Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#201 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twilightessance
/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.thesimspetstories.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Electronic Arts/The Sims Pet Stories/Downloads

Press cmd+shift+G to bring up a search window and type in ~/library to access this directory.

This is for anyone trying to mod these games, I finally figured it out! Though some mods (like, of course the Sim Blender) absolutely will not work. They load into the game but there is no picture and you can't place anything in the world to interact with. The Sim Manipulator is really close to it though and most of that works, so I'm pretty happy with the game now. xD

Maybe you are not looking in the correct place? The Sim Blender looks like a potted Tree and it appears in the Miscellaneous -> Miscellaneous section, on the Sims 2. Is there a category of items that corresponds to the Miscellaneous -> Miscellaneous section? If so look there and see if you can find a Potted Tree.

If you want to have easy access to your Downloads folder, go to where it is in the Path using Go To Folder and then drag the Downloads Folder to the Dock and you will not actually move the folder but a copy of the Folder will show up in the Dock and it is then easy to get to. Also you can drag the Downloads folder to the Finder Side Bar and that gives you easy access to it from the Finder Side Bar
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 12:01 PM
Apologies for digging this thread up, but it made sense as it's a Super Collection issue.

Has anyone had any luck installing the Scriptorium? I've found that I'm not able to edit any of the text documents to add new lines of code, it only allows me to save a duplicate. This is fine, but I'm a bit wary of replacing the original documents with duplicates and don't want it to mess up my game. I can live without it, but was wondering if there were any success stories.

May the force be with you because you're worth it
Field Researcher
#203 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hencing
Apologies for digging this thread up, but it made sense as it's a Super Collection issue.

Has anyone had any luck installing the Scriptorium? I've found that I'm not able to edit any of the text documents to add new lines of code, it only allows me to save a duplicate. This is fine, but I'm a bit wary of replacing the original documents with duplicates and don't want it to mess up my game. I can live without it, but was wondering if there were any success stories.

I've only done very basic testing so far (I've added modular stairs and placed them in build mode, but haven't used them in live mode yet), but yes, it seems to work.

The modularstairs.txt and other documents are owned by root, so you need a higher level of privilege to edit them directly. If you're comfortable in Terminal and with vi, you can edit them directly using "sudo vi". If you're not comfortable with Terminal and vi, then I'd suggest trying the following instead:

1. Make a copy of The Sims 2 Super Collection.app to another location. This is your backup in case you mess up the application while editing it, and should save you from having to do a 7GB download to start again from scratch. I make a zipped copy of it to a separate disk that I use for backups. I made one backup after putting in the CEP, another after disabling all the stealth hoods, and so on.
  2. Right click on Sims 2 Super Collection.app and select "Show Package Contents". Go to Contents -> Home -> TSData -> Res -> Catalog -> Scripts.
  3. Edit modularstairs.txt and let it create the duplicate when it tells you you can't edit it.
  4. Add the extra 'wildInclude "Scriptorium_ModularStairs\*.*"' line to the duplicate.
  5. Either delete or rename the original modularstairs.txt file.
  6. Rename your duplicate file to modularstairs.txt.
  7. From within the Scripts directory, select File -> New Folder and create "Scriptorium_ModularStairs".
  8. Select the Scriptorium_ModularStairs folder, then File -> Make Alias.
  9. Drag the alias created to your Downloads folder, then delete the original alias from the Scripts folder (because it'll copy rather than move it).
  10. Use the alias in Downloads to move your scripts to the folder, which will save you having to open the package all the time.
  11. Return to step 2 and repeat for the other Scriptorium folders, as per Numenor's original instructions for manual install.

You'll have to use your administrator password to okay most of these steps, but the Scriptorium folders themselves will be created with your login as owner rather than root, so you probably won't have to type in your password every time you want to add another set of stairs (or whatever). So once it's set up, it should be fairly painless for subsequent additions.
Top Secret Researcher
#204 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hallyyann_
I have a Macbook Pro. I recently downloaded The Sims 2 Super Collection game and I want to get custom content. I have already enabled it in the game and I have done the library thing and created a "Downloads" folder in there. However, I don't know what to use to extract the files and what to do from there? I download "Stuffit" because that was the extractor it says to use in the install instructions on peoples custom content, so I done that but with everything I downloaded and put in there it would come up with error occurred? Please help? and if anyone knows, please explain what I have to do from there too! Thank you x

Any thing you download will need to be decoded and uncompressed before you place it in Downloads folder that is with in your Sims 2 folder. So you might not have properly decodced and uncompressed your downloaded files. If you are using StuffIt Expander you need to configure it work with the files that you are downloading. Launch StuffIt Expanderand set the Preferences inside the App, look at the File Formats and make sure that the file extensions of the downloaded are set in StuffIt Expander.

Then try to expand the file file and if your result is something.package then you should generally speaking go ahead and put it into your Downloads folder.

Also what is the error that occurs?
Test Subject
#205 Old 16th May 2016 at 6:11 PM
Default CEP extras issues??
Hi, I have installed the CEP and the extras. Now when I open the game it says that the extras may cause conflicts? I've attached a link to a photo, I hope it works. Does anyone know if this will actually mess up my game or not? I've been too afraid to actually try and play it to avoid serious conflicts that will make me have to redownload the game seeing how i did not back it up first like a dummy.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qd4qrwsie...%20PM.jpeg?dl=0
Please help and thanks in advance!
Field Researcher
#206 Old 17th May 2016 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kjbailey
Hi, I have installed the CEP and the extras. Now when I open the game it says that the extras may cause conflicts? I've attached a link to a photo, I hope it works. Does anyone know if this will actually mess up my game or not?

That's perfectly normal to see - it's the same warning message you get whenever you install custom content. Your screenshot shows that the settings on that screen are correct (Enable Custom Content is selected), so all you need to do now is go into Game Options once you have the game running and click on the icon like a flower petal, then set Display Custom Content Dialog at Startup to Off). After that you won't get the warning message any more, and the CEP extras and any additional custom content you add should work.

(It's not a Mac issue, other than the CEP is rather more fiddly to set up on a Mac. You'd see that same warning on a PC game as well. You need to see it at least once so you can enable custom content, but after that you can go to Game Options and hide it, as described above.)
Test Subject
#207 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 2:51 AM
Hey guys!
I've been a Windows user for the Sims 2 for 10+ years. So as you can well imagine, transitioning from that to a mac, is super confusing!
I recently downloaded The Sims 2 Super Collection, and I typically download heavy custom content.
All CC is enabled both in the start up window before you select a hood to play in, and in the settings in neighborhood view. I've downloaded stuffit and another application to unzip zip files, and rar files. The downloads that HAVE worked are a set of eye colors, and some neighborhood deco. All of which are placed properly in my downloads folder, and in a single sub folder. THOSE work. Yay.
As far as sims2pack files, Nothin. As far as I'm concerned, I need to download the Pack installer and Body shop which I have done.
The problem is, which I assume all of you may be facing as well, when I double click sims2pack files to install, it will not let me.
A message pops up telling me I dont have the required Expansion packs. Which okay, makes sense because The Super Collection doesn't include Apartment Life, and Freetime. And most downloads require all expansion packs. But, what I do know is that the package installer helps with that.
Because you can still download full lots, or custom made sims regardless if you have the required expansion packs. IF you use the package installer to install them. Thats the whole job of the package installer, right? My question is: is there a mac version of the Package installer I could download?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#208 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ryrySimmy
what I do know is that the package installer helps with that.
Because you can still download full lots, or custom made sims regardless if you have the required expansion packs. IF you use the package installer to install them. Thats the whole job of the package installer, right? My question is: is there a mac version of the Package installer I could download?

That is incorrect. Lots, even bare empty lots require that you the downloader have the same or higher game engine than the person who uploaded the lot. When you use Clean Insatller it should show you what game engine the uploader was using. If it's an EP after your latest it won't show in your game.

I have a couple of lots that I made as Mac compatible for a friend using AGS if you are interested.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ryrySimmy

joandsarah is right, I am facing the same trouble on my Mac, if someone packed a Sim or a house with AL and FT installed, I can not use the package installer. What sometimes works is Mac Unpac from DJS Sims, at least with Sims. And in general Mac Unpac has the benefit that if you install houses and Sims in general, it will name the individual package files instead of a wild assortment of numbers and letters.

Mac Unpac is still running on El Capitan, but I somehow managed to let the original Sims game run on El Capitan, too. I have not tested Mac Unpac with the Supercollection. I own it, but never found a workaround for the Mac file limit that really worked, and gave up trying to play it. If you have any Sims/Mac related questions, feel free to contact me, I think the Mac Simmers really need to stick together :-)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#210 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 12:19 PM
It shouldn't matter with sims I don't think.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#211 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 12:41 PM
I tried it before I wrote that post. I could not install one Sim with the regular package installer, I received the same message the OP posted. It only worked with Mac Unpac. A lot of things regarding the Sims are different on a Mac, and a lot of things donĀ“t make sense :-)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#212 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 12:54 PM
I meant the EP, not how to install. I've heard Mac Unpack is the best thing to use.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#213 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 6:27 PM
I will really like to download lots and houses but everytime I try the houses dosent show up in my game( what can I do?? can somebody plz help me...
Top Secret Researcher
#214 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabiglos
I will really like to download lots and houses but everytime I try the houses dosent show up in my game( what can I do?? can somebody plz help me...

I think it is likely that you are trying to download lots and houses that are NOT Compatible with your Sims 2 game.

For example if the person uploaded a lot or house that was created using a Sims 2 game that has Free Time and or Apartment Life, that lot or house Will NOT be Compatible with your game. Sorry.

Sometimes you can find lots that were created using AGS and those will work. Check the description and assume that the lot or house will likely not work if it doesn't state that it was created with Any Game Starter.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#215 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 5:54 AM

@Gabiglos
You have up to Apartment Life, but do you have M&G? M&G is really an EP masquerading as an SP, it changed the game engine. You should be able to install lots that don't have M&G.

Also are you using Clean Installer?

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#216 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Gabiglos
You have up to Apartment Life, but do you have M&G? M&G is really an EP masquerading as an SP, it changed the game engine. You should be able to install lots that don't have M&G.

Also are you using Clean Installer?

I guess that they are NOT using The Sims 2: Super Collection if are playing with Apartment Life.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#217 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 12:09 PM
True. I was going to say people get the UC and the SC mixed up, but if they don't have M&G they don't have that either.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#218 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 12:41 PM
Thank u for replying me) yeah that's the problem, i am only using the super collection because i only have a macbook, but it's there a way that i can download houses?? or does somebody know if i can download the apartment life for mac??
Top Secret Researcher
#219 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 1:00 PM
Thank u for replying me) yeah that's the problem, i am only using the super collection because i only have a macbook, but it's there a way that i can download houses?? or does somebody know if i can download the apartment life for mac??

Apartment Life and Free Time are only available for PCs. Those expansions were never ported to the Mac and simply NOT available for those who use Macs to play.

You should alter your Profile Information where it has a list of what Sim games you have, You only have up to Bon Voyage and you should not have Free Time or Apartment Life in your List.

Then when you have the correct info in yur Profile you can use this site's Filtering System to just show you Content that should be Compatible. My experience has been good, I search for Mac compatible content by the EPs and SPs I have listed and this site's Filtering System works very well for me.

If you set it up correctly like I did, then you should be able to find content that is compatible a lot easier and you might even find some Houses and Lots that will work for Macs.

If you play The Sims 2: Super Collection you should have all of the Sims 2 games checked off EXCEPT for Free Time and Apartment Life.
In Stuff Packs Only have Happy Holidays, Family Fun and Glamour Life checked off.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#220 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 1:03 PM
Gabiglos your profile says you have Apartment life. You might want to go and edit your profile to take away the EP's and Sp's that you don't have. Unfortuantly EA never made EP's for mac past BV so you can only download houses for base game to BV. The only way to get AL is to get a Windows partition.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#221 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Gabiglos your profile says you have Apartment life. You might want to go and edit your profile to take away the EP's and Sp's that you don't have. Unfortuantly EA never made EP's for mac past BV so you can only download houses for base game to BV. The only way to get AL is to get a Windows partition.

Umm EA had a company called Aspyr, contract to Port the game and what EPs and SPs we have for the Mac for them. I think they had a falling out, not sure , but never mind that.

Me I just build my own houses and businesses, I build from scratch to suit my self or I remodel an existing design, many times I do multiple remodels and additions and add more floors. LOL.

I particularly like OFB and I made a number of businesses from scratch like a Starbucks, an Auto Dealer, a florist, and a chess club for example.

I like building and to me it is not hard.

Test Subject
#222 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 4:33 PM
Okay thank guys for that, 5 years ago i had an PC and i had all the sims 2 games that's why my profile says apartment life and all the others games, but because my PC got ruined 3 years ago and i needed a new laptop for school i bought a mac but again thx for your time and help
Test Subject
#223 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 7:36 AM
I just downloaded a bunch of default hair replacements only to find they don't work in my game. Other hair additions do. Can I change a default replacement hair to an extra hair?
Lab Assistant
#224 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happymama2rose
I just downloaded a bunch of default hair replacements only to find they don't work in my game. Other hair additions do. Can I change a default replacement hair to an extra hair?

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly. If the default does not work, you can always go back to the original hair the creator used for the default. It is common practice nowadays that the maker of the default replacement names the creator who made the hair in the first place. I picked a random example here.

It might also be interesting to look into the issue why the defaults did not work. Can you link to the hair that did not work? Do you have the expansion that is necessary for the hair to work?
Test Subject
#225 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 3:30 PM Last edited by kimmykola : 30th Mar 2017 at 4:14 PM.
It's a jungle in here. Could somebody list down the steps to be able to download cc for the super collection on mac?

I have picked this up so far
enable custom content in game - create a 'downloads' folder - install ts2 package installer - install Clean Installer - download unpacking program

Am I missing anything? please tell me!

Also, I can't run the exe installer for clean installer. I've been trying finding the MacUnpac for download, but can't track it down.
Page 9 of 11