Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 7:25 PM Last edited by browncoat47 : 26th Feb 2021 at 4:30 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Missing TONS of CC!!! Suggestions??
I was having an issue with a black screen and unable to get into my game. After deleting the downloadedsims.index file, I was able to get back in. However, now NONE of my 4500+ CC was there. So I closed the game and reinstalled. I reopened the game and there was still no CC. I closed it again, uninstalled and then reinstalled all of my CC. When I launched the game again, most of it was back. But I still see many things missing from around my house. The bed, fence, wall sconces, mirrors, columns, deco items, etc. And that's just the things I was using and that I noticed. I'm not sure how to fix this? I'm really hoping there's something I can do!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
It's probably not normal to have 4500+ CCs.

anyways, did you reinstall them all at once? the installer can't handle it. try installing in small amounts, 10 at a time.

I will try that but I've done it countless times without fail, so I'm just confused.
Inventor
#4 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 10:36 PM
Maybe you can also look into switching to package files. I have around the same amount of CC, all in packages through CC magic and they rarely give any issues if any.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 10:58 PM
It's probably not normal to have 4500+ CCs.

anyways, did you reinstall them all at once? the installer can't handle it. try installing in small amounts, 10 at a time.

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled them one folder at a time through the launcher. I know that’s not 10 at a time but still a big difference than doing it all at once. The same items are still missing. I don’t get it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
Maybe you can also look into switching to package files. I have around the same amount of CC, all in packages through CC magic and they rarely give any issues if any.

I actually tried this recently but I used the multi extractor and S3PE, not CC Magic. I sorted all of my CC into folders and then converted each folder into package files. Then I merged each folder into one package file and placed them in my Mods>Packages folder. It ended up being 68 files. But when I launched my game I was missing tonsssss of stuff. Way more than is missing now! Idk why this is happening, this game is so hard to just enjoy lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 11:30 PM
The files have been downloaded, placed in the Downloads folder, loaded into the launcher, installed, and yet they don't show up in the game. So where are they? Where could they be? I'm baffled
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by browncoat47
The files have been downloaded, placed in the Downloads folder, loaded into the launcher, installed, and yet they don't show up in the game. So where are they? Where could they be? I'm baffled

Bump
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#9 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 4:07 AM
Bump

Bumping threads is viewed unfavorably. There are many helpful people on site and those who may be able to help you may not be on site when you are.

As to your problem-Have you tried clearing your scriptCache file before starting the game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
Bumping threads is viewed unfavorably. There are many helpful people on site and those who may be able to help you may not be on site when you are.

As to your problem-Have you tried clearing your scriptCache file before starting the game?

I've seen tons of people do it and never saw anyone mad about it. This is the first I've heard that and I only did it because I'm stressed out about my game and getting a bit desperate. I've had nothing but problem after problem. Every time I fix a problem, there's a new one. I believe this is my seventh thread within the past couple of weeks lol. I'm just about ready to rip my hair out. Also, after I posted the bump I went into the forum and saw it didn't make a difference anyways. All of my threads are already at the top of each category since they are so new.

And yes, I clear it before I launch it every time, thank you for your reply
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 1:33 AM
I hate to put it quite this way, but EA did not sell you a game with the promise that you can successfully carry 4500 instances of custom content on it, without any regard to the quality and source of such content. And the fact remains that once a piece of content refuses to load for whatever reason, it can block that which was slated to load after it and problems like this can snowball without our even realizing at first.

Now some players can work with huge content collections and get great enjoyment out of it, but it's always going to be a very complicated challenge that one has to accept and especially if one doesn't carefully test everything one adds to one's game first and at such high volume.

Or perhaps you might consider finding a way to get some less stressful enjoyment out of the game with far less content in play? Just a suggestion, trying to be helpful here.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#13 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 7:57 AM
Not to mention, the copy+paste portion of the process is not infallible. It could be that the process choked and what you have is a bad/corrupted copy+paste results of the duplicated content from the old machine.

But then again, I have not read all of the threads you have on your "adventures" of upgrading PC and transferring content. So I'm not sure if these 4500++ content is the installed .dbc/.package files you transferred over in a backed-up user documents folder or the original .sims3pack/.package files that need to be reinstalled to a fresh user documents folder?
Instructor
#14 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 8:23 AM
It honestly sounds like you are just shoving everything into your game and trying to rush it all and not really taking the time to make sure it all works by doing it in small portions. The game can't handle that. Also having multiple different threads that are all over the place is very confusing to follow and figure out what you have done, what you haven't done, if you have followed any of the suggestions on at a time or tried everything all at once. You really should move everything off to the side and start with a vanilla game. Test it first and make sure it is running. Then add store co tent you own, check all that. Slow down and convert your sims3packs to packages by following the steps and doing it in small batches. Set up your framework and add mods in first making sure they are current and working in small batches. Then add the cc in small batches, testing it after each batch you add. There is alot of bad cc out there and just shoving things into your game all at once without testing is not the way to do it, bad cc and mods can corrupt your game so slow down and take your time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
It honestly sounds like you are just shoving everything into your game and trying to rush it all and not really taking the time to make sure it all works by doing it in small portions. The game can't handle that. Also having multiple different threads that are all over the place is very confusing to follow and figure out what you have done, what you haven't done, if you have followed any of the suggestions on at a time or tried everything all at once. You really should move everything off to the side and start with a vanilla game. Test it first and make sure it is running. Then add store co tent you own, check all that. Slow down and convert your sims3packs to packages by following the steps and doing it in small batches. Set up your framework and add mods in first making sure they are current and working in small batches. Then add the cc in small batches, testing it after each batch you add. There is alot of bad cc out there and just shoving things into your game all at once without testing is not the way to do it, bad cc and mods can corrupt your game so slow down and take your time.

Thank you for your reply! I'm not shoving things in all at once, I have gathered this much CC over years of playing. When I got my new computer it was a year ago and I didn't have access to all of my old CC so I didn't start my new game save by putting 4500 all in at once. (I have all of my old CC on my old computer and I've never actually transferred it all, just a small amount that I had on a flashdrive) It was over time. I would occasionally go through my TSR downloads on the website and find stuff that I know wasn't in my game and I would download in small batches and then use them in my game.

Only recently after having problems did I take some advice and reinstall everything at once into my game. And I've also uninstalled and tried to reinstall each folder on the launcher (Sims, Lots, Decor etc.) and still have the issue with missing things. I have thought about starting fresh and honestly that's probably what I'll end up doing at some point.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Not to mention, the copy+paste portion of the process is not infallible. It could be that the process choked and what you have is a bad/corrupted copy+paste results of the duplicated content from the old machine.

But then again, I have not read all of the threads you have on your "adventures" of upgrading PC and transferring content. So I'm not sure if these 4500++ content is the installed .dbc/.package files you transferred over in a backed-up user documents folder or the original .sims3pack/.package files that need to be reinstalled to a fresh user documents folder?

Thank you! It was a gradual process, and I've had my new computer for a year. So the issue with missing things wasn't due to the switch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I hate to put it quite this way, but EA did not sell you a game with the promise that you can successfully carry 4500 instances of custom content on it, without any regard to the quality and source of such content. And the fact remains that once a piece of content refuses to load for whatever reason, it can block that which was slated to load after it and problems like this can snowball without our even realizing at first.

Now some players can work with huge content collections and get great enjoyment out of it, but it's always going to be a very complicated challenge that one has to accept and especially if one doesn't carefully test everything one adds to one's game first and at such high volume.

Or perhaps you might consider finding a way to get some less stressful enjoyment out of the game with far less content in play? Just a suggestion, trying to be helpful here.

I totally understand, no hard feelings. I'm on this website searching for advice and seeing if anyone else has a solution as they often do. I've fixed quite a few problems recently with the advice I've taken from others on here. I know I have a boat load of CC, and I don't usually find others with as much as I have so it makes it difficult for people to help. But I will always try.

I've actually been going through and picking out things I know I don't like or never use that came with sets and writing them down to remove them. I'm excited to get rid of unwanted things and it's something I wish I would've been more conscious about it in the past. When I download new CC I've always just put it right into my downloads folder and then I open the game and look for it and everything is fine. So technically you can say that they've all been tested because when I download something new I always search for it immediately after opening the game. Can you put a folder in your downloads folder, will the launcher read the contents of a subfolder? I know people can do it with package files in the Mods folder, so I'm curious. Perhaps I will just put new CC into a folder directly into my Downloads folder. (For now I have been putting them directly in but also keeping a folder on my desktop with those same files so that I know which ones to remove if something goes wrong).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 7:09 PM
Here? On MTS? Or you mean the Sims forum?

Yeah, and that could give you the wrong impression thinking people are ignoring you. We're not. We just don't have any ideas.

I mean, the only thing I can suggest is find say .... 10 CCs you know for sure they were missing. And install ONLY those CCs. Verify they do actually work.

If they don't work, you have bad CCs. If they do work, then try reinstalling your working CCs and then adding the 10 into it manually and see if they show up.

Otherwise, you'll have to go through them manually and find out which ones work and which one's don't and separate them. Out of 4500+ CCs... that can be tough.

I didn't think I was being ignored I thought people were posting so often that my thread was being "buried" and I realized afterward that that wasn't the case.

Thank you for the advice! I'm thinking I will eventually start fresh and slowly incorporate only the CC I definitely want. It'll be a process lol but it will be worth it.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 7:41 PM
I've actually been going through and picking out things I know I don't like or never use that came with sets and writing them down to remove them. I'm excited to get rid of unwanted things and it's something I wish I would've been more conscious about it in the past. When I download new CC I've always just put it right into my downloads folder and then I open the game and look for it and everything is fine. So technically you can say that they've all been tested because when I download something new I always search for it immediately after opening the game. Can you put a folder in your downloads folder, will the launcher read the contents of a subfolder? I know people can do it with package files in the Mods folder, so I'm curious. Perhaps I will just put new CC into a folder directly into my Downloads folder. (For now I have been putting them directly in but also keeping a folder on my desktop with those same files so that I know which ones to remove if something goes wrong).

Not quite sure I am entirely understanding your process. Nothing needs to stay in Downloads at all once it's been installed. Your sims3pack content, once it's been installed, lives in DCCache in dbc bundles (the ebc bundles are for TS3 store content). It's a good practice to keep the game's Downloads folder free of sims3packs once they have been installed to reduce the clutter that the Launcher has to slog through to read it each time, which would be for no reason if it's already installed.

By testing, what I really meant was opening the content with a tool like Custard to examine its contents for any unwanted elements (like, for example, Arezzo bathroom counters) and placing/installing the content into a test environment rather than your "real" for gameplay game folder.

I'm pretty sure the Launcher cannot read from subfolders.
Instructor
#20 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 4:31 AM
Sims3packs can carry bad CC, especially some of the older stuff, like the counter Igazor mentioned,bor the evil doll, and those damn boots. Make sure you have all the tools for checking and installing, there are alot of good tutorials for converting to packages which would make it easier to remove what you don't want. I turn all my CC to packages and have never had it not show in game, but I do comb through everything really carefully because I accidentally got the boots and that was the worst most creepy thing ever. So I check and double check sims3 packs, turn them into packages, check them again. Then I use CC Magic to install it. The only sims3packs I install are my store stuff and worlds, because the launcher is a huge PITA and I don't want to deal with it. Some old CC may not work right post Pets either since there was some major changes made to add pets, so you may need to check for that as well.
Alchemist
#21 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 12:07 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 4th Mar 2021 at 12:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
By testing, what I really meant was opening the content with a tool like Custard to examine its contents for any unwanted elements (like, for example, Arezzo bathroom counters) and placing/installing the content into a test environment rather than your "real" for gameplay game folder.

This is still very much an issue that some players don't take seriously enough. I actually downloaded a sim few days ago because she was wearing a dress I was looking for. When I examined the Sims3Pack content with the custard for the dress... well, there it was; the Arezzo bathroom counter. So yes, those harmful objects are still sneakily circulating.
Instructor
#23 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 12:44 AM
I would say move your folder to your desktop or rename it. Then open the game, let it create a new folder and open a test game. Make sure the vanilla game is running nice, play it first just a little while, then save as a test game. Exit fully out, install store content, then open the test game and check all that stuff, save as again, then exit fully out. Now remake your mods folder, download a new copy so you know it is a nice fresh one. Open and make sure the 2 test mods work, exit fully then install the must have mods in batches (I always start with Nrass mods, then group by creator, after I check for conflicts with tuning mods) open and test after each batch. This is when I set up my Nrass mods. After all of that then I add my CC in batches starting with must have first, testing and checking after each batch. I use CCmagic to install my packages. I also use Custard and all to check and convert sims3packs to individual packages so I only install what I want.