Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 5:06 AM Last edited by StaticEnigma : 17th Aug 2010 at 4:39 PM.
Default The Simpossible Challenge
The Simpossible Challenge

Are you a experienced sims player? Been taking care of your sims without incident for years? Find other challenges easy? Well, then you've come to the right place. This challenge was created to throw a wrench into your carefully oiled routine.

Challenge Rules

Awesome Mod story progression is allowed. I'm allowing it because I myself cannot live without it, and I've heard several times that other people can't either. Besides, who are your heirs going to marry if your neighbors are all dead? The catch is that Hand of God, or anything else automated like that, whether it's cleaning or something else, is not. Boolprop or any motive adjusters, ect. are also a no-no.

You cannot use lifetime rewards, despite what you roll as a challenge. No cheating! These are just not allowed, they make the game too easy.

If you fail at part of your challenge in any generation (except the last), do not roll another for your next generation in that category. For example, if you roll the family man and don't finish it, then the challenge for your next generation is... you guessed it, the family man.

In order to finish the challenge, you must play 15 generations, with none of your children being taken by a social worker or dying before reaching young adult status (but you can kill them off/move them out after that for space). All sim spawn that are not heirs must stay within the household until they are young adults.

Any mods that are built to make studying or being promoted easier, or making food/real estate (including bills) cheaper, or automatically stocking your fridge are not allowed. Anything that makes the game easier to handle like that causes a automatic fail. If you aren't sure, ask.

Don't be discouraged if you fail the first time, as this challenge is supposed to be very hard. If you lose, you may start again with your current generation. However, that generation is now your first, no matter what number you were on. The youngest heir (no matter how young... or old) is now your founder, and none of the wants/achievements/careers of anyone older than the heir count towards the challenge.

You may not age sims up prematurely. You must wait until their birthday.

Resurrecting ghosts is allowed, but once they are dead, they do not count towards the challenge in any way shape or form.

One generation ending is marked by the death of your older heir, not by your new heir growing up to young adult. Your generations may mesh in this fashion, but none of your achievements count as long as the other heir is "active". You may move out or kill your former heirs once the younger heir reaches young adult, but only if their generation challenges are completed. All children must stay in the house.

To Begin

1) Set your aging to 80 days (aka. Medium).

2) Roll for your first generation. Either write it down on paper or with a word processor.

3)
Create your sims in CAS. If you rolled a single parent, make one sim. If you rolled a couple, you must create them both at once.

4) Move your sims into a house. You may move into a new house during the span of the game, but it must be fully built before your sim moves in, they must buy it furnished, and they must be able to pay for it without the use of cheats or freerealestate.

The Challenges

Marital Challenges
(Roll one)

1) Single parent - Your sim must raise all their children alone. They cannot get married, or move another adult that isn't their child into the house. They may use a babysitter until one of their children is a teenager, however, after that the eldest child must take care of the kids. (Roll 1-2)

2) Adoptive Single parent - Your sim may not marry, and may not have their own children. No other adults that are not adopted by them may move into the house. You get what you take responsibility for - they may not use a babysitter. (Roll 3-4)

3) Couple - You must have two sims, but they must remain unmarried. They can become fiancees if they want. This couple may have their own children, or they may adopt. (Roll 5)

4) Unhappy Couple - Your sims must be married straight out of CAS, but can never have a relationship above 70. The only exception is to breed, but it must immediately come back down. They must have their own children, but can never use a babysitter. They can have other adults in the household unless otherwise specified. (Roll 6)

Number of Children
(Roll one)

1) 3 (Roll 1-3)

2) 5 (Roll 4-5)

3) 6 (Roll 6)

Note: You may have more children than this number if you want, but you cannot have any less.

Player Challenges
(Optional... roll one of these if you want extra difficulty.)

1) Bluetooth - Hands free. Until your heir is a teenager, you may only direct your sims to reproduce, to feed children, and to get jobs, but nothing else. You also cannot make sims go to work/school. The only time that you can intervene outside these grounds is if a sim's life is at stake or if your kids are in danger of being taken by the social worker. If you roll this for your first or second generations, please reroll. (Roll 1)

2) Babysitter - You must turn free will off for one generation. No sims can do things for themselves, but if they do so to save their own lives, it does not cause the challenge to fail. (Roll 2-3)

3)Absentee - When it comes anything child-related except for reproduction and teaching toddlers, you cannot direct your adult or teenage sims to take care of children unless they are in danger of death or being taken by the social worker. (Roll 4)

4) Inconsiderate - You cannot direct your sims to do anything career-related other than getting a job. You cannot direct them to go to work or come home after work. This does not impede your sims' skill building unless otherwise specified. (Roll 5)

5) Life in the Fast Lane - You can only play in fast forward for a entire generation, with the exception of pausing. (Roll 6)

Income Challenges
(Roll one)

1) Working Woman - Your female founder/spouse/heir must reach level 10 in their given career. If they have a spouse, that spouse must not work. If your founder/heir has rolled to be a single parent and they are male, please reroll. (Roll 1-2)

2) Deadbeat Parents - Your sims must only work in non-career fashions... such as by painting on the easel and selling the resulting paintings, or by other means. Your sims cannot be "hired" when you roll this challenge. (Roll 3)

3) Dirty Filthy Thief - You must create a sim with the Kleptomania trait, and they must make all the family's money via selling things that they have stolen. Nobody else in the family can have a job, and the Klepto cannot work in the Criminal career. (Roll 4)

4) Tricks of the Trade - At least one sim in the generation must be promoted to level 5 in all of the available jobs (not including painting, writing, ect). This must be completed before the sim becomes a elder. (Roll 5)

5) Fending for Yourself - Your sims can only make money by selling fish and produce they have caught/grown. Additionally, they can only sell their stockpile every Sunday. (Roll 6)

Moar Challenges
(Roll one for generations 1-5, two for generations 6+)

1) Dedicated - At least two of your sims must have all their skills maximized. If you have rolled "Fending for Yourself", then fishing and gardening has been omitted from this challenge. (Roll 1)

2) Overpopulated - You must have at least one bedroom less than your number of sims. After 5 children, it is increased to two. You can also only have one bathroom. Additionally, you are not allowed to move out of the house until the generation that rolled this challenge is finished. (Roll 2)

3) Camper - A sim must spend two nights a week in a community lot, or at another household. They cannot sleep at home, and cannot return even if their non-essential motives (aka. Pretty much everything except hunger) are in the red. The sim cannot be a teenager or a child, obviously. (Roll 3)

4) Funny Business - Your household must throw a party once per day. It cannot be a flop. No moved-out family members can attend. You cannot call for pizza - all food served must be hand-cooked. (Roll 4)

5) Reinforcements No More - You cannot call for a maid, babysitter, repairman, or anything else in the service category. You also must remove your fire detector, if you have one. All fires must be fought yourself, all broken items repaired, and all cleaning done. (Roll 5)

6) Multitasking - All of your sims must work a job, regardless of age (teenager, adult, elder). This does not over-ride the income section, so reroll if you have rolled a income that requests only one working sim. (Roll 6)

Life Goals
(Roll one)

1) Fulfilled Desire - Your sims must all achieve their lifetime wants, as well as achieve 50,000 worth of rewards points in their lifetime. (Roll 1)

2) Perfect Family - Your sims must all grow up perfect, maxing all their toddler skills and regular skills as well as being promoted to the top of their careers. They must be friends with all of their family members, and this state must persist until they age up to elder, or die/move out. (Roll 2)

3)Ultimate Collector - At least one sim needs to collect all plant seeds, catch all fish, own all of the buyable books, and own the most expensive in every category of buy mode. They must also own a pool. (Roll 3)

4) Sleeping Around - Your sim must woohoo with more than 35 sims in their neighborhood. It does not matter if they are married or single, as long as the sim gets their loving on. (Roll 4)

5) Restless - Your sim family must move to a new house (bigger or smaller) every time a new sim is born to the family. If you run out of houses, you can move back to the house you have previously inhabited, as long as you aren't just moving out of it. (Roll 5)

6) Growing Up Twisted - All of your sims born in this generation must have the evil and insane traits, and they must be enemies with everyone they know. If you have rolled a adoptive marital situation, please reroll. (Roll 6)

All of the miscellaneous stuff (such as how to raise 6 kids with a single parent that cannot use a babysitter) is up to you. Figure it out, and if you feel so inclined, share how you did it.

You can find all my creations/guides/ports/hotfixes at my site, Static-Sims.
Sims 3 ACCESS_VIOLATION errors, anyone? Fixed at my site.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 8:56 AM
It sounds too much like the random legacy challenge. I think you 'd rather have to change things to make it different from the tigger89's one.

Moreover, a few things seem too hard " 5) Life in the Fast Lane - You can only play in fast forward for a entire generation, with the exception of pausing. (Roll 6) ".. Have you tested that in your game? It woud be too much stressful. for the player and for the game. There are some issues linked to the fast speed in the game. It's not adviced to use it too often......
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 4:32 PM
I don't know what you're seeing that's the same as the random legacy challenge... *sigh*

There are a lot of generally new ideas here - some of them are the same for familiarity, and some of them are hard - and about the impossible stuff, it's supposed to be hard, but I know it's possible because I TESTED it. You are allowed to pause the game. Last time I checked, the fast forward wasn't actually that fast.

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 4:35 PM
What issues are there that's linked to using fast forward too much?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 9:04 PM
this seems like fun. its kind of like random but not if that makes since.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 9:42 PM
Kaospilot, there have been issues with games crashing when using fast forward too much. My game crashes often anyway (was unable to fix the problem even through many discussions on MTS of what might fix it) and some of the time it seems that fast forward makes my game crash more often (and saving often, like every few hours in game, makes my game crash less). If I try this challenge, which I might because it looks fun xD, then I definitely would re-roll if I rolled fast lane.. simply because I don't want to risk my game crashing often.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 10:08 PM
Oh. Thanks for telling. Had no idea about that
Luckily haven't had any issues myself. I guess it's maybe because its a strain for you computer? I know if I push my old computer too much it just clean crashes.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 10:20 PM
Like I said, I did a lot to try to fix the problem and nothing work. My computer is less than a year old and very high quality.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 10:23 PM
Yet another thing EA should sort out then :/

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilliandulcia
Kaospilot, there have been issues with games crashing when using fast forward too much. My game crashes often anyway (was unable to fix the problem even through many discussions on MTS of what might fix it) and some of the time it seems that fast forward makes my game crash more often (and saving often, like every few hours in game, makes my game crash less). If I try this challenge, which I might because it looks fun xD, then I definitely would re-roll if I rolled fast lane.. simply because I don't want to risk my game crashing often.

If this is a problem then you can simply reroll; the section it's included in is a optional one, for more difficulty.

Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 3:49 AM
Very good and well thought out! I love how you tested all of it before posting. This may be a tad similair to the Random Legacy Challenge but great minds think alike! Although I'm horrible at playing without cheats I might try this just to see how much hair I can pull out in the process. Hehehe!

Theres no half-singing in the shower, your either a rock star or an opera diva.

Theres no half-trying in Sims, your either a Newbie or a experinced player

SiMs FoReVeR
<3 <3 <3
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 4:09 AM
Would you allow Twallan's Progression? My game decides to have a breakdown if I try to put Awesome Mod in it.

Back from the dead. Even though nobody cares.
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 9:15 AM
what you're seeing that's the same
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LuteFanBoyNick
Would you allow Twallan's Progression? My game decides to have a breakdown if I try to put Awesome Mod in it.

If it's any type of story progression it's okay, as long as it doesn't have any hacks other than that... and if it does, just don't use them.

Quote: Originally posted by chloebee102
Very good and well thought out! I love how you tested all of it before posting. This may be a tad similair to the Random Legacy Challenge but great minds think alike! Although I'm horrible at playing without cheats I might try this just to see how much hair I can pull out in the process. Hehehe!

I hope you do... I don't think anyone is doing this one, and I was actually thinking about deleting my posts and pretending it never happened.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 6:04 PM
"I hope you do... I don't think anyone is doing this one, and I was actually thinking about deleting my posts and pretending it never happened. "

Hey! Don't do that! I've been getting bored of most challenges I come across and have been looking for a true challenge. I didn't know the Random Legacy, so I just looked it up. Seems like too many specifics for my tastes. I like the sound of yours better- I at least get the freedom of choosing which branch of career my sims go in (for the most part.) And I like that yours starts with a minimum of three children- It's never much of a challenge to only have one! I think I'll have to try this one. =)

Wow. I just recovered this username after nearly four years of this account being inaccessible... Oh happy day!
(Btw, PsychoKatie and Psycho_Katie = same person. A site-wide glitch messed up accounts four years ago and I had to remake one...)
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 7:19 PM
this is awesome. i think i will go ahead and try it, but i seriously suck at remembering to take screenies, so i will not be able to post.
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 7:45 PM
The Form
i made a form you can use to keep track if you like. i will be using it for myself, and you can upload your own with info if you are bad with screenies, so everyone can show how they did it.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  The Simpossible Challanges.zip (7.1 KB, 19 downloads) - View custom content
Description: The Form You can Use.
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 1:02 AM
hey,

please don't delete this one I am currently doing it. Looks great :P
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 7:59 AM
I'm Starting it. I will post when I get a little blog together.