Replies: 4408 (Who?), Viewed: 146536 times.
Page 177 of 177
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4401 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 8:47 PM
Will there ever come a day when people and businesses stop using ( or trying to to use) FOMO as a way to get agreement or what they want?

For the past couple of weeks, almost daily I get snail mail junk mail that loves to tell me about how company ( fill in the blank) did work in my neighborhood and said company wants to make me 'a deal.' Change the wording slightly and the credit card companies are also up to their usual nonsense.

I'm not one of those creepy people that keeps close tabs on my neighbors, but my neighborhood does have a ebb and flow to it like any other neighborhood. Landscapers show up at certain houses on certain days, trash day is different for everybody, ect... That being said, I would notice if one of my neighbors was having new windows put in or a new roof put on. None of that is stuff is happening right now in my neighborhood. People are busy gardening, working on things, hiding from society and in the case of my PITA neighbor next door, riding his dirt bike at 10 PM because he thinks he's special.

Of course the FOMO doesn't end there. A company called Thrive Market has been sponsoring a lot of YT content I've been watching lately. If people want what they sell without the membership fees, VitaCost sells the same stuff. I digress. These YouTubers have been thumping their artificial green-ness lately about how people should sign up so they can buy cleaners that don't really clean anything or trigger allergies in the case of Ms.Myers.

While these talking heads are acting like advertisements in preaching about saving the planet, if you look at their channels, you'll see the truth. These people spend lots of time and money, shopping. None of it is for 'green things' it's just crap that about 6 months later they complain about. The complaints go something like this " My house is a mess! I don't understand why / its the kids fault." And my personal favorite lately is people that are house hunting. They'll talk all day long about how green people should be, but will send endless praise to the heavens for the 6,000 square foot house they are wanting to buy. Apparently these large homes that are crammed in with a whole bunch of other cookie cutter houses that look just like it heat / cool and maintain themselves. I haven't seen any solar panels on these homes, so I guess gnomes supply things like electricity and natural gas in order to cook.

All of it is so stupid! People should practice what they preach or STFU. Also stop wasting my time with stupid things in the mail. My paper shredder has been getting a real workout lately.
Mad Poster
#4402 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 6:56 PM
Still feeling like not wanting to get up.
Still sleeping until noon.
Still drinking seltzer as part of a way to flush out anything and finally arrive for my appointment at the end of next month ready to handle being operated on.

Still...not playing with my Sims.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4403 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 10:48 PM
Dumb thing for the day.

I've been waiting for Lowe's to get more forsythia so we can plant them in The Pit. Because they've been sold out, they have a "Notify Me" button on their site so customers will be notified when they get more in. Long story short, I would have been waiting until next year before they actually let me know as the only time Lowe's sells forsythia is when it is flowering. This isn't just for forsythia, it is for any plant that flowers.

I'd like to know what corporate goon thought this was a good idea. I'm going to order plants from somewhere else, then contact Lowe's corporate office to let them know on how much money they lost out on because they insist on being buffoons. They're so stupid, they won't even let me order plants. Unfrickin' believable...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4404 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 3:43 PM
It's hot; I don't feel like doing anything.

For the past few days, I've had a feathery friend come visit me when I sit outside later in the afternoon. It is a fledgling gray catbird that has decided that I make for a good source of protection for when things like Amazon delivery vans back up and makes their awful noise. He / she bounces up onto my lap, makes his / her way to my shoulder and ends up perching on top of my head before moving on to the railing for the front steps. The first time it happened I figured it was a fluke, but it happened twice yesterday. Once was just because I was sitting there, the other was because of a Amazon delivery van.

Said fledgling can fly although not long distances and is learning how to perch on branches. The lower branches of a Weeping Cherry tree isn't exactly the most stable place to land, but effort is made. We don't feed the birds anymore, so this little baby spends his or her time staying the in shade of the Weeping Cherry tree when it's hot looking for spiders and whatever else is hiding in the grass. When I water the gardens in the afternoon, it turns into shower / cool off time. I do leave water out for drinking, but apparently it is more fun coming from the hose.

I'm always being told that things happen for a reason. I can't come up with any for why this little bundle of feathers has decided that I'm worthy of hanging out with, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. It won't be long before he / she has full flight and no longer wants anything to do with me.
Mad Poster
#4405 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 6:53 PM
My cat peeled out after using her litter box.
Now she's fine.

Weird-ass animal...she bothers me when I am on my phone and sits on my arm.

Wouldn't want it any other way.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4406 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 12:27 PM
Today and tomorrow is Prime Day. I have a $10.00 credit because I bought something from a small business, but there is nothing worth spending money on. I don't care about TV's and all the other crap that is supposedly a 'deal'. It doesn't help that 2 day shipping has in many cases turned into almost a week before stuff is shipped.

What I'll end up probably doing is buying a box of hay for chins and rabbit. Instead of the 20 pound box that I usually buy, I'll go big and get the 25 pound box. They don't need it right away so it won't be a issue that it won't be here in 2 days.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4407 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 11:33 PM
The adventures with Amazon continues because they're always so much fun. NOPE!

Almost 2 weeks ago I ordered a plant called ‘Sunshine’ Ligustrum. It was going to my test plant to replace forsythia if I wasn't able to find any. We already know how that situation went, so I won't bother to go there except to say companies are really frickin' stupid. Dingus stopped by a mom and pop nursery to see if they had any forsythia. The response he got was "Why do you want that for? They're not flowering." Is there a anti-foliage campaign going on that I'm not aware of? If I wanted to fill The Pit with flowers, I would have started that process awhile ago. If there are flowers that hawks find repulsive, I'll order some, but I don't think there is such a thing.

Back to Amazon...

I tried to cancel this order less than 24 hours later as my gut was telling me there was going to be a problem. Amazon declined my request to cancel, so I figured I would give it a few days to see what would happen. The plant was supposed to be delivered yesterday; it was being shipped via UPS. When I checked UPS's website, it said that I needed to check back today regarding a delivery date. I checked again today and of course, the plant isn't on a truck or plane to be delivered. They've created a label for the box and that's that.

I called Amazon this afternoon; explained the situation. I was told there are no refunds for these kinds of items, but I had a message on my account stating that if the plant didn't arrive between tomorrow and the 25th, I could get a refund. Since the plant hasn't even left the nursery yet, at least according to UPS, the plant is not going to get here by the 25th. Upon further discussion, I wouldn't even have had to wait until the 25th, I would have been given a refund tomorrow if I called.

In the end, I did get a refund. The person I spoke with is a plant lover and understood why I was annoyed. My annoyance wasn't with him, it was with all the other nonsense. My gut was right and now I wait for the refund to show up. I had to call Amazon 2 weeks ago to get my refund for the guinea pig food that I never got. If I didn't call them, I wouldn't have gotten it.

I'm still waiting for my forsythia order with Proven Winners. They say they have a turn around time of about a week, so those should be shipped this week. Depending on the shape those show up in will either lead to me ordering more or not ordering from them again because the plants showed up half dead, completely dead or for some other reason.

I'm dreading winter this year as I've gotten used to being outside doing stuff. To fill my time this winter rather than pacing around the house because of snow and cold weather, I'm going to be making many lists of plants and things I'm going to need next spring so I don't have a repeat performance of this year. If I end up with pots of plants sitting my house because the ground isn't thawed, I have grow lights and can get more of those if I need them.
Scholar
#4408 Old Yesterday at 9:00 PM
In pain.

I was dissatisfied with the brick border I made along the edge of my vegetable patch, so today I determined to straighten it, armed with a trowel, a spirit level and a rubber mallet for tapping the bricks into place. I was getting along fine and then I got careless. I hope the neighbors were not too shocked by the string of blasphemous oaths that ensued, or the sight of me performing a kind of macabre rain dance in the onion bed (they weren't too badly trampled, thankfully). The tips of the middle two fingers on my left hand are still throbbing, and have turned an interesting shade of purple. I am, as you might expect, typing this one handed.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4409 Old Yesterday at 11:13 PM
The plant I posted about yesterday showed up. Turns out it wasn't shipped by UPS even though Amazon sent me a link to UPS, it was shipped FedEx. I asked the person I spoke with yesterday to confirm the tracking number I had, he said it was correct. The tracking number for UPS and FedEx are not even close, whatever. Meanwhile, Amazon screwed up my order for Gold Bond powder; that order was canceled. They hadn't shipped it yet, so I don't have to call them about a refund.

There are two more orders that Amazon can fuck up. One is a pack of sharpie markers; the other is a 25 pound box of hay. We'll see if they actually get delivered or nah. I'm not holding my breath at this point. They've managed to screw up 5 different orders in some shape or form over about a month. Maybe if I set my standards low enough, they'll figure it out. Probably not... I went on to Target's website and ordered the powder from there. I don't like Target either but maybe they'll have their act together.

We have a baby bunny living in the backyard. I know this because he / she came flying out from the ferns near the hose as they were getting their afternoon blast of water. I always water the ferns first, so bunny got a unintended bath. Once I figured out what was happening, I immediately stopped soaking the ferns and moved on to everything else that gets watered. I can't prove anything, but considering the bunny's size, I'm guessing it is a sibling to the two that were lost in the front yard.

My Proven Winners order should be in tomorrow. Those people know the difference between UPS and FedEx; but considering how this week is going, anything can happen.
Page 177 of 177