Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 2:15 PM
Default Traditional Morality? How many of your Sims wait till they're married before they have woohoo?
That's the question. How many of your Sims wait till they're married before they have woohoo?

Andrew is waiting. There may be some others in the 'hood.

One perhaps unexpected result of legalising gay marriage is that a gay teen like Andrew can actually take that stance. Julian is finding it a little difficult, but he respects Andrew's position. They do everything short of woohoo though, including making out and sleeping together almost naked.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 3:16 PM
I have recently added a religion for some of my Sims - I call them Modest Sims. They must dress a certain way, cannot have electronics other than phone/fire alarm, must live with family, and are expected to wait until marriage before woohoo.

Otherwise, it's been pretty uncommon in my game - between ACR and the fact that the woohoo want almost always rolls before a "get married"/"get engaged" want. In fact, only recently did I turn off the woohoo ability for teens with ACR, because it occurred to me that more of them might want to wait.
Alchemist
#3 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 3:50 PM
None. ACR doesn't allow that to happen in my game (I'm aware that I can change the settings so it could happen, but it's not a big deal to me).
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 3:53 PM
None.

Between ACR, and me not caring about marriage at all, Sims will only get married for the want.

I much prefer to see the love flag, which would be covered by the marriage flag. And move in is always an option. I don't like the automatic name change either.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 4:05 PM
Prior to installing ACR, I based whether or not they'd woohoo before marriage on their personality.

With ACR, I turn my back for one second and a steady couple is leaving a photo booth...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Forum Resident
#6 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 4:31 PM
Quote:
Andrew is waiting.

Well THAT was a slap to the face, um.

Right now the only person I could think of is Cassandra Goth. Not even Alexander, though that may be because I make him a romance sim and it would probably be a crime to not let a romance sim woohoo with every second person they see in uni. Hell, not even her own son did that, I was once playing an old version of the Goths and was rudely interrupted by Edward deciding to make use of the double bed I bought him.

Aside from that, though, I'd say for me it wouldn't really be so unimaginable to make that happen, I usually just forget (not even joking) to make sims woohoo if none of them want to, so if they don't roll woohoo wants on a date then it might just be possible that they wait for marriage.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 4:59 PM
They don't wait in my hoods. They're always jumping each other's bones, but I make darn sure the birth control (ACR) is on. Once they get married, then it'll be disabled, only though if they both want a child.
Oh, and cheating unfortunately is common. Those photobooths are a danger to society!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#8 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 5:17 PM
Casual woohoo is very rare in my hoods, but Romance Sims often move in together without marrying. They are considered married, for legal purposes, once they've had a child together.
Scholar
#9 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 5:45 PM
all of them, well except for Don
Scholar
#10 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 6:46 PM
None of them. I would say the majority of them only have one partner in their life and they might not woohoo until Uni. I do tend to limit the number of playable romance sims that have multiple partners in my game. That isn't a moral issue though as it is of preference of playstyle. I find the constant "conquest" kind of boring and prefer to play the conflicts that come up when they try to be monogamous or abstain altogether.

In a previous hood, I had a Las Vegas-style downtown where pretty much anything was possible. There is a very funny story involving hacked items and my lack of knowledge about how gender preference worked in the game, or as I like to call it; "How I turned all the males in my game gay". Unfortunately, it's not a story for a family-friendly site.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 7:08 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Oct 2020 at 7:28 PM.
Try for baby might wait until after they're married (mostly for the sake of convenience ingame - I want the least amount of fixing with last names and parents) but woohooing isn't off-limits (my sims live in modern times, and I'm thinking this is the "don't want baby" option, married or not...)

My sims don't do it for "traditional" reasons, though.

There's also a third no-woohoo version in my game. Honestly, I think a lot of the kids ever running around in my TS2 game has been... Insimenator'ed (test sims, anyway - I tend to make a lot of those, and marriages tend to not always be involved).

I've tried ACR, but I think it probably works better for those who play a regular game. Scripted storytelling, perhaps not so much...
Alchemist
#12 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 7:16 PM
I don't know. That's a very personal question so I haven't asked them. I don't use ACR, but I don't care about marriage at all and no one ages, so very, very few of my sims are married but many have had multiple relationships over the years.
Scholar
#13 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 7:20 PM
I use ACR to let my Sims decide when to woohoo and get pregnant. In my neighborhood, the order is usually woohoo, get pregnant, get engaged, get married -- although sometimes they'll swap the order of engagement and pregnancy. Aside from my married gay couple, I think Cassandra Goth was the only one not wearing maternity clothes at her wedding, and that's because she got married almost immediately. She got pregnant later that night.

Some of my teens show no interest in dating or romance until they get to uni. Others are persistent little buggers climbing into their parents' beds at every possible opportunity. All of my teens are on birth control. Once they get to college, the logistics become more difficult as they're in the dorms for one or two years with only single beds available to them. Once they start rolling wants to date or woohoo, that tells me they're ready, and they usually find a way to move into a rental house where they can have privacy and a double bed. I can't remember anyone yet getting all the way through uni without having romantic wants at some point or autonomously start hitting on their dormmates.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Once they get to college, the logistics become more difficult as they're in the dorms for one or two years with only single beds available to them. Once they start rolling wants to date or woohoo, that tells me they're ready, and they usually find a way to move into a rental house where they can have privacy and a double bed. I can't remember anyone yet getting all the way through uni without having romantic wants at some point or autonomously start hitting on their dormmates.

I have the invisible couch that you can overlay on a single bed. University students, or really anyone, is not going to let a single bed get in the way if they want to woohoo.

I once had to sleep on a single mattress on the floor (read SINGLE mattress, not even a twin), and shared it with my partner sometimes. Sleeping together wasn't great, but it did not interfere with sleeping together
Instructor
#15 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 8:46 PM
Usually, I'll let ACR do its thing, but in my current hood, I prevent my playable teens and adults from woohooing until marriage just for something to do. Having Sims waiting for marriage makes it easier for me to keep track of any pregnancies and births, also.

However, in my next hood, pre-martial woohoo will be banned due to traditional beliefs. My Romance sims aren't going to be please with me (I'm looking at you Romeo Monty), but hey, isn't my fault that they're Amish

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#16 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 9:56 PM
Depends on the sim - they are not all the same
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
That's the question. How many of your Sims wait till they're married before they have woohoo?

That depends if they are members of the church or on their personality and aspiration. I don't use ACR so nothing but rolled wants is pushing for it
If a sim buys an expensive bible from my church-they are members of the church.

Most times if they are pregnant and unmarried I get them married as it messes with the last names. Established couples this is, often been engaged for ever but not family sims so no one rolled that marriage want. I did this yesterday 12 hours before a couples baby was due. Neaither one wanted to get married or have a baby but risky woohoo decided for them. In that case I just give the couple a 'lawn wedding' propose marriage right there and then. They got married in the kitchen. My one romance sim who gets knocked up with multiples -serously she has one more baby everytime she gets pregant. She has 1, then twins then triplets. Just as well she is about to turn elder because I am sure she would drop quads next. She of course never married and she didn't keep any of those babies. My play is mostly all happy families but occationaly I branch out.

As for teens, I don't have teen woohoo and many of them don't even get a first kiss unless they roll the want to, I need to be pushed to think about such things obvously. Otherwise I tend to keep them busy with things like studying, helping in the shop/farm/younger siblings. Probably because many of my families are poor so the eldest turning teen can be a big help for the family. The youngest one is more likly to be able to go out and find a boy/girl friend. I did have more teen couples form when I played the boarding school but oh my their needs when they got home was horrible so I stopped playing that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#18 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 11:49 PM
Zero - my hood is full of proliferating promiscuous pixels.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Field Researcher
#19 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 3:15 AM
I think there might be some sims in my storytelling hood that would consider waiting until they've been in at least a long-term committed relationship for a while before woohoo; waiting until marriage, not really. I do have quite a few sims who aren't interested in romance or woohoo at all over their entire life.

In the main hood I'm playing now, ACR is on default settings and most sims go wild. I did have one who never showed any interest in anyone until she was about 30 in human years and suddenly leapt into bed with a workmate she brought home. That resulted in instant mutual love plus pregnancy, and so I had her marry the guy - he'd had one ill-fated affair with his married neighbour but had never been in love with anyone either, so I thought it was rather fitting that they discovered love with each other.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
Zero - my hood is full of proliferating promiscuous pixels.

Mine too!

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Mad Poster
#21 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 4:27 AM
My BACC couples are already married and that's when most if not all of my sims would choose to woohoo for their first time though a few accidents in committed relationships might become possible in more modern times and there's the brothel ones when that's added to the town where an exception might be made for those doing it as a profession as that also did happen in the old west in the 1840's.It's not going to happen for a while so the most likely cause of them not waiting for marriage might be getting drunk and making a mistake or just simply an accident from a lapse in judgement.
Scholar
#22 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 5:00 AM
It's not about marriage for my sims, but adulthood. Despite having woohoo enabled for teens, I've yet to have any of them wish for it. They date, they kiss, makeout, all the teen drama, but no woohoo yet. They go a bit wild in uni. If I do a historical 'hood someday, I might try the "no sex until marriage" thing. Interesting idea for a historic hood is to couple no sex until marriage with no divorce and 25% risky woohoo. Then have some unofficial social rules like women don't sleep around until they've had at least 1 baby or a year has gone by. I wonder if this would lead to interest in young mothers. Would fertility be sexy? Of course widows can have as much sex as they want and own their own property as long as they don't get pregnant... which brings us to our next rule. No babies outside of matrimony unless it's a house of ill-repute.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Scholar
#23 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 5:48 AM
it's clear (at least in regards to the current replies) that my sims am the outlier.
Again not including Don.
Mrs Crumplebottom must be hard at work in your games, unless you've taken her purse. I know Don did.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 8:39 AM
Since I play a medieval-inspired hood, it really depends on who you are. Noble and royal girls usually wait unless they are rebellious. The boys...well they do when they feel the urge to do it. If you are a servant or peasant, it pretty much doesn't really matter in my hood. Yeah as a girl you might bring some shame to your family if you have a child out of wedlock but then again you have proven to be fertile. This is also the group that most often is allowed to marry for love unless they are the family's heir, then they should make an advantageous marriage.
Otherwise I also have my sultante and the concubines do not marry the sultan or his sons, so yeah they definitely do it before they are married. Actually if they have done it with the sultan or his sons, they have an advantage later. When the old sultan dies and the next sultan must succeed, it won't be the first born son but the strongest one and to avoid further conflict for the throne all male-line male descendants will be killed. Concubines that were involved with the "wrong" princes will be married off later. If they had children, their marriages are probably to a higher ranking state officials than those that were just in the prince's bed once or never, and those will have better marriages than concubines that were never bedded in the first place. If they were/are a concubine of the new sultan, they are raised in station. So no matter how it goes, these girls are encouraged to get to it as quickly as possible after their arrival in the harem.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 10:23 AM
Part of my Veronaville ancestor hood is supposed to. The Monty side is a traditional patriarchy, so the women are expected to wait until marriage (the men aren't). A lot of times they'll sneak off with their partner during their education at the monastery anyway. The matriarchal Capp side doesn't care either way. The fairies don't even get married to begin with.
Page 1 of 2