Replies: 12737 (Who?), Viewed: 807781 times.
Page 510 of 510
#12726 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 1:49 PM
I think it would be handy to have some kind of "appetizer plate" for owned restaurants. It'd be like a platter of chips or a basket of bread or a bloomin' onion and when placed on tables in an owned restaurant (coded so plates could still be placed down of course) it would increase diners' patience with the waiters.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Advertisement
Inventor
#12727 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 11:18 AM
More animation conversions from S3 and S4 to S2. I'd do it but I have absolutely no proficiency with conversions. I'm sure they exist somewhere on the web.
Forum Resident
#12728 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 8:04 AM
Silly idea that just popped into my head - soundless speaker. I don't like how you can't have actual crowds in ts2 that dance to music the band is playing while still staying somewhat detached with something like a stage - so the idea is this soundless speaker would technically be playing music but you can't hear it, so you can place these speakers below the stage and sims will still dance and mosh without having to get onto the stage.

does this make any sense? i suppose i could always just make one of the music channels have nothing but silence lol

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Lab Assistant
#12729 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 9:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sims2Christain
More animation conversions from S3 and S4 to S2. I'd do it but I have absolutely no proficiency with conversions. I'm sure they exist somewhere on the web.


I second this idea/suggestions. Especially THROWING RICE/ROSE PETALS animation from 4 wedding stories.
Forum Resident
#12730 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 7:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsfan2021
I have 2 ideas:

1. A mod/hack where adults can sneak out of the house while their spouses are asleep. For example, have your adult sim arrange a date with his mistress later that night. When the spouse falls asleep, he sneaks out of his house and drives to his destination. If he or she gets caught sneaking back in, the spouse gets angry and their relationship status decay.

2. A mod/hack where you can follow the teens when they sneak off. We don't get to see them have fun. I wish you can select a destination and the game loads to that community lot. It would be nice if I can SEE my male teen chill out with his girlfriend (or friend) at a concert.



I posted an idea about something like this roughly 5 years ago: https://modthesims.info/showthread....950#post5270950
The adult sneaking out cheater thing is something i hadn't thought of at all, but it would play perfectly with the Romance sims, and (without the cop aspects) would just about perfectly fit the mini-game from that link. I'm sure it'd be easy to differentiate between teen sneakouts and adult sneakouts, though.

I wonder if people would prefer the playable aspect being automatic, or having the rabbit hole option, so you could play the HH, if you preferred that to the "Scenario" mini-game...


-gE
>=)
Test Subject
#12731 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 8:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinevilly
I posted an idea about something like this roughly 5 years ago: https://modthesims.info/showthread....950#post5270950
The adult sneaking out cheater thing is something i hadn't thought of at all, but it would play perfectly with the Romance sims, and (without the cop aspects) would just about perfectly fit the mini-game from that link. I'm sure it'd be easy to differentiate between teen sneakouts and adult sneakouts, though.

I wonder if people would prefer the playable aspect being automatic, or having the rabbit hole option, so you could play the HH, if you preferred that to the "Scenario" mini-game...


I just read your "teens avoiding cops" idea in your link and I absolutely love it.
I had a similar idea months ago about a cheating sim trying to avoid an angry spouse in community lots, but I never posted it. Imagine your sim and a lover in a Burger King. The spouse suspects the sim of cheating and angrily storms into Burger King to confront him/her. The cheating sim has to avoid getting caught or face their wrath.
Mad Poster
#12732 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 9:01 AM
I've seen curfews in TS3 though I ended up Modding them out of that game and have sent teens out after 8PM to buy groceries or clothing after aging up and nobody cared that they were out though I made the walk to the lot and sent them home quickly as it was a school night and they would be having to get up for school he next day.I've more recently had a lone child walk to the store to use the washroom and buy free clothing from the charity bin before heading home and it was past 8PM when they left for home as I directed them to walk home.It was only possible to send that child alone with a Mod enabling children to walk to community lots installed in my game.
Forum Resident
#12733 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 7:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadOlson
I've seen curfews in TS3 though I ended up Modding them out of that game and have sent teens out after 8PM to buy groceries or clothing after aging up and nobody cared that they were out though I made the walk to the lot and sent them home quickly as it was a school night and they would be having to get up for school he next day.I've more recently had a lone child walk to the store to use the washroom and buy free clothing from the charity bin before heading home and it was past 8PM when they left for home as I directed them to walk home.It was only possible to send that child alone with a Mod enabling children to walk to community lots installed in my game.

Yeah, but no such curfew mod exists for TS2... or at least, i haven't found one. Community lot curfews don't apply to active playable sims. It's just that when you're playing a teen, other teens will walk on-lot and immediately walk off if it's after 8pm. Also, if you try to change lots with a teen outing or date, they will walk off the lots when you change as well, effectively ending the outing/date. If your group arrives before 8pm, they'll stay, despite curfew. If they arrive at or after 8pm, as soon as they get out of the car, they leave. Irritating.

@Simsfan2021 -- i think our two ideas have a lot in common, and would work together really nicely! Now, to get EAxis to postpone Sims 5 (which they should call "Sim5" or "5ims" or something) so that they can work on this TS2 Mini-EP for us, the world would be a far better place... Trying to think of applicable adult grown-up cheating chance cards... Maybe if the cheater fails the chance cards, when they leave the community area, they go into the bin, instead of going home... in essence, being kicked out.

One of my favorite sims is a romance sim, who has far exceeded the 30 Lovers at Once goal -- too bad his LTW is to be a star athlete... He spent half a lifetime in Tiramisu Village learning to teleport, so as to avoid getting busted by half the town when he's on a community lot, because he's cheated on everybody with everybody... He spent the other half of his time at Tiramisu woo-hooing villagers and tourists. haha! And at home, he's got a sentrybot. Essential for romance sims!


-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#12734 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 7:17 AM
I was talking about the Mod I installed in my TS3 game which would have an awful curfew in the vamilla game and this is TS2 which the curfew is only applicable to teens doing that sneak out action who get caught.It's a part of the game and had been in there almost since the early days though I never got to use it.The only possible way to even have any other curfew in TS2 is if you have a Mod installed that lets you send a child out to a community lot alone and they will be pushed to head home soon after arrival if it's getting late though I do have a curfew sometimes for the entire town to be home after dark though it's not a part of the game engine and there's no Mod forcing it other than me making my sime leave community lots as it starts getting late.It's really the only way to applly a curfew to TS2 and you have to watch the game clock closely and just make sims go home as it gets near the curfew.I'm applying one to my Pleasantview Epic Challenge because an erly American colony from the turn of the 17th century would need one very badly for the safety of the colony's residents who might get attacked by local wildlife at night if they stayed out too far past curfew.
Test Subject
#12735 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 8:19 PM
A hack where you would autonomously get abducted anywhere, not just while using the telescope or dance sphere. Make the fear of getting abducted a little more real, haha. Was trying to figure out if I could do it by siphoning the code from the telescope, alas it turned out to be a little too daunting for my zero-modder-experience brain. But one can dream of the chaos.
Mad Poster
#12736 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwks-mith
A hack where you would autonomously get abducted anywhere, not just while using the telescope or dance sphere. Make the fear of getting abducted a little more real, haha. Was trying to figure out if I could do it by siphoning the code from the telescope, alas it turned out to be a little too daunting for my zero-modder-experience brain. But one can dream of the chaos.


One modder has taken the code for the telescope and made it into various forms besides that for the purposes of a medieval time. I would say if one could make it into a small rock or something similar, and make it invisible, that would be probably the closest you can get to having eliminated the telescope completely.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles (including funerals, here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file)
Forum Resident
#12737 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Silly idea that just popped into my head - soundless speaker. I don't like how you can't have actual crowds in ts2 that dance to music the band is playing while still staying somewhat detached with something like a stage - so the idea is this soundless speaker would technically be playing music but you can't hear it, so you can place these speakers below the stage and sims will still dance and mosh without having to get onto the stage.

does this make any sense? i suppose i could always just make one of the music channels have nothing but silence lol


@didyouevenmakeasound -- I wonder if you could accomplish something similar by making the ground slope, so that *technically* the sims "on stage" are on the same level as the crowd... you could maybe use stages/foundations and CFE to cover the slope in the ground, and some kind of filler between the stage level and the base ground level. Does that make any sense? It wouldn't be the same as what you are saying, but it might be a work-around that could pretty much give you a similar effect. I suppose it'd be sorta like garaging a foundational house. hmmm...?


-gE
>=)
Lab Assistant
#12738 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 1:22 PM
Remember me posting/mentioning aboud SIMS 1 male cake dancer? Well...here you have FEMALE DANCER. All that is left is the CAKE...FUNCTIONAL FAKE one. https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/fr...20?source=share
Page 510 of 510
Back to top