Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#20351 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I dunno, I kinda like them more unguarded. I have no problem at all with being told later that someething changed. I enjoy understanding the process.

I'm glad to see that Graham is comfortable enough to stop by. That speaks volumes for MTS.

As for the rest of it, one can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. I just wish they would try something other than what they have been doing. I'm not saying that I'm right, but their way isn't working.

Ah well, It's another day. We shall see what it brings.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#20352 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I'm glad to see that Graham is comfortable enough to stop by. That speaks volumes for MTS.

Maybe 'comfortable' isn't the precise word since he described the forum goers as 'a pack of ravenous hyenas' - lol
Field Researcher
#20353 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
Maybe not 'comfortable' since he described the forum goers as 'ravenous hyenas'.

Well he still managed to stick around for a few clicks to answer a couple things. It's just a lot more neutral to answer on Twitter where there's more traffic and less flaming. More types of Sims fans are on Twitter anyway, it's safer to give tidbits on Twitter than in here.

I wouldn't disagree with that comparison, we were trying to catch him in a Pokeball (we're playful but a little intimidating)
Mad Poster
#20354 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iShiila
Well he still managed to stick around for a few clicks to answer a couple things. It's just a lot more neutral to answer on Twitter where there's more traffic and less flaming. More types of Sims fans are on Twitter anyway, it's safer to give tidbits on Twitter than in here.

I wouldn't disagree with that comparison, we were trying to catch him in a Pokeball (we're playful but a little intimidating)

We have all the aggression of the official forumers but we also have about 10 times more tact (Kind of like how She-Hulk has the Hulk's strength but still keeps her mind when she transforms) He is right to fear us.

(speaking of Pokemon, anybody here play X&Y?)
Scholar
#20355 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:01 PM

....well, I for one was very intimidated for a long time before I posted for the first time.... was so hoping I'd fit in and not get mauled to death, lolol
...still not sure about the fitting in part, but I try

I'm very glad I made that first post though; this is a great place to be/lurk/hang out/stalk/rant/talk/drink /celebrate pages/throw catching devices - take your pick...

Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
We have all the aggression of the official forumers but we also have about 10 times more tact (Kind of like how She-Hulk has the Hulk's strength but still keeps her mind when she transforms) He is right to fear us.

OT, but She-Hulk is my fave comic-book female alongside Batwoman; I get flutters just thinking about that green goddess.... *drools*
Errr, sorry - I think I need a moment *shuffles off*

...Titanium white...
Field Researcher
#20356 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:02 PM

I'd agree with that, especially since it's really hard to have very long legitimate conversations on the official forums. I feel like we expect more, and I do too, but sometimes it's hard to meet those expectations? I don't know, I just know I'm just plain tired of EA.

(I do :D)
Lab Assistant
#20357 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:03 PM

Certainly! Looking forward to ORAS too. I never had a GBA when I was young, so it's my first visit to Hoenn. :3
Field Researcher
#20358 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
....well, I for one was very intimidated for a long time before I posted for the first time.... was so hoping I'd fit in and not get mauled to death, lolol
...still not sure about the fitting in part, but I try

I'm very glad I made that first post though; this is a great place to be/lurk/hang out/stalk/rant/talk/drink /celebrate pages/throw catching devices - take your pick...

Felt the same way and still feel the same way about "fitting in". Basic rule here it seems is don't be Snoogums. Don't be a troll.

This is a nice place to check in every day or so, everyone here is pretty rad imo :D
Scholar
#20359 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:08 PM
we were trying to catch him in a Pokeball (we're playful but a little intimidating)

I was trying to trap him in a box and a bear trap.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Mad Poster
#20360 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:10 PM
(I do :D)

Quote: Originally posted by Teddz0r
Certainly! Looking forward to ORAS too. I never had a GBA when I was young, so it's my first visit to Hoenn. :3

Friend codes! Now! I'm tired of battling the same people XD

Felt the same way and still feel the same way about "fitting in". Basic rule here it seems is don't be Snoogums. Don't be a troll.

Don't be Mr.Alex either. Don't know what I'm talking about? Look at the "TS4 should be an MMO" thread
Field Researcher
#20361 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:13 PM
Friend codes! Now! I'm tired of battling the same people XD

Don't be Mr.Alex either. Don't know what I'm talking about? Look at the "TS4 should be an MMO" thread

I don't get Mr. Alex. If he wants Sims to be an MMO, fine, but WHY would really back you up.

My FC is 0559-8013-0071, but I don't have my 3DS on me for a week, I'm visiting family.
Lab Assistant
#20362 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:15 PM
Default Grahams video
[QUOTE=eskie227]I wonder if the lack of toddler in CAS is not indicative of no toddlers, period, but the problem of adapting the sliders new control molding points to that size of sim. Maybe toddlers will be kind of generic, like babies are now (and toddlers, to a lesser degree), and only begin to express facial characteristics (other than the odd chin malformation or tongue through the lower lip we now occasionally run across) once they're children, and the controls points are easier to implement on a larger child sim.

Grahams video shows the CAS starts at children. NO Babies or Toddlers
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#20363 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:16 PM
Oi, no ragging on current members. You can call Snoogums whatever you want but unless someone's been banned for their behavior, don't call 'em out as an example, that's not cool.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#20364 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:16 PM
Quote:
My FC is 0559-8013-0071, but I don't have my 3DS on me for a week, I'm visiting family.

1134-8688-9820

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Oi, no ragging on current members. You can call Snoogums whatever you want but unless someone's been banned for their behavior, don't call 'em out as an example, that's not cool.

I'd feel you if I wasn't about 90% he's being a troll. But fine *zips lips*

Quote: Originally posted by Joyce333
[QUOTE=eskie227]I wonder if the lack of toddler in CAS is not indicative of no toddlers, period, but the problem of adapting the sliders new control molding points to that size of sim. Maybe toddlers will be kind of generic, like babies are now (and toddlers, to a lesser degree), and only begin to express facial characteristics (other than the odd chin malformation or tongue through the lower lip we now occasionally run across) once they're children, and the controls points are easier to implement on a larger child sim.

Grahams video shows the CAS starts at children. NO Babies or Toddlers

Lol Inge was right. They're going back to the old days where babies randomly explode into flowers and children come out XD
Theorist
#20365 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:20 PM
The only reason I mentioned them explicitly is because those are the ages that are adoptable. I guess it was a cheap trick, so I'll be patient.

I have no idea, I wanted confirmation.

If you were serious about learning about adoption, I think it was SGGrant who tweeted that it would work the same as TS3. Look up one of Honeywell's Tweet summaries, it should be there.

If you were just trying to be clever, ha ha! It's not going to work, though. It's really tiresome to not have the info we want, but I guess it's a good test of our patience. Sometimes I handle it better than others.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Field Researcher
#20366 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:27 PM
I don't think EA has anyone to blame but themselves for fans seeming like 'rabid hyenas'. I respect that there are promotions and exclusives and release windows to be arranged and this can hamper the flow of information. But when has "no comment" ever really been a proven successful strategy? It makes people think you have something to hide. If later on, it turns out you were hiding a great surprise, you might get lucky and the string of "no comments" might be forgotten. But if there is something to be hidden, fans will probably be twice as angry - angry at the information and angry that they were strung along for so long.

I know that it's not EA themselves who called some of the posters rabid, and I don't blame Graham for saying it either. There have been posters in this thread who have been rude, to him and to other posters on the forum. But there is frustration in being shown something - no swimwear for example - and then hitting a brick wall when you ask for further details. I'm not sure what EA thinks "no comment" will achieve. If there are pools and toddlers and car animations and all that, will the reveal be more effective in August instead of July? Do they fear the game being forgotten by casual players by the time the September release rolls around? Are they hopeful that keeping fans in limbo for a while will make them even more eager and appreciative of the answers by the time they arrive?

I think EA should have been ready to discuss pools and toddlers as soon as they released screens and videos that showed those elements appear to be missing. If they thought fans wouldn't notice those details, someone involved in marketing is an idiot. If they think that "no comment" will delay the inevitable confirmation of bad news long enough that people will just go ahead and buy the game in the hopes of being proven wrong, they're probably mistaken. And if "no comment" is just a way to keep us quiet until they reveal TS4 contains everything we ever wanted, they may just win everyone over in the end. Only time will tell, I guess, but at the moment it seems like a risky marketing choice for a company that was named Worst in America.
Mad Poster
#20367 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:30 PM
I'm just mad it took us noticing swimwear was gone from CAS for this to even be an issue. Were they gonna wait till the game was already released to let us know there aren't gonna be pools?
Field Researcher
#20368 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
If you were serious about learning about adoption, I think it was SGGrant who tweeted that it would work the same as TS3. Look up one of Honeywell's Tweet summaries, it should be there.

If you were just trying to be clever, ha ha! It's not going to work, though. It's really tiresome to not have the info we want, but I guess it's a good test of our patience. Sometimes I handle it better than others.

I actually wanted to know considering half my Sims families adopt AND same gender pregnancy won't be a mod/cheat in the games for a while. I can't find anything about adoption on Honeywell's blog, but I'll keep looking!

Ah hopefully that soon they keep talking about will be soon. I've been pretty good at patience so far.

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

Sorry then, I didn't know they weren't banned.
Field Researcher
#20369 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:33 PM
I actually wanted to know considering half my Sims families adopt AND same gender pregnancy won't be a mod/cheat in the games for a while. I can't find anything about adoption on Honeywell's blog, but I'll keep looking!

I thought your serious curiosity was just about solo woohoo, or I would've posted this link earlier! http://simsvip.com/2014/06/23/the-s...m-simgurugrant/
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20370 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:34 PM
I'm just mad it took us noticing swimwear was gone from CAS for this to even be an issue. Were they gonna wait till the game was already released to let us know there aren't gonna be pools?

Perhaps swimwear was missing cos we are allowed to assign a tuxedo or wedding dress for our sims to swim in now?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#20371 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tedw
I thought your serious curiosity was just about solo woohoo, or I would've posted this link earlier! http://simsvip.com/2014/06/23/the-s...m-simgurugrant/

It was about both, but thank you for finding the stuff about adoption! I'm more concerned about family features than woohoo stuff anyway and considering what has been watered down, I don't think solo woohoo would be a feature
Mad Poster
#20372 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:37 PM
oh hey. Me and that Bafendo guy have the same name. Small world.

Well I'm still not fond of this Grant guy but at least he finally answered something.
Scholar
#20373 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:47 PM
I'm not a fan of Grant either - sometimes comes across a little obnoxious in his replies, but that's probably how I'm reading them...

But, there's more stuff that he answered yesterday before he went home to feed his pooch - http://simsvip.com/2014/06/24/the-s...ack-on-twitter/
I learned something new, at least - there are no longer any favorites... and that many of the traits in the game are not in CAS, and have to be earned...

Also, sorry if this has been posted already...

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#20374 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grant
@ZerbuTabek @adventfear Folks like to do a direct compare. We get it. Only natural. But, no game we've ever made is a copy of the previous.

And it shouldn't be. But that's still not an excuse to not at least explain why y'all removed some of the things you've removed (or refuse to comment on the removal of some stuff) I understand sacrifice is necessary for success but when some of the sacrifices seem downright idiotic can we at least count on you guys to explain why you made such odd choices?
Scholar
#20375 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:57 PM
And it shouldn't be. But that's still not an excuse to at least explain why y'all removed some of the things you've removed (or refuse to comment on the removal of some stuff) I understand sacrifice is necessary for success but when some of the sacrifices seem downright idiotic can we at least count on you guys to explain why you made such odd choices?

MaxBacon and I said pretty much the same thing on Twitter in reply to him - I believe Grant said nothing else about it after that, of course....

...Titanium white...
Locked thread
Page 815 of 817