Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 5:11 PM
Default Teenagers Run the Show
I saw a Teenage Survival challenge somewhere in this forum, and I made my own- revamped and much harder.

1. Create four Sims in CAS. Two Teens, a Child, and a Toddler. I suggest two girls and two boys, but you can have any gender combination you wish. You WILL need at least one girl and one boy. No two Sims should have the same traits if you can help it. The teenagers can be just friends or they can be romantically involved. Just for mood, you can give them ratty hair, no makeup, and torn clothes, but it's not necessary. One of the Teens is sibling to a child, the other a sibling to the Toddler.

2. This starts like any Legacy- with a huge lot and no money. The lot should be 60x60, and preferably tucked away in the woods somewhere. Buy a refridgerator, one outdoor/floor lamp, a toilet and a wall for the toilet to lean on, and four single beds.

Story: Both of the parents died or abandoned your children, and they refuse to be picked up by Social Workers, so they live alone. They must keep their lives a secret.

You Need: Any mod that lifts the No-Children-Only restriction (like AwesomeMod). I also think having a Teen Pregnancy mod would be useful for this, but it's certainly not required.

Rules:
-Your family is only allowed to interact with people far away from where they live. They may not interact with anyone in the Downtown-ish areas, any rich people, or anyone affiliated with City Hall.
-If any of your Sims becomes an enemy of an outside Sim, they will discover your secret and the game is over.
-If any of your Sims speak to anyone on any level of the Law Enforcement, Journalism, or Political careers, the game is over.
-Your Sims cannot be photographed or written about in the newspaper, so do not do any opportunities, otherwise people might get suspicious.
-Your Sims are not allowed to go to public, private, or boarding school. They must rely on books.
-You can cook food at home or have it delivered, however, there is no going to the grocery store allowed.
-Food and the newspaper can not be delivered until your lot has a house (as in, furniture should be inside a structure with four walls and a roof.)
-Your Sim cannot go to any shops, but they can go to the Library, parks, the Gym, and any other free, public places.
-At no time can any of your original four leave the lot. Any children that are had can move out as they so please.

Money:
-Anything can be bought with money or Lifetime Happiness points.
-Your Sims cannot have part-time jobs or full-time jobs. They CAN make money paitning, gardening, writing, or doing anything self-employed that does not require them to leave their house.
-Your Sism can form a band but cannot play gigs until at least one of them is a Young Adult.

Once your Teenagers are Young Adults, they can do whatever they please, get jobs, and become the guardians of their siblings. Children can go to school now, and all restrictions are lifted.

The challenge ends when your original two Teens die.

Twists:
-Klepto Teen: One of your Teens is a Klepto and steals from people in town. Rich people are off-limits. The others in the house can't know about it.
-Forever Alone: Nobody can leave the home lot for any purposes whatsoever. No deliveries can be made and no communication to or from the outside world is allowed.

This challenge doesn't have scoring- it's just a win/lose.

If you have any ideas for additions or changes, you can let me know in comments.

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 6:04 AM
This sounds hard, but very fun.
Is it okay if we do it without any mods?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KayMacd
This sounds hard, but very fun.
Is it okay if we do it without any mods?

I think you would need mods, because TS3 doesn't like it when you have kids in the house with no adult. I suppose you could just make an adult with them and keep him locked in a room forever with only the bare necessities and pretty much just ignore him except to keep him fed.

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lipglosschaos
I suppose you could just make an adult with them and keep him locked in a room forever with only the bare necessities and pretty much just ignore him except to keep him fed.

Or you could just kill him...
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 6:45 AM
Ya but then a social worker would take the teens and their siblings away...

Mods or locked room are the best options...

U could kill him after the teens become YA though...

Btw, is there a certain lifespan for sims we should use, cuz it would affect their aging

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Scholar
#6 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 7:29 AM Last edited by jonha : 11th Jul 2011 at 7:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651
Ya but then a social worker would take the teens and their siblings away...

As far as I know, and I'm pretty sure, teens living with children is an acceptable situations for the social worker, so he will take nobody. If anything, he would take the children, but teens aren't abducted in any case.

Edit: Just checked the code and it works like this (code simplified):

Code:
if (not(teenOrAboveInHousehold) and childrenInHousehold)
	callSocialWorker
else if(not(teenOrAboveOnHomeLot) and childrenOnHomeLot)
	callBabySitter

This means everything is fine as long as there is a teen or above in the house hold. And that there will be an automatic baby sitter if your teens are off lot but the children are still there.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 3:41 PM
@jonha

Then how come CAS doesnt allow you to make a teen eithout a YA or above sim made first

GTA V
Alchemist
#8 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651
@jonha

Then how come CAS doesnt allow you to make a teen eithout a YA or above sim made first

My guess is that EA didn't want you to create teen households, but made allowances for the adults in the house dying while there were kids in the household during gameplay.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 6:31 AM
That would make sense, i just havent tried making an adult die and leaving a teen, it MIGHT work, but idk

GTA V
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 7:12 AM
I've done it before, and if an adult dies and there's a teen, no one gets taken away. I don't know why a parent has to be there in CAS. Maybe just so the Social Worker can say, "There was a parent when they moved in!!! Well, no that they're dead, that teen is practically an adult anyway." :P
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 3:03 AM
This challenge sounds fun. I might as well try it.