Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Kara" Hair for Females (All Ages!)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 2nd Jan 2007 at 3:32 PM

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 6:32 PM
Short hair for women is so rare, it's nice to see a hairstyle that's both girly and short. Very nicely done!
Forum Resident
#27 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 6:36 PM
Beautiful! It looks very natural. Thank you for another great hairstyle!

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Field Researcher
#28 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 6:48 PM
looks brilliant! thank you
Instructor
#29 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 6:48 PM
Wow! This hair rocks! You are amazing!

Thanks for sharing it.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 7:04 PM
Very Pretty, Thanks Muchly!

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside. - Stewie (Family Guy)
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 7:16 PM
Wonderful hairstyle can't wait to use it.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 7:19 PM
It's very simple and pretty! Thank you!
Test Subject
#33 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 7:24 PM
This is awesome. I love short hair, I can never get enough! Thank you HP
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 7:42 PM
Thanks everyone, and thanks for the feature!

Kizzmon - I already make male hair - my previous hair meshes have all been for males. This is a break from my norm. And I much prefer making male hair in general. Boys need more hair.

Lianne87 - The model sim is named Rebecca. Not sure who she looks like but I love her. Kara is the first name of the sim this hair is intended for, who will be uploaded once I finish her clothing and skin.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#35 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 7:55 PM
Beautiful hair again ! How do you do this ? So delicate and faint. Usualy I don't like short hair for women but this time I will use it. Bravo HP ! Excellent job !!! Thanks you very much !
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 8:07 PM
Thanks, Mihura.

To answer how I do it... lots and lots and lots of time, practice, and effort.

I make all my mesh shapes from scratch in Milkshape first, generally starting with flat planes and manipulating them into place until they're about the right shape. Then I fix the texture mapping on those pieces so it's nice and smooth and will take any texture I put on it without distortion.

Then I take the texture map into Photoshop and, using my pen tablet, I paint all the textures by hand. Generally takes at least a day to texture - this one took two as I didn't repeat textures anywhere on the mesh like I have previously. Then I animate it, test everything to make sure it works, and start doing recolours. It generally takes about a week to make a whole hair mesh.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#37 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 8:24 PM
Ooh I love love love the textures HP! They really look like they belong on a sim instead of a RL runway model - yippeeee! The cut is totally cute too - and would look totally cute on boys (maybe trimmed a bit around the ears and neck) - but I'm not gonna request that, nope, because requests are annoying. *nods*

Also, the colours! The colours are so pretty and realistic! Thank you HP! :D

*snags*
Test Subject
#38 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 9:21 PM
ah, could u do the same style for males...? i've been searchin THAT hairstyle for a male that i try to do... never found a matchin hairstyle...but ur does.. would be great if u could..
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 9:57 PM
i love short hair for females! so chic i think
love this thanks so much

-z-a-c-k- -s-i-m-s-
Scholar
#40 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 10:31 PM
Great job HP I love girls with short hair
Thanks a lot :D
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 10:49 PM
wow, nice, thanks.(^_^)
Test Subject
#42 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 11:35 PM
This is absolutley adorable. I love short hair and can't wait to put this to use. Thanx so much for sharing.

Dyslexics Untie :P
Test Subject
#43 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 11:39 PM
Thanx for this!! It's great, a wonderful job!!
Could you do it for guys??
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 11:54 PM
This is just SO COOL!! Thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou...

The real John McCain

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
-Albert Schweitzer
Instructor
#45 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 1:26 AM
You just keep getting better and better! I am in constant amazement of your talent!!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 2:19 AM
OMG this looks kinda like my hair! Mine's just a teeny bit longer! So using this for my self sim, it's excellently made.

Someone said something about it being like Maxis Made, but it's better! All their good, short hairstyles are hidden under a hat!

Thankyou for appreciating us short haired women, because all I ever see is long or shoulder length hair.

.Call me Bec.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 2:32 AM
More prettier than the picture i saw, of the mesh. I am going to let my sims use it. Good work HP!

Cat@};- *meow* Have a good day everyone!
CatRose: well i am off to bed i am starting to see cats jumping before me
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 2:56 AM
Absolutely fantastic HP! Looks so romantic , thanks for sharing , i love it!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 10:13 AM
Wow, HP, this is awesome and just what i have been looking for!!

Thank you so much for making and sharing this lovely hair

**No Requests**
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 10:40 AM
Oh, nice. It really cheers me up to see short hair in a hairstyle I'd wear!
Page 2 of 5