Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 3:58 PM Last edited by ennian : 28th Mar 2010 at 9:48 AM.
Default Freaky frenky fame challenge (a variation on the uglacy)
I've never created a challenge before, but then I read the ugly gene challenge for sims 3, which is harder than in the sims 2, because genetics have changed. So I decided to make my own challenge, with somewhat the same basics, but...different.

Freaky Frenky Fame challenge
from outcast to incrowd

In the year 2007, a team of researchers and SF-fanatics, set out to create the next generation human. A more powerful being that would be able to live through climate, war and nuclear mayhem. Unfortunately, they screwed up bits of the experiment and ended up producing something that was more like the next generation of Frankenstein.

Afraid that anybody would notice this freak of nature, the monster was released in the mountains of sunset valley, where the scientists hoped it would 'perish' on it's own. But this is no ordinary monster, this is your founder.

Challenge goal: Reach the top of any career.

That sounds simple enough, unless of course, your sim is a monster.

Rules:
- You can create any kind of sim in CAS, male or female, with or without CC. The only restriction is that it has to be a 'deformed' sim, and that, for challenge purposes, the sim's skincolour must be out of the ordinary (for example, red, blue or green) You can move your sim into any lot, but for story purposes a lot in a secluded area would be better.

- The founder can't leave the house (since it's a monster and will be killed on site). The only way to make friends or find romance, is by chatting and inviting sims over, or talk to sims that pass by.

- The founder (and all deformed sims after that) only get one shot at friendship/romance per sim they meet. If the sim in question doesn't get moved in or befriended after the first meeting, they will know you're a monster and can't be contacted anymore.

- No deformed sims are allowed to leave the house, get a job or buy books/groceries (again, you decide when a sim is classed as deformed)

- No hacks allowed

- married in sims are only allowed parttime jobs, but are allowed to build skills, and do any other normal activities

- In order to keep the pride in the family, the skincolour of your founder must be kept throughout the generations. Skincolour does not count towards being deformed, and if there are no sims left with the original skincolour, the challenge ends.

- Your sim can only join a fulltime career if the sim in question isn't deformed, and the sim got an A for at least one day, as either a child or teenager.

- If your sim isn't deformed, but didn't get an A, the sim may join a parttime job.

the important part: Your sim can only learn skills (or do homework!) if he/she has one of the following traits:

- ambitious
- genius
- bookworm
- lucky
- workaholic
In addition, your sim can only join the business career if he/she has the 'charismatic' trait.

Your sim can only learn one of the following skills (guitar, fishing etc..) if he/she has

- angler (fishing)
- green thumb (gardening)
- artistic (painting)
- bookworm (writing)
- virtuoso (guitar)

- Traits can't be chosen. If you get the option to choose traits, you must roll (click on the random button).

You are allowed to choose the traits of your founder, since he/she isn't allowed to work because of appearance.

All of the sims on the lot can score points, but only a sim with the founder's skin colour (the family colour) can complete the challenge. Because some of the sims 3 genetics are random, you may have to try hard to keep the skincolour in the family. The challenge ends when a sim with the family colour reaches the top of a career, or when there are no sims left with the right family colour

scoring: you can score a total of 100 points.

+ 1 point for every sim that is married into the family (max 10 points)
+ 1 point for every family friend (max 20 points)
+ 5 points for every skill maxed (only one skill per sim, max 20 points)
+ 5 points for every child/teen getting an a in school (max 20 points)
+ 25 points for reaching the top of a career (max 25 points)
+ 1 point for each non-deformed sim (max 5 points)

- 1 point for every sim born without the family skincolour (max -5 points)
- 2 points for every time the repoman comes (max -20 points)
- 1 point for every deformed sim leaving the house (in adulthood)
- 1 point for each child sim that fails school

Well, that's it I guess :P
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 10:00 AM
has anyone tried it, or just too boring/ rip off :P
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 5:44 AM
I'm gonna try it once I've finished the "Klepto King"
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 9:59 PM