Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 7:06 AM Last edited by jazzem : 27th Oct 2010 at 4:41 AM. Reason: Amending mistakes
Default My Spicy Legacy...
My Spiced Up Legacy Challange.
Well i am sick of getting bored after about 3-4 generations of legacy so i am writing a new version just for me and i thought i would share it with others in case they wanted one too. So here goes...

Ten generations. Main aim is to be the ruler of the entire town by the end of the challange, so own every business and have a member of generation ten be “leader of the free world” and another member be “the emperor of evil”.

BUT there are rules and if you decide to use my generation guidelines there are also setbacks.
Main game rules:
1- The next generation does not start until the heir of the previous generation retires. (you can marry and breed, but no jobs, or making money).
2- NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE all family members MUST remain living on the property until they die.
3- You may not delete any graves (but you CAN use a mod to stop ghosts if they bug you)
4- Any sim added to the lot MUST be a family member (so either married into the family or in some way related to the sim marrying into the family eg: child or sibling of sim marrying into the family) But keep in mind that unless you mod your game there are only 8 slots for sims.
5- You may not accept any opportunities EVER. (they give you too much money, and too many headstarts, all promotions and money must be seriously EARNED!) (exception is travelling for WA)
6- If you go collecting you may not sell any of your finds.
7- If you garden (exception in the “perfect family generation”) you may not sell your produce, you must use it as food for the family. And you may not have more than 4 plants at a time.
8- You may not buy a business unless you have reached the top of that career, and you may not become a partner unless you have reached level 8 of that career, you may buy the business after you have retired however.
9- You must, in every generation, have a “black sheep” (that also means at least two children per generation, an heir and a black sheep) that sim will be enemys with every member of the family and must have conflicting job/traits with that particular generation’s goal.
10- In most cases the “heir” must be the first born of the “heir” (gender irrelevant) apart from as mentioned.
11- Kind of goes without saying, but no cheating! (don’t you wish you could type KACHING or MOTHERLODE into your real life????)

Ok so now the generations.

1- The Vagabonds: You are not allowed to build anything, you may only buy things that you need for upskilling and only when you cant find it somewhere in town, ie an easel, you cannot buy something like a chess board (you can play chess at the park) or gym equipment (go to the gym!). You may work and do your best to reach your life time want, you may marry and have children at any time, but keep in mind that Gen2 may not build until Gen1 are elders. You may garden, but you may not sell the produce. You may eat out, go to movies, games etc. But you may not buy or build at all, exception, 1 park bench per 3 sims and one cot once you breed (if you have more than one child you can still only buy one cot :P) Once they become elders you must retire. (no black sheep for Gen 1)

2- The highrisers: The children of gen 1, they must marry before they become adults, and they must each have at least one child (one can have the “heir” and one the “black sheep”) They must be enemys with their parents (since they refused to build on their land regardless of the fact they are rather rich) and the first thing they will do (once the parents are elders and retired) is build an underground flat for them to die in. It must have everything they require to survive and a fireproof oven. It does not need to be accessable (you can use moveObjects on to put them in it and then forget about em :P) you must buy them everything that they want (if they roll a want for an object). They must go for high-end jobs such as Business, and Medical. They can NOT be an athlete or a musician. Each individual “family” must have their own residence. Once Gen1 dies, you must build a beautiful family home. (black sheep idea: A slacker with no job, or a heartbreaker)

3- The Militants: Again this does not start until the previous generation are retired. The kids of this generation are all friends (except the black sheep) so they demolish EVERYTHING and build a large house with room for everyone, and a self contained sleepout for the black sheep. Once again the parents come first. You must give them a very nice bedroom with ensuite. Next most important is the gym. After that the rest of the house. Sims may share but only with a sibling of the same sex or a spouse. Children in this generation do not have to have children, but there must be at least two children born to somone. Any child may be the heir, it does not have to be the child of the heir. Careers for this generation must be althletic, so Athletic (duh) and military. Law enforcement is an optional extra, all tho that comes into the story later. (black sheep idea: and intellectual sim that learns logic and reads a lot, computer geek)

4- The Artisans: These kids are rebelling from the rigidness of their militant elders. They like the big house so they keep that, but go into creative type work, journalism, musician, writers, artists. You must add an artists studio, and a writing workshop to your house. You must have at least 3 kids this time. And every sim must have their own room. You may not delete anything from the lot. (black sheep idea: A hard worker, ambitious, has a job such as science or business)

5- The Scum of Society: These guys had such flighty parents that they went off the rails. They will be criminals and heartbreakers. They may marry but they must have affairs. They must build a big party room and use it! They must also build a criminal mastermind type room (beats me what ya gonna put in it but you have 5 generations to decide :P). You may not delete anything from the lot. Sometime before they retire they must get “busted” (everything goes demolish the house and sell your possesions and you lose all your money, my fave way to do this is to build and delete a lot of walls, but you might have your own methods. You can keep partnership/ownership of any businesses you have) they must all go to “jail” (again a self contained underground flat) (black sheep idea: A goody-two-shoes, but not law enforcement career. Perhaps politics or medical)

6- Picking up the peices: Since the previous generation lost everything, and are now imprisoned, this generation does not want to make the same mistakes! They must all get “honest” jobs and at least one must join Law enforcement. They may build themselves a sensible family home with room for everyone, if they can afford it. This generation is very strict on their kids, they will not go down the same paths as their parents. They must all be on the honour roll (except the black sheep) and must all reach the top of a part time job career. (black sheep idea: one that is still a bit off the rails, but this one is more along the lines of a partier and a player)

7- Travellors: True to their parents’ wishes, these kids will go abroad to seek their fortunes. They will need to buy holiday homes in each country. They will have jobs, but their main focus is their overseas pursuits. (black sheep idea: a homebody that wants to live at home and read books)

8- The Perfect Family, pretty much as it states. This will probably be the only generation that has several children. They will be farmers and cooks, and scientists. They will be the perfect parents and all their kids must be good students and have part time jobs as teens. (black sheep idea: dislikes kids, has none, is a bit insane)

9- Silver Spoons: These kids are again rebelling against their strict parents. As soon as their folks have retired they will build an elaborate mansion, none of these kids will work, they may travel and “live it up” in style, they may marry, but defiantly don’t have to. They don’t really want kids. Except the black sheep, who will have the Heir in this generation. (Black sheep idea: marries and enjoys a nice sensible family life)

10- Leaders of the World: The heir in this generation is very ambitious. They will join the politics career and the black sheep will join the criminal career. They must reach the top of their careers. They must also have at least two kids each. Challenge ends when this generation retires.

OK thats about it. I think i have covered pretty much every aspect of the game which will be fun for me cos i tend to play the same way. I am going to spice it up even more with a “jar” full of possible events that i will get one of when i am sick of playing, i will try and upload a list of these tomorrow.

Hope you like it!

AND BOY OH BOY WHAT A FREAKING NOVEL!!!!

Oh and i don’t usually play with points so if anyone wants to write a points system go right ahead!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 8:30 AM
Wow, This seems epic. Rofl
I'd want to do this but I'm over with legacies... maybe in the summer. XD
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 8:19 PM
it sounds fun... maybe i'll try it when i finish the legacy i'm doing now. but i've got a question...

how will the spouse of the legacy heir found a spouse if he/she cant get out of the house? will you have to make one using CAS? or is he/she allowed to get out of the lot for that purpose?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 12:13 AM
sorry: refrase: you may not MOVE out of the house, you are welcome to wander the town at any time :P
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 6:51 AM
oh okay!
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 1:06 AM
Now THIS is a good idea....I was getting so bored with same ole same ole legacy. Really, how many times can you do that? Thank you for this idea. I'm going to give this a go!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 11:54 PM
Thank you! glad you like it
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 3:14 PM
AWESOME!

lol, but i am doing too many challenges right now!

maybe soon though
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 3:42 AM
Sweet when and if anyone does this i would love to see! i havent even done this yet, im having major computer probs :S
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 3:42 PM
Your challenge looks great!

I just have a quick question. If the children of the third generation aren't allowed to have children, how will there be any children born? Since they have to be born I assume that they can't be adopted. Are the grandparents supposed to have two extra "spare" children. Do the spouses provide the children?
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 4:50 PM
Good question...

Great Challenge btw, i think i will try it when i'm done with my immortal sisters (as they are immortal it might take a while )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 3:27 AM
Sorry late reply:

ilfje: I believe i meant to say this generation does not have to have children, as in, every couple doesnt have to have kids, their just has to be two children born to SOMEONE. It makes no sense for any generation to be restricted from having kids... lols my bad, thanks for pointing that out and i will amend it now

catvonpaxton: I like the immortal challange, i want to try it at some point but i dont think i will make mine immortal i get bored to quick lmao
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 6:46 PM
I know this thread is old but it looks really cool! I'm definitely gonna do it
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 7:44 PM
I really really love this! But I had a quick question regarding the rules for Gen. 2. It says each family must have their own residence, but it also says you must build a beautiful home once Gen. 1 dies. So can I not build my house until Gen. 1 is dead, should it be a simple and plain house until they die (and then make it beautiful), or can I build them each a nice home once Gen. 1 is retired?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 4:31 AM
SORRY GUYS been so dern busy i havent been on the MTS boards in AGES!

Meggied90: Apologies, it should really say, once gen1 is taken care of and have everything they need, you MAY build you family home.

Supersarah430: Thank you! Please let me know how you go!!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 4:09 AM
I just started replaying Sims 3 recently and happened to stumble upon this challenge. It sounds more exciting than most Legacy challenges I've seen. Question--Can you add somethings that make use of the new expansion features (Ambitions and Late Night). Thanks in advance!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 6:25 AM
yup i have recently printed this out so i will re-work it and add in a few new edits for ambitions and late night. I dont personally like the professions part of Ambitions tho, but i will do my best to include them
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 1:02 PM
Umm, it seems kinda hard... Maybe if Im out of ideas ill try this but...