Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Locked thread | Replies: 20423 (Who?), Viewed: 1186201 times.
Page 814 of 817
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20326 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBacon
That in a tweet, in a video interview from that E3 Booth i remember one Guru reply about The Willow Creek is the world that will ship with the game!

There's no point on discussing this, Gurus said to many things that it's just not possible to achieve any clear information.
That and for several times already we saw one guru Denying what other guru said previously.


There are definitely some who put out inaccurate information more often than others, but it could simply be because they put out info sooner and it changes by the time the next guru comments?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#20327 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:21 PM Last edited by MaxBacon : 25th Jun 2014 at 1:33 PM.
The time i asked Trev about that magazine that stated Sims 4 is 70% complete only (after E3). He came replying "What? It's more 98.5%!"
Some hours later.... "It was sarcasm guys!" and from sudden we gone back to the starting point of the whole discussion with no further comment from the Guru.

Then when a Guru from sudden replies a question "No" when another guru time ago said "Yes", community gets again confused and the Gurus simply won't clear things about it, simply going back to their caves in silence. They could do more often what Graham did when explained why there isn't "woohoo" skill after said before to be in-game.

I believe Willow Creek is the only one but if like TS3, option to download this new one upon registration; it's just that they refuse to admit we all know about the Desert World because it leaked and for some mad reason PC Gamer got prints and several images about it before it's announced.

What it can't be is Paid DLC, because they shown parts of that Desert Content (Cactus / Dinosaur on E3 Video...) at one Official Trailer for the base game.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#20328 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBacon
That in a tweet, in a video interview from that E3 Booth i remember one Guru reply about The Willow Creek is the world that will ship with the game!

"To ship the with game" just means that only Willow Creek will come in the copy of the game. That doesn't exclude registration DLC.

But they are coming off as purposefully non-specific with ALL important questions regarding the game, it's exhausting. Like come on, we can see a huge desert landscape. Seriously, we're not blind. But still, we get nothing but shady vagueness. So they can only blame themselves for fueling a wild rumor mills!
Field Researcher
#20329 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisuka
"To ship the with game" just means that only Willow Creek will come in the copy of the game. That doesn't exclude registration DLC.

But they are coming off as purposefully non-specific with ALL important questions regarding the game, it's exhausting. Like come on, we can see a huge desert landscape. Seriously, we're not blind. But still, we get nothing but shady vagueness. So they can only blame themselves for fueling a wild rumor mills!

I already see it happening "HUGE SURPRISE PEOPLE! If you register your Copy you win this AMAZING WORLD!"

But everybody already knew about it....
But still they need something to keep the hype on so they act like we don't know.

Anyway i'm negative because i played too many EA games to know how to set my expectations right.
Mad Poster
#20330 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaibit
That's a double post


I said it before and I will say it again, all Sims Guru can double, triple and even quadruple post if they want to. That's my rules

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Alchemist
#20331 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisuka
*puts on tinfoil hat* So this is NOT just some backdrop plopped into Willow Creek! Ooh what is it, I want to know... I'll lose it if they've made so much themed items and shown big themed scenes to tease, and not have made a second world.
My heart aches because of that non-functional tram and steamboat, so I can't take it if this 'world' is also just some fake thing.


What if cacti and dinosaurs exist in Willow Creek, but Ryan was being absolutely clueless and oblivious here... He once said he didn't know every single stuff in the game, since he only worked his own portion of the game.

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#20332 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
There are definitely some who put out inaccurate information more often than others, but it could simply be because they put out info sooner and it changes by the time the next guru comments?


I see your point, but that doesn't pass the sniff test. If gurus don't know something for fact, they shouldn't be talking or speculating about it publicly. They can do that amongst themselves in the office where it belongs.
Instructor
#20333 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 1:59 PM
Official 'Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in The Sims 4' -thread theme song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc9c12q3mrc
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20334 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
I see your point, but that doesn't pass the sniff test. If gurus don't know something for fact, they shouldn't be talking or speculating about it publicly. They can do that amongst themselves in the office where it belongs.


I dunno, I kinda like them more unguarded. I have no problem at all with being told later that someething changed. I enjoy understanding the process.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#20335 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:04 PM
I wish they would just tell us what's there and what's not. I'd much rather be forewarned of future disappoint and have the time to let it sink in and possibly even change my opinions rather than be told "No comment" and be left not knowing what to expect. It'd be fun if it were a big, extravagant surprise, but it's not. TS4's marketing has been an undeniable mess. I want to be persuaded into buying the game, not be left wondering why.

The disappoint is real, and continues to pile up - leaving me fearing that this could very well be the end of our beloved Sims franchise.
Lab Assistant
#20336 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:17 PM Last edited by KlutzWobbles : 25th Jun 2014 at 2:27 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
Which means in theory that townies will be wearing any old outfit type in any old type of situation. Though at least we get to decide our own townies, and the premades will probably come kitted out suitably. We just have to make sure we make enough of our own townies that the game does not create new random ones.


Nope.

Quote:
Tangie ‏@Tangie0906 15h
@SimGuruGraham @CSIMSIE @Cinderellimouse @SimGuruRusskii Does this mean that NPC's will show up around town in unusual clothing?

Graham Nardone
‏@SimGuruGraham
@Tangie0906 No. You can disable the clothing filters for your own Sims, but they're on by default for other random Sims in the world.


That isn't to say that everyone will necessarily agree with how they've filtered the clothing. Nevertheless, it does sound like they've taken a good stab at addressing this annoying problem from TS3.

ETA: Although, that guy working out in the astronaut suit springs to mind, and I can't help but shake my head a little at whatever the reasoning for that may be.
Alchemist
#20337 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunetttt
Official 'Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in The Sims 4' -thread theme song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc9c12q3mrc


Thought for sure I'd click through to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
Field Researcher
#20338 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlutzWobbles
ETA: Although, that guy working out in the astronaut suit springs to mind, and I can't help but shake my head a little at whatever the reasoning for that may be.


To show off that the stories are, indeed, weirder. I wouldn't worry about it until I take my Sim to the local gym and find someone in an astronaut suit working out.

But if I do, well, hey - even astronauts gotta work out. All that time in zero gravity could mess with their muscles!
Mad Poster
#20339 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGarden
I wish Graham could answer this question:

Since there are no rabbit holes no more, how do sims get groceries? Please don't say you buy it directly from the fridge!


I to wish we could get an answer on this, I hope it like Sims 2.

This pic was from before Sims 2 shipped and it had all the items you could shop for in the base game and I wish they would do this for Sims 4, but it never made it in the game but I have recreated it in my Riverside recreation of the Maxis' lost neighborhood. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=503756
Screenshots

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#20340 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
ZenGarden, what's to say those are not just different neighborhoods all in the same initial world?


This is the answer to that question. At least the desert portion of it.

Quote:
Topher Bee ‏@TopherBee 12h
@SimGuruGrant Do we have cacti and dinosaurs in Willow Creek? A screenshot made me curious.

Grant Rodiek
‏@SimGuruGrant
@TopherBee No, we don't have dinosaurs and cacti in Willow Creek.
Instructor
#20341 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltraz
Thought for sure I'd click through to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg


You're making my ears and eyes bleed.
Lab Assistant
#20342 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBacon
I already see it happening "HUGE SURPRISE PEOPLE! If you register your Copy you win this AMAZING WORLD!"


Yeah, I think it'll be release day DLC, like Riverview. It supports the modern theory of rewarding those who purchase the game, rather than focusing on punishing those who pirate via DRM, which usually punishes buyers equally.

I don't mind DLC, as long as it's free with registration or not some inflated price.
Field Researcher
#20343 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:39 PM
Hey guys, I wanted to post my questions that I already asked the Gurus here to see if you guys think they'll answer any of them. One of them is a repeat.

Lab Assistant
#20344 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovcat
Here's a curve ball for ya.. what if the CAS we're seeing is the demo and we haven't seen the 100% in game CAS yet.


I really want to believe this. Or some alternate explanation for why there are indeed toddlers when all circumstantial evidence suggests otherwise. There is a lot of negativity and assuming the worst going around and I've been trying hard not to buy into that, but even I am getting quite skeptical and concerned about WTF is going on (or not going on) with the toddler situation.

Field Researcher
#20345 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShiila
Hey guys, I wanted to post my questions that I already asked the Gurus here to see if you guys think they'll answer any of them. One of them is a repeat.



I think your questions about adoption will be ignored because you mention toddlers explicitly. The Gurus - especially with Graham reading the forum here - probably aren't likely to be tricked into answering a question that gives out information they don't want to.

As for solo woohoo, wasn't that just a joke in a magazine and never an actual feature?
Lab Assistant
#20346 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlutzWobbles
Nope.



That isn't to say that everyone will necessarily agree with how they've filtered the clothing. Nevertheless, it does sound like they've taken a good stab at addressing this annoying problem from TS3.

ETA: Although, that guy working out in the astronaut suit springs to mind, and I can't help but shake my head a little at whatever the reasoning for that may be.

My government is currently working on a law that would make wearing wrestler masks in public illegal. Though I'm not really in favour of this law, I do hope I can apply it in TS4 because for once I would like townies that looked, gosh, normal.
Lab Assistant
#20347 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddz0r
My government is currently working on a law that would make wearing wrestler masks in public illegal. Though I'm not really in favour of this law, I do hope I can apply it in TS4 because for once I would like townies that looked, gosh, normal.


Oh, the freakin' wrestler masks! How on earth did I forget those? *shudders*

Although I am inclined to believe that group of Sims was created to highlight the "weirder stories", as @tedw mentioned earlier, and they are not actually in-game.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.
Field Researcher
#20348 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedw
I think your questions about adoption will be ignored because you mention toddlers explicitly. The Gurus - especially with Graham reading the forum here - probably aren't likely to be tricked into answering a question that gives out information they don't want to.

As for solo woohoo, wasn't that just a joke in a magazine and never an actual feature?


The only reason I mentioned them explicitly is because those are the ages that are adoptable. I guess it was a cheap trick, so I'll be patient.

I have no idea, I wanted confirmation.
Scholar
#20349 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:59 PM
Good afternoon/morning/blah...
Whew..... have caught up again - saw Graham pop in for a natter, and nothing else new from since last night ... roll on today, let's see what else comes of it
*goes into lurk mode on Twitter*

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#20350 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 3:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJimmyIV
My favorite thing about that picture of the desert town is the guy who looks like Wolverine in a sweater.


And what a lovely sweater it is.
Locked thread
Page 814 of 817
Back to top