Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 4:17 PM
Default problems installing multiple walls and floors
I am attempting to use Clean Installer 1.5.1.4 to install multiple sims2pack files of walls and floors. I downloaded about 50 of these files. I've read through the manual on the Clean Installer site and it seems like I am doing everything right, but it's just not working.

I moved the 50 files to a separate folder away from the downloads hoping this would make things easier. I opened Clean Installer and selected the directory where I put the files. My computer just sat there with the hard drive light flashing away. I let it sit for 10 min or so, but the files were not showing up in the program.

So I tried a different method. I went to the folder and selected all the files. I did a right-click -> open with -> clean installer. Basically the same thing happened. I let it sit for 30 min or so this time.

I tried reinstalling Clean Installer and rebooting my computer with no success. I figured it would be easier to use this program than click on all files and install the old fashioned way. I could have already installed them all that way! Ugh. I feel like an idiot. Am I missing something?

BREAKING NEWS! Toilet stolen from police station. The cops have nothing to go on.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 4:21 PM
The Clean Installer is really for dealing with single Sims2Pack files. What you need is the all shiny, all flashy Multi Sims2Pack Installer by Delphy:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=37577
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
The Clean Installer is really for dealing with single Sims2Pack files. What you need is the all shiny, all flashy Multi Sims2Pack Installer by Delphy:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=37577

Thank you! That was easy. I installed all my walls and floors in about 3 seconds. :D

BREAKING NEWS! Toilet stolen from police station. The cops have nothing to go on.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 10:40 PM
It's a great little program, I don't know how people can bear to install walls and floors without it! Glad it worked for you.