue? [

QUOTE=mustluvcatz]SmilingAudibly - Nobody has said anything that I know of. And you shouldn't have to use moveobjects on.... I'm pretty sure I added the BHAV to every mesh. Hopefully someone will report any problems they might be having. LOL @ that: me hoping someone has a problem. But since all the meshes work as they should for me, I'm not sure why you would be having any trouble.

BTW- the closets (armoires, really) aren't fake. They're functional, your sims can change clothes. (Although I DO have fake closets that you can download that aren't part of the Under-The-Stairs Storage sets.)[/QUOTE]
THANKS POST
#114 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:11 AM
its amazing
Test Subject
#115 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 7:40 PM
Could you please make this for TS3? It's an amazing idea/object.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 1:04 PM
I love this! I will sign it my favourite! "I love it!"! =DD Thank you! <33
Test Subject
#117 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 4:37 PM
I did get the homework finished. Just had to place a chair, and suddenly the kid figured out how to do it. But the desk piece will only fit in half of the desk space, which means it sticks out beyond the storage area on one end, and leaves a space before the storage doors on the other. I'm going to try cheats next to slide it over and see how that works.

Quote: Originally posted by MrsTMT
I love the mesh, it's my attempt at moving into more custom content. I did play with the closets and stuck clothing in the drawers for the unit designed for the desk. My issue is just making the entire thing work until the stairs with the desk. The desk won't place in it's space, if the master piece is under the stairs. If it's not under the stairs, then I'm all set. My sim also wouldn't pick up his homework off of the desk. If I place the piece, with the desk, then try to drop modular stairs over it, the game doesn't like that, either. I'm working with the mirror one, right now, but want to try it some other houses and see what happens. I am not running the script mess that appears on some of the other underneath stair mods and am wondering if that's part of the issue?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#118 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 5:03 PM
GenuineGem - Everlasting Garden converted this for TS3. I added a link to the download in the post.

MrsTMT - Glad to hear you got the homework problem figured out. I was pretty sure I didn't mess with the homework slot at all. As for the desk not fitting in the opening- that's the mirrored one? The mirrored one was doing the same thing in my game and it turned out I had an older version of it. Which is odd because I can't figure out when it got into my downloads folder- the desk in the screenshot was the right one. I'll have to check this out- maybe I uploaded the older version somehow. Are you still having the stairs/master piece placing problem you mentioned?
Test Subject
#119 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
SmilingAudibly - Nobody has said anything that I know of. And you shouldn't have to use moveobjects on.... I'm pretty sure I added the BHAV to every mesh. Hopefully someone will report any problems they might be having. LOL @ that: me hoping someone has a problem. But since all the meshes work as they should for me, I'm not sure why you would be having any trouble.

BTW- the closets (armoires, really) aren't fake. They're functional, your sims can change clothes. (Although I DO have fake closets that you can download that aren't part of the Under-The-Stairs Storage sets.)

Oops! I have your fake closets downloaded and forgot that the ones for under the stairs do work (just don't fit under the stairs)

I took some pictures to show what the problem looks like - I tried both the mirrored and regular but neither work. I also just had a thought - maybe the exact modular stairs I downloaded are the problem? They were from Crocobura I think.
Screenshots
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 8:51 PM
SmilingAudibly - Could you try different stairs and see if it works then? The only open underneath modular stairs I use are Numenor's, Reyn's (she has one that's slaved to Numenor's) and Jeka's (log modular stairs). I do have others, I just never use them. I have no problems placing any of the meshes under any of those.

And wait! Do you mean the fake closets don't fit under the stairs? Or is it the closets I made for this set that don't?
Test Subject
#121 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 11:36 PM
Success! I downloaded Numenor's and Ryen's open underneath stairs and everything now works perfectly.

Quote:
And wait! Do you mean the fake closets don't fit under the stairs? Or is it the closets I made for this set that don't?
Haha I'm sorry, I just meant the closets you made for under the stairs didn't work under the stairs in my game, just like the desk and bench wouldn't. But now they do! :D
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#122 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 4:05 AM
SmilingAudibly - Yay! *sigh of relief* Crocobura's stairs must not allow anything to be put in that first tile. I'll have to update the post to mention that.

MrsTMT - I forgot to ask you if you're sure you're using the right desk. If you try putting the wrong one in the little cubby it will either stick out on one end or be too far in and stick into the little cupboards. (Depending on which one you're trying to use.) According to my downloads folder the desks I have now are the ones that are in the set here- and they work fine in my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 7:11 AM
Thanks, genius :)
Test Subject
#124 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 11:15 PM
Thanks for looking into it! I am still having the issue, but for the time being decided I had hung out on that property for long enough and moved on to another house in the town to try to keep everyone aging together... those kids all need to go to college around the same time to keep the generations sane! Anyway, looking forward to continuing to play with it. I'd love to hear what you find out.

Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
GenuineGem - Everlasting Garden converted this for TS3. I added a link to the download in the post.

MrsTMT - Glad to hear you got the homework problem figured out. I was pretty sure I didn't mess with the homework slot at all. As for the desk not fitting in the opening- that's the mirrored one? The mirrored one was doing the same thing in my game and it turned out I had an older version of it. Which is odd because I can't figure out when it got into my downloads folder- the desk in the screenshot was the right one. I'll have to check this out- maybe I uploaded the older version somehow. Are you still having the stairs/master piece placing problem you mentioned?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 4:09 AM
This is very nice! Too bad I cannot find the correct staircase to use.
Page 5 of 9