Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Locked thread | Replies: 20423 (Who?), Viewed: 1186110 times.
Page 816 of 817
Mad Poster
#20376 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 4:59 PM
*looks on the official forum* Damn. Morale is low even there too. I'm glad it's not just us and even they're starting to get a little upset.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#20377 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
I dunno, I kinda like them more unguarded. I have no problem at all with being told later that someething changed. I enjoy understanding the process.

Exactly! If they were transparent with the community about the process we would be much more understanding when things are added and taken away. They are so careful about the info they release that any info is treated as fact, and apparently, the fact is that the game is evolving. Is the Sims a top secret military experiment? I'm pretty sure it's a game, and all the secrecy is unnecessary and only accomplishes mistrust and disappointment.

You have to admit we are a dedicated bunch who we are still here after all these years....hoping and waiting
Alchemist
#20378 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:03 PM
Graham stopped by to get a few posts in, but I still feel like he hasn't quite answered any questions. He sort of just...talked.
Mad Poster
#20379 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:05 PM
that's is all he did but at this point that's all any of them are doing.
Lab Assistant
#20380 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
Friend codes! Now! I'm tired of battling the same people XD

1005 - 8965 - 6213 I don't have my ds with me today though, but I'll add you tomorrow. :3

I should say something about TS4, but I'm all out of inspiration.
Lab Assistant
#20381 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original_Sim
Graham stopped by to get a few posts in, but I still feel like he hasn't quite answered any questions. He sort of just...talked.

Can I get a page #?
Field Researcher
#20382 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjones
Can I get a page #?

He showed up on page 809, but he did a lot of talking/answering on 810.
Alchemist
#20383 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:09 PM
Quote:
Can I get a page #?

Start with 810 and scroll down until you see his post. Or you can just go straight to it:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...599#post4422599

On page 809, he compared us to hyenas:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimGuruGraham
Naa, I post when/where I please. I've started typing out a few responses here recently, but I keep getting this mental image of the forum goers as a pack of ravenous hyenas (not that I blame you for wanting answers) and me being a chunk of meat and find myself pressing the back button on the browser. Making a drive by post to answer one particular question feels like it would be counterproductive and just annoy people. Answers are coming to some of the larger questions people have been asking, but I won't ever be the one commenting before we've officially communicated it. I have made a note to answer some people's questions from here via twitter though - I keep an eye out.
Lab Assistant
#20384 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:10 PM
Quote:
Can I get a page #?

When I read that, in my head it sounded like, "Can I get a 'whoop whoop'?"

I guess at this point my subconscious is actively seeking ways to lift my spirits.
Lab Assistant
#20385 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:11 PM
Thanks, this thread moves fast and I can't keep up!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20386 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:15 PM
Quote:

That's fine too. I kinda like the guy what I know of him so far so just chatting in general is also fun.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#20387 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
That's fine too. I kinda like the guy what I know of him so far so just chatting in general is also fun.

You have a crush on him, don't you?
Lab Assistant
#20388 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:22 PM
I actually enjoyed reading what he had to say. It didn't have any new info about the game, but I enjoy the behind the scenes information. That actually felt like communication to me, and appreciate his insight.

For me that is a hundred times better than the snarky one liners on Grant's twitter. Is it just me, or does Grant sound condescending?
Alchemist
#20389 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:24 PM
Quote:
For me that is a hundred times better than the snarky one liners on Grant's twitter. Is it just me, or does Grant sound condescending?

I don't know about you, but I thought Graham comparing us to a "pack of ravenous hyenas" was rather snarky. It's not just Grant. It's Graham, Lyndsay, maybe even Ryan. And Ruskii with her passive aggressive tweet about the official forum members.
Theorist
#20390 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:26 PM
Quote:
I actually enjoyed reading what he had to say. It didn't have any new info about the game, but I enjoy the behind the scenes information. That actually felt like communication to me, and appreciate his insight.

I don't think Grant is much of a people person. There is a level of snark to everything he says on twitter and it translates badly.

Calling us hyenas wasn't that bad because we kind of are to a degree and they made us this way. I think Graham is one of the good ones and tries. Everyone else seems to respond badly.
Alchemist
#20391 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovcat
I don't think Grant is much of a people person. There is a level of snark to everything he says on twitter and it translates badly.

He's hot, though.
Lab Assistant
#20392 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:31 PM
I can appreciate snarky, I wish it was a trait in sims. Maybe I read him wrong, but for some reason his tweets yell asshole to me, but for some reason Graham comparing us to hyenas doesn't ... go figure ?
Instructor
#20393 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltraz
Thought for sure I'd click through to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Late to catch up again but throwing it in anyway.

If that's the soundtrack to this thread, with all the 777 and 888 page partying going on, I can only imagine the thread to look somewhat like this in my head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRVaU9X0rOs&feature=kp
Amazing.
Field Researcher
#20394 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:31 PM
You guys are aware that there's no more maternity clothes

vanilla-breyers.tumblr.com
Alchemist
#20395 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:31 PM
Quote:
He's hot, though.

He is not.
Instructor
#20396 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:32 PM
Quote:
I don't know about you, but I thought Graham comparing us to a "pack of ravenous hyenas" was rather snarky. It's not just Grant. It's Graham, Lyndsay, maybe even Ryan. And Ruskii with her passive aggressive tweet about the official forum members.

I have to agree with Original_Sim there. While I get Graham's point, given our history with EA, what else does he expect? If EA had a more transparent relationship with us, I'd take it as a light hearted joke, but as it is......I already have my snark quota filled by Grant. Like what else are we going to do but pounce on every guru and rumour when all they do when it comes to the important questions is "no comment". It's our money we may or may not spend on the game, so if we want to know what is in the game and what is not, it's our right, regardless whether EA likes to leave surprises or not. Especially since EA's surprises are almost never good.

If he feels like a piece of meat surrounded by hyenas, then I feel like a hamster in a cage left to starve because my owner is looking up lolcats videos.
Alchemist
#20397 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBreyers

That's because any outfit is now "wearable" by pregnant sims.
Lab Assistant
#20398 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:33 PM
Quote:
He's hot, though.

Yes. And snarky, dry humor appeals to me.

Might not be ideal from a PR standpoint, though...
Theorist
#20399 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBreyers

Yep everything is everything now. Players can turn off item filters and use any clothing item as any category but it doesn't translate to townies so no crazy outfits for them.
Field Researcher
#20400 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:34 PM
Quote:
That's because any outfit is now "wearable" by pregnant sims.

But I like maternity clothes.

vanilla-breyers.tumblr.com
Locked thread
Page 816 of 817