Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 2:03 AM
Default I Reinstalled My Windows 11 And Now The Sims 3 Crashes More Often For Some Reasons!
I just reinstalled my Windows 11 because my Windows 11 was no longer working, keeping getting Unknown Hard Error from Windows Explorer (The Original Name Of The Process, And Never Changed, But Changed In Some Parts Knowing As: File Explorer) and only that, so i reseted my pc by removing everything but keeping personal files, now i opened the game, loading my neighborhood (TV Mãos Neighborhood) and now i get crashes more often during Live Mode, same thing happens to Alphine Country and i don't sure why my game reacts to this, but OK, this is not my saves, but maybe something going wrong with my game, a fix for this? I just what to play my game without some crashes during Live Mode.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  xcpt DESKTOP-67NRN7E 22-06-10 16.05.40.txt (23.5 KB, 7 downloads)
Description: Old Crash Report (Reason: Custom Content, no longer in use).
File Type: txt  xcpt DESKTOP-67NRN7E 22-06-10 18.13.45.txt (23.6 KB, 9 downloads)
Description: Second Crash Report and the last one to identify as Windows XP with Compaltibilty Mode (Reason: Custom Content, no longer in use).
File Type: txt  xcpt DESKTOP-67NRN7E 22-06-11 23.36.59.txt (22.5 KB, 3 downloads)
Description: Third Crash Report after reinstallation of Windows 11, now it idetifys as Incorrect Operating System (Reason: Custom Content, no longer in use).
File Type: txt  xcpt DESKTOP-67NRN7E 22-06-12 01.50.27.txt (23.1 KB, 7 downloads)
Description: Last Crash Report when i was loading my neighborhood, doing modifications to Mansion 2009, played for 5 minutes and game triggers a crash (Reason: Custom Content, no longer in use).
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 12:07 PM
Please remember the replies you got in many threads- this one included:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=665720
About your computer being under-powered for Sims 3.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 6:43 PM
Default Already Fixed!
By setting the compabilty to Windows XP (Service Pack 2), disabling Fullscreen Optimizations and setting the game to Run as Administrator, the problem was fixed, maybe The Sims 3 doesn't work very well on Windows 11.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 8:02 PM Last edited by igazor : 12th Jun 2022 at 9:34 PM.
TS3 runs fine on Win 11 on suitable hardware. Or rather, it runs as well or as poorly as it does on Win 10.

Actually, I've been curious about this. It's okay if there is no answer, but how in the world can one even run Win 11 on a 3rd generation i5 processor? I thought that the installer would balk at anything older than 8th generation and tell the user to go play in traffic or something. Not that I agree with Microsoft's move there, I think the restrictions on older processors that are powerful and fast enough are ridiculous, but how does one typically get around that?

Edit: Okay, I see now that my information was outdated. MS does reportedly allow a clean install of Win 11 on older processors rather than an upgrade path from 10 to 11. But then it blocks Windows Update on unsupported installs like that, so no bug or security patches. Not sure I really see the point of running an OS that way.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 11:18 PM
Default I Start Upgrading My Computer, There I Was Getting A Error "Unsupported Computer"
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
TS3 runs fine on Win 11 on suitable hardware. Or rather, it runs as well or as poorly as it does on Win 10.

Actually, I've been curious about this. It's okay if there is no answer, but how in the world can one even run Win 11 on a 3rd generation i5 processor? I thought that the installer would balk at anything older than 8th generation and tell the user to go play in traffic or something. Not that I agree with Microsoft's move there, I think the restrictions on older processors that are powerful and fast enough are ridiculous, but how does one typically get around that?

Edit: Okay, I see now that my information was outdated. MS does reportedly allow a clean install of Win 11 on older processors rather than an upgrade path from 10 to 11. But then it blocks Windows Update on unsupported installs like that, so no bug or security patches. Not sure I really see the point of running an OS that way.

For me, i did do a upgrade on mid October 2021 and i was getting unsupported computer when i start to upgrade inside of Media Creation Tool, so i click on Do a Upgrade and i did successfully upgrade, and also Windows Update works for me after i forced to do it, so i can install any update from Windows and other updates.

Because first, my computer didn't support TPM 2.0, only supporting TPM 1.2 by enabling it in BIOS, also i don't remember if the upgrade installer said that my CPU didn't support and some other things that the upgrade said.

Second, i uploaded a vídeo about the "in-game time stuck on 01:59", if you see it, you can see Windows 11 Taskbar (Maybe you cannot see it because of a Android Video Recording In Low Resoution), so that's why i already upgrading, now the in-game time is no longer stuck since November 2021.

And third, i just like the new design of Windows 11, looks like "Modernest And Coolest!", i loved that design and i started upgrading.