Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 8:33 PM
Default Bigfoot kidnapping toddlers??
4 years ago I had a weird thing happen to me in ts2 which I've never experienced nor read about before, and I can't find a single post about anything like it. I've been meaning to make a thread about this ever since I made an account on MTS but for some reason I never made this post - until now! Short said, this is what happened:

I created a family of four, two parents and two toddlers. I moved them to a small house and was going to play for a bit before continuing building my neighborhood. The second or third night around 02:00 I think, something weird happened. The two toddlers were sleeping in their room and their parents were awake watching tv or something in another room. I was just switching between them and the toddlers, minding my own business, when all of a sudden I see bigfoot’s icon in the queue of both toddlers. I was like: “wth?” so I hovered over the icon to see what he was trying to do and it said something along the lines of “be taken away by”. I was like, what?? Bigfoot was not a part of the family nor had anyone in the family ever interacted with him.

I paused the game to think about what I should do. I thought that perhaps he wouldn’t be able to go through the door (since duh, it was locked) but no, he just walked right through haha. I paused again and considered my options which was: 1. let him take the toddlers to wherever he was planning on taking them, or 2. simply delete him. I made him selectable to see what was in his queue, and I think it said “take baby” or something similiar (in other words: no more information than I got from the babies’ queues). I was soo confused haha! While I was curious what would happen if he did take them away, in the heat of the moment I didn’t want him to, so I decided to delete him. That didn’t work though, so I ended up deleting the doors. When he finally gave up (read: he couldn’t get through the walls) and was walking off the lot, I thought to myself: I should take a screenshot, just in case nobody believes me when I tell them this (since I literally had never heard of this happening to anyone else, and my quick google search gave zero results). So yeah, the attached image is the only proof of that weird encounter with bigfoot I had 3-4 years ago.

I regret not letting him take the toddlers. I’m so damn curious as to what this was and what would have happen if he took them. Would he make stew out of them? Would he come back with them the next night? Would they come back as children years later? I have so many questions and no answers, and I’ve yet to find anyone talking about anything similiar. There’s no information at all about this on simsfandom nor can I find any discussions about this topic whatsoever, so here I am!

Does anyone have any idea what this was? Or what happens after he takes the toddlers? I need to know!! I'm so curious :-D
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
The two toddlers were sleeping in their room and their parents were awake watching tv or something in another room. I was just switching between them and the toddlers, minding my own business, when all of a sudden I see bigfoot’s icon in the queue of both toddlers. I was like: “wth?” so I hovered over the icon to see what he was trying to do and it said something along the lines of “be taken away by”.

This sounds like a draft for a horror movie script. Totally creepy
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 10:46 PM
I've never heard of this happening. Maybe it's some extremely well hidden game feature no one has found before. Or a "feature" in a mod you have. Difficult to know. I'd think it's more likely to be a mod.

Kind of reminds me of an idea I had for a story that never happened (but not quite the same premise - it did involve Bigfoot and a toddler/baby, but no kidnapping and no horror. I don't know if I even have any of the original writing anymore. It probably died alongside my ancient laptop. I still have a few (crappy) pictures of the would-be story, but I ended up getting very distracted by lots of shiny things. The baby ended up wearing the first infant outfit I made, so take a guess at what distracted me ).
Instructor
#4 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 11:27 PM
It reminds me of what I heard about children ghosts, where like the witch doctor or some other sim that's not meant to be there shows up on your lot to collect the ghost kid.

But surely that wouldn't happen with living toddlers in the family, right?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 11:38 PM
Maybe Bigfoot just thought that he was the Social Worker? I'm just basing this on the 'Take away' and 'Be taken away' interactions. However, that doesn't explain why the game made him behave like the Social Worker, or why he was even there if the toddlers were well looked after.

It's interesting, though.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Alchemist
#6 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 1:25 AM
This is the kind of surreal moment that would've fit right into TS1.
Instructor
#7 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 2:12 AM
i thought just like CrystalFlame; the interactions "Be taken away by" and "take baby" are social worker interactions, so could bigfoot just be glitching and acting like the social worker? But you found that deleting doors helped, and I don't think that woud have helped with the social worker, they just go straight through the walls. Since it was 4 years back maybe you don't remember what mods (if any) you had in, but it would have been interesting to try to reproduce the situation. What an incredibly storyfriendly thing to happen, though! I'm a bit jealous.
Instructor
#8 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 2:54 AM
I'm very curious what mod that'd be if it were a mod. I did some googling on the subject just to see what I could find, but unfortunately most of the search results were actual real life people saying they/someone they knew was kidnapped by a real bigfoot - not sims 2 stuff
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 2:58 AM
^ Yeah, I saw that, too

But seriously, though, it could be a Bigfoot-turned-wannabe-SocialWorker. That theory kind of makes sense, in a weird way.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 3:19 AM
Did you have any dead children tombstones on that lot? Weird NPCs spawn when the ghosts of dead children appear from the tombstones (see Marticore's vid for more info).

Call me Seth!
Instructor
#11 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
Did you have any dead children tombstones on that lot? Weird NPCs spawn when the ghosts of dead children appear from the tombstones (see Marticore's vid for more info).

That was the first thing I thought of (see my first comment), but would the NPC take living children as well if that were the case?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 5:22 AM
Social worker can come if child is cold or hot or hungry. Though I don't think temperature is case for toddlers.

The only mod what I thought of was this. https://modthesims.info/d/521770/ce...s-toddlers.html
Instructor
#13 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 2:07 PM
Wow, what a mod.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I've never heard of this happening. Maybe it's some extremely well hidden game feature no one has found before. Or a "feature" in a mod you have. Difficult to know. I'd think it's more likely to be a mod.

Me neither! I'm pretty sure I actually had no mods in my dl folder when playing back then. And if I did have anything mod-like, it would have been fixes (like alfixes, phonehack and such) :-)

Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Maybe Bigfoot just thought that he was the Social Worker? I'm just basing this on the 'Take away' and 'Be taken away' interactions. However, that doesn't explain why the game made him behave like the Social Worker, or why he was even there if the toddlers were well looked after.

It's interesting, though.

Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
i thought just like CrystalFlame; the interactions "Be taken away by" and "take baby" are social worker interactions, so could bigfoot just be glitching and acting like the social worker? But you found that deleting doors helped, and I don't think that woud have helped with the social worker, they just go straight through the walls. Since it was 4 years back maybe you don't remember what mods (if any) you had in, but it would have been interesting to try to reproduce the situation. What an incredibly storyfriendly thing to happen, though! I'm a bit jealous.

Oh right! Those are the social worker's interactions, why did that never cross my mind? But I sincerely hope it wasn't a bigfoot-wannabe-social-worker, I reeeeally want this to be a feature in the game haha! I'm pretty sure I had no mods back then (only fixes, if anything). I've never tried to reproduce the situation (I've been busy making custom content haha) but I really want to. Maybe I should give it a go :-D

Quote: Originally posted by trambling101

I did not! It was a fresh, clean custom neighborhood with no tombstones whatsoever. Thank you for the video though, it was very interesting! Ts2 never fails to amaze

Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Social worker can come if child is cold or hot or hungry. Though I don't think temperature is case for toddlers.

The only mod what I thought of was this. https://modthesims.info/d/521770/ce...s-toddlers.html

I'm pretty sure my toddlers were fully happy, I have a vague memory of feeding them both + changing diapers before putting them to sleep.

Oh my god, that mod!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 11:47 PM
If this was April 1st, I wouldn't believe it! It's beginning to look as if it's a wonderful Easter Egg with a very, very low probability, hidden in The Sims 2 by Will Wright and his friends, to delight a handful of lucky players (but maybe not so much delight the toddlers and their parents). To think that the parents, blissfully unaware, were sitting watching television, while you were doing battle with a monster that was trying to steal their babies. I don't blame you for trying to delete Bigfoot -- but I doubt if I would have had the presence of mind to even think of that. I'd have probably just been horrified.

There are some things in The Sims 2 that are only rarely seen, but that the developers clearly put a lot of thought and effort into. It doesn't begin to compare with hairy monsters abducting toddlers, but I've never seen since the clumsy fumbled "nearly kiss" that was all that Andrew and Julian could manage the first time they tried to kiss each other. It was just so right for these boys tentatively starting to explore their sexuality. Not only have I not seen it since, but I've never seen anyone else describe it either. So, if they can hide that away in the code, to be seen only on the rarest of occasions, maybe they can similarly hide Bigfoot stealing babies.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 1:04 AM
Wow, what a ride this thread is.

For what it's worth, the social worker theory is what I came up with as well. I also thought about why didn't Bigfoot teleport the toddlers if he thought he was a social worker, but maybe it has something to do with the fact that the social worker arrives in a van and Bigfoot didn't? Or some other social worker code that Bigfoot didn't recieve. I've no idea. I doubt taking sim children away depends on the vehicle outright but it's a guess.

Who knows, maybe the action would've fallen out of the queue when he got to the toddlers because it was incompatible with him. Something similar happened in my game one time, Angela Pleasant tried to high five my sim's baby and it just cancelled itself out.

Why not be kind?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yourfriendmichelle
Something similar happened in my game one time, Angela Pleasant tried to high five my sim's baby and it just cancelled itself out.

I constantly get sims who joined the uni secret society trying to do the Play.../Secret Handshake interaction on babies and toddlers for some reason. Funny how the game works sometimes lol!

I wonder if maybe OP's objects.package got modified accidentally which may have caused this weird behavior. Definitely sounds like a mix up with the social worker and the bigfoot NPC.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 1:50 AM
I went into SimPE and peeked at the Bon Voyage objects.package and Bigfoot's file (I didn't mess with anything, don't worry ). It doesn't look like there's anything connected to him kidnapping children, specifically toddlers. From what I saw, anyway. I don't know how deep taking children goes into the game code.

Why not be kind?
Mad Poster
#19 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
That was the first thing I thought of (see my first comment), but would the NPC take living children as well if that were the case?

I know with living kids, if one gets taken away, any others on the lot get taken too - I once had a kid get ghost-scared almost to death, and the social worker came and took all of them. So I guess if a ghost child triggered the social worker, the living kids could be targets. But that doesn't explain why Bigfoot gave up, unless the bug that made him spawn instead meant he didn't have the social worker's magic teleport powers.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 10:17 PM
I wonder if Bigfoot had the same Sim ID as a social worker?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh