Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2022 at 1:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default ErrorTrap script error: Sim dissappears in town then reappears at house
I made a post about this over at the NRAAS forums but a solution has not been found yet regardless of the suggestions made so far, so I'm extending the issue to this forum in hopes that it'll yield some results.

Brief summary of things that I've done so far to fix the issue:
  • Move out all mods except for the NRAAS mods
  • 50/50 approach to see what could be causing the issue and isn't
  • Repair the game
  • Delete the Law Enforcement rabbithole that the error is be caused at and replace it back

Other information that could be of help:
  • Current World: Lucky Palms
  • Sim Occupation: Ghost Hunter
  • Error Happens When? Trying to complete the "Help with Investigation" oppurtunity apart of the Ghost Hunter career
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2022 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Sounds like Overwatch resetting a stuck sim. You can disable this feature in Overwatch setting b/c of false positives.

Edit:

Just read the NRAAS thread you posted. Did you clear your caches? Script cache? Otherwise, it is likely that sim has a permanent problem which can be resolved by saving him/her into the household bin, save, load, and plant a new one. Though this also means you will lose a lot of info on the sims. Basically the sim is probably corrupted.

I had this happen a few times, the sims in those cases were fixed after a hard reset, save, and reload. However, they lost all their physical features and returned to a pudding face.

See that's exactly what I was thinking, that the sim is just corrupted. Because I loaded her in from an old save I had on my USB and only experience problems with her so it's possible that she's just corrupted :/
And yes, I do clear my caches each time before I load up the game but I will definitely try saving her in the bin (along with the other sims that live in the household) and...what does plant a new one mean? ^^;
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th May 2022 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shota-oddball
See that's exactly what I was thinking, that the sim is just corrupted. Because I loaded her in from an old save I had on my USB and only experience problems with her so it's possible that she's just corrupted :/
And yes, I do clear my caches each time before I load up the game but I will definitely try saving her in the bin (along with the other sims that live in the household) and...what does plant a new one mean? ^^;

I evicted the household and then placed them back in--the issue still persists.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th May 2022 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
It means delete the one in the game and plant one from the household bin. So it is more than simply evict and put back in, but you filtered it through the household bin. It is also recommended that you save and reload the game in between the transcation.

If this fails, then the sim is completely corrupted and nothing you can do. Of course, this is verified the issue only occurs with this 1 sim. It does happen and I had to delete a couple of sims. This one sim, I had to delete her and then use NRAAS to instant baby between her husband and her daughter, then using the cheat to grow her up to an elder and reconnect the family line via NRAAS MC. It was the closest I could get to duplicating the original sim.

I have strong reason to believe that the sim was corrupted so I just decided to delete the save altogether and have been playing a completely new family with no issues (so far). Thank you for all of your tips & suggestions, I'll definitely keep everything in mind if this is to occcur again